Learning to Tank is so much nicer in FF14

Pro and con to tunnel linear dungeons… learning paths.

Rotations are simple for ff14 tanks and CDs are homogenized. All you need to learn is how much you can pull before each barrier and survive.

The only difference between classic wow tanking vs all other MMORPGs is that in classic wow/tbc you need to build up aggro then dps can start hitting. WoW retail is the same as FF14, you get instant aggro as a tank when you hit mobs and you can’t lose it. So by your own words, wow retail tanking is also “braindead”.

Why are you on here then lmao. Ffxiv is not good. You compare each system to wow and it’s not even close. The game is an unpolished mess.

You’re the minority.

Thats because ffix isn’t competitive and is joke game

It’s not though lol. It’s not even close. Nothing in ffxiv is good outside of the crafting. It’s an unpolished mess. Feels half assed.

You can’t be sure of that, you don’t know how many of wow’s pop uses a addon UI vs base UI, and I make it work perfectly.

Says the panda who’s probably never tried it. There is competitive content - savage raiding, extreme trials, unreal trials, and ultimate raids.

So you’ve never played FF14 or you have a negative view of it because “wow is a perfect MMO”…got it. They do many things better then wow. I dare you to do ultimate raids, that makes mythic raiding look like a joke.

2 Likes

I’ve never run into a mean person who didn’t want to help a tank…at the lower levels. Even at level 60 people have patience for tanks who upfront say “first time tanking.” If you don’t say anything and screw up then of course people are going to get pissed especially if you wipe the group because that could have been avoided. But if you are upfront with people, they’ll understand.

Now once you hit high level and are running mythic plus or raids it’s your job to understand your class. We shouldn’t have to explain keeping threat to a tank, or cc to a dps or telling the healer to stop dps and keep the tank up. You should have learned that while leveling. Step into high level content without knowing what you are doing is your fault, no one elses.

Look at the amount of addons available, the very high demand for updates from the makers on patch day. There is this false belief people like you seem to have that ffxiv is thriving…it’s not lol. People been raging about their UI for years.

Clunky slow animations and mechanics, no difficult content, horrendous pvp, boring questing, invisible barriers everywhere with small zones. These are things their community has hated for years, long before you got on the asmongold bandwagon.

Your post says your someone who didn’t get to lvl 80 and do any serious content to type that out. And what bandwagon? I have been playing both wow and ff14 for years before I even knew about asmon. Just how far did you get and what content did you do to judge it so?

Yeah I don’t like the gogogo mentality of current dungeons even normal is this way now. I blame it one the MDI and peoples obsession with leaderboards even in PVE content. I’d love to see a return to just having fun for the most part and turn all Mythic plus into challenge modes for the competitive crowd that wants to compete.

Leaderboards while helping tune the game and its content also pushes people down narrow defined best paths.

I mean, at least Retail has M+, with affixes that generally completely change how you have to handle things.

Endgame dungeons in FF14 are so damn easy that leveling dungeons are harder.

Endgame dungeons are literally aggro everything until the game puts a wall in your face, use mitigation, aoe spam. Fight boss, rinse repeat.

M+ gives things like Bursting and Necrotic.

1 Like

But M+ has downsides:

Increased toxicity
Esports-designed(this was the original intent) - frustration to players
Gogogo mentality

1 Like

And FF14 dungeons have literally 0 difficulty you can 3 man it, you can do it without a tank, you can do it without a healer.

It has “increased toxicity” because keys can break if you fail, just run with friends or chill people?
e-sports designed - doesn’t mean you have to treat it as such.
gogogo mentality - I mean, you are being timed… Should we roleplay walk instead?

FF14 also has a bit of the “gogogo mentality” in the form of full pulls, you either full pull or you’re doing it wrong, a single pulling tank is a meme, that any good player doesn’t want to put up with, the hugbox will coddle them of course and say “Let them play how they want, stop being elitest!” but if a tank is only gonna single pull, you can replace him for a DPS, because you don’t need a Tank in the first place to beat a dungeon, the tank is there to make things go faster by surviving multiple mobs so everyone can AOE.

Fine with me, I can do extreme trials, savage raids, and maybe one day I’ll try ultimate raids to push my limits. I’d rather have wow for M+ and FF14 for better raid difficulties, not have ff14 be a wow copy. And single pulling in low level dungeons is acceptable btw.

I played ffix until wow in fact lol, glad I found wow. and I am not panda, I am pandaren sir.

Not really, only a select few dungeons want you to pull carefully and even then it’s a double pull at the least. Single pulls should never be done, not even in Sastasha.

Better raid difficulties? People have been asking for more midcore content in ff14 for years, all you have for midcore is Extreme and that’s 1 fight every 4-5 months.

For hard content you have Savage and Ultimate. Savage being only 4 bosses every 7-8 months but the first boss of the tier is basically an Extreme in difficult so “hard” only comes at 3 and Ultimate is lucky to get a new one every 2 years.

Everything below Extreme is a joke in difficulty.

your based on kung fu panda by design lol. Yes Pandaren existed in wc3, but they were skinnier and better. The wow pandaren came out after kung fu panda movie was a hit.

Maybe your right.

Maybe he belief is based on the reports that FFXIV PVE content is easier than WoW.

Maybe is because there may be no such thing as word first achievements in FFXIV so the community is not as competitive.

Maybe it is because supposedly FFXIV ban players who criticize the game.

Maybe you should make your OWN opinions instead of taking others for yourself.

If you want to know TRY FFXIV AND WoW THEN see which is better.

They don’t ban players who criticize the game, that’s false. They suspend and ban players who are being toxic after a full investigation.