Leeway here to stay

Anything with an 800s delay is not the game…

3 Likes

Its the streamers I tell ya!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

then try it yourself in 2 windows. Trial account. Measure the time between you pressing the ‘W’ key, and the movement reflected by other window.

It takes you 13 minutes to see your toon move?

4 Likes

Glad to hear Blizz is checking this stuff.

no, 800 miliseconds

I can already see Leeway range addon.

Example : Orc leeway range is 10 yard. Get a spell/item with the same range and the addon will just have to alert you when this spell/item is in range for use and so that you are in leeway range too.

PvP will have to include leeway mechanics. It’s gonna be like cheating lol but it won’t be.

4 Likes

No. You’re argument is you want blizzard to change the game to suit your agenda. This fallacy is pretentious.

As someone who has dual-boxed for years, I’m well aware of the differences in latency. I used to play on a US server from Australia with latency of 250-300ms, making it a round trip of 500-600ms.

I can also say that in WoD that disappeared when we got Oceanic in-country servers.

It’s also not present in modern WoW when I play on a US-West server from LA. Sometimes my latency is as low as 8s, and my 2nd character reacts as quickly as sub 100ms.

I don’t need to do your two trial account test.

Oh boy I sure do look forward to warriors hamstringing me from 11 yards or more.

7 Likes

Welcome to vanilla.
If you don’t like it, go play something else.

1 Like

IDK, I checked that in WoD I think, during that Warcraft movie promo, and the latency was there.

Then I made a detailed text with time measurement and no background FPS limit, and it was around 800ms to reflect changes in other windows.

During Vanilla i was able to play on Windows 98/XP it’s a technical point too, no ? Layering wasn’t here and servers were caped to 2500 players.

You shouldn’t play Classic then, it’s not Vanilla :wink:

3 Likes

Bummer. It’s going to get abused with the new tech.

4 Likes

Layering is temporary, and so far as we know server caps are unchanged.

Except leeway wasn’t nearly as overtuned as it is at the moment. Same with spell batching. Both are causing unusual bugs and mechanics that did not exist in vanilla. Some people want it removed, but other people just want it properly tuned.

For example (ignoring ridiculous melee range): Feign Death is supposed to drop combat, allowing you to drop a trap. That’s not how it works in Classic. The ticks are so far in between that it takes a solid second or more for you to drop combat and anything can bring you right back in combat. This hurts literally every aspect of the game for Hunters, from soloing to raiding to PvP. Same with trap/scatter on the same DR. They’re not supposed to be.

4 Likes

Blizzard today confirmed leeway is working as intended. I’d assume batching is correct as well, though there’s no word on that (it’s not like it’s some huge process to adjust the batch window, probably just changing a constant).

1 Like

As far as I remember, Feign Death would drop combat, but it would suddenly return due to pet being in combat.

However, not sure how it worked when the pet wasn’t in

1 Like

We’ve never seen meleeing from the range you can get in leeway, even in the original vanilla. And with spell batching there’s a delay on more than just spells (which wasn’t how it used to work). This again kills Hunter PvP and hurts their PvE/solo quite hard. We also can’t trinket swap, as there’s not only a delay on FD (which means it likely won’t work) and a delay on equipping items.

Like I’ve said, they don’t have to remove it. They just need to adjust leeway and spell batching and fix the bugs they’ve caused.

Except any Hunter who knew anything macro’d their pet to passive and stop attack in Feign Death. Then the pet wouldn’t put you back into combat. Even with no pet out at all, FD is not only unreliable but still doesn’t work as it’s supposed to - it doesn’t drop target, doesn’t show you as 0/0 health/mana, doesn’t interrupt attack timers and spell casts, and doesn’t even kill you at the end of the duration.

All of these things is how it worked in vanilla.

8 Likes

Wait, that’s a bug