Learning to Tank is so much nicer in FF14

Well people have different opinions on what is considered Toxic.

Some people may see a suggestion to improve as horribly toxic and some tend not to.

And again that is the opinion of the Dev investigating …for a while there was a Dev on FFXIV banning RPers for “Spamming” when they were just RPing.

And THIS Is why you should question EVERYTHING said on this Forum.

Can you give me the full details or source of this? I cannot tell you why because I have no idea about the circumstances. And each story has 2 sides btw so if I could see full details it would be helpful.

I think you can find evidence on the FFXIV forums but from what I heard people were using the FFXIV version of LFG to form RP groups and a Dev was banning people for doing that. I heard the Dev was fired.

But in the end I do not even know you play FFXIV the OP admitted himself he did not. And I was told about this from a friend from my main server so they could be lying.

They do on the forums. lul.

• Posting seeking to damage or disparage Square Enix, the forum, FINAL FANTASY XIV, or others.

• Posting content with the intention of criticizing either Square Enix staff or specific individuals.

• Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.

All of these are vague enough to be “We don’t like what you’re saying so you are gone.”

Even among FF14 players, they know how ban happy the forums are.

But you absolutely can get banned in game for criticizing SOMEBODY people are super thin-skinned and can’t handle being told they’re playing wrong, and if they were offended that you had the gall to call out their performance, the ToS lets them report you for it.

People aren’t kidding when they say it’s a hugbox over there.

Based on only the info you have provided, it sounds like a rogue employee and you can’t judge FF14 as a whole for one person going rogue.

1 Like

How do I know you have even played FFXIV the OP himself just admited he never did and was simply trolling.

Damn, was gonna post links but not allowed to. So instead I’ll just quote what the GM responded to the player
“The Party Finder system is intended to be used for the formation of parties to attempt content. Essentially, that system is in place to help players find other players for duties, raids, map parties, hunts, etc.”
“It is not intended as a social feature, whereas something like the fellowship finder is.”

Lots of people supported the GM since RP and 18+ venues and all that flood the PF, it’s gotten so bad you see more RP and non-content PF than actual content PF.

But, RP’ers and social MMO’ers are the lifeblood of FF14, so naturally they don’t want to alienate their walking talking moneybags, so they backpedaled on that and that GM probably likely got fired.

Ah yes, I heard about this.

People were putting RP titles in the party finder and a GM decided it was spam and banned the RPers and ignored the listings of people selling gil, boosts, etc.

I don’t know about OP but I been playing it on and off for a few years because a friend gifted me it for xmas.

That is actually not the case anymore. What keeps an MMORPG alive or kills it are streamers and the mindless fanatics that make up their fan bases.

Hence why I made this post.

I do not personally know you so I do not know if you are telling the truth of lying. Not saying this as in insult I just prefer to be skeptical and judge based on my own experiences.

Cathulion Maverick on Leviathan is my character if you wanna look him up. I’ve done all contents and currently working on dark knight/dragoon to 80.

Well even if you enjoy the game it will not be everyone’s cup of tea so would it not be better to let them decide that for themselves.

I dunno about that, there certainly is a lot of stroking off Asmongold since he started playing their game, but I think that might all just be a fad, or a “Flavor of the Month” kinda deal, they aren’t gonna stick, they aren’t gonna stay.

FF14’s playerbase is VERY much casual, casual and social MMO’ers.

Savage is the only real difficult thing in the game and it has a notoriously low attempt/clear rate.

1 Like

…Uh… you have absolutely nothing on FFlogs.

I find “I did all content” rather hard to believe.

1 Like

Exactly the streamers come and go and their flock follows them …form what I have seen so far FFXIV devs are going with the plan if they can keep the streamer happy then he and his fanbase will stick around. However all it takes is one new game offering a better deal, one day of boredom, one fight and those streamers could be out the door and their fans with them.

However if you to create a TRUE community you need fans of the GAME not the people playing it.

Hence why I made this thread.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but I don’t think Asmongold is as influential to FF14 as people think he is.

If he gets tired of the game and quits, I don’t think FF14 will take a very big hit, a lot of the playerbase don’t even really care for the guy, and/or hate him.

People just like stroking off they “won” him over with a “better” game.

I didn’t literally mean all content like all ultimate raids, savage raids, and extreme trials. I meant in the “I’ve done all the content and seen the stories and fights” kind of way. The toughest one I’d say tho was Omega twins savage, they were something else…but I have Omega mount to show for it.

You would be surprised how many people join a game just because their favorite streamer has as well.

Ah, true enough. Looked at the lodestone page (basically Armory) and sure enough you do have it.

Did you do the fight before echo carried players, or when it was relevent? Usually people parse and upload their clears on Savage. If not you, then one of the other 7 surely.

I don’t run ACT myself, but I have parses uploaded of my performance. Which is why I found it was odd someone claiming “Done all the content” has absolutely nothing show up on fflogs.

You think about checking out this thread I made I think your opinion would be of value.