Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

I only played in BFA, occurred in every zone I was in. (all but Mecha) Was not in Warmode. Did the World raid boss and it lagged close to 5 seconds while it doled out the drops to everyone.

3 Likes

I’ve tested turning in quests on an alt in WoD introductory content, and an alt in STV, as well as current BfA world quests. All have the same full stop hitch for a second after a turn in.

Tried turning on War Mode on my warrior and completed a quest in Tiragarde, same issue.

7 Likes

I haven’t tried anything outside of BFA zones so far (horde emissary in Zuldazar, alliance in Tiragarde Sound, Nazjatar for the weekly world boss). I don’t play with warmode on.

1 Like

It’s happening to me as well and I just started a fresh character. A dwarf hunter. It was doing it in the starting zone and is now/still happening in Dun Murogh so it’s not related to any specific areas. I have also had it happen once in a great while (very rare but it has happend) when I loot something. Otherwise it’s the same as others have said.

2 Likes

Exact same issue, game was perfectly smooth before the patch. Running no addons, reset settings, cleared cache/wtf folders. Game just freezes for 1 second whenever completing a WQ. (Ping/Connection is fine)

1060 3gb, i5 8400, 8gb RAM

9 Likes

I don’t think it has anything to do with what zone you are in or warmode. Game will dip from 60fps to 40ish and freeze with every quest turn in and lvl up. Happened to me in starter areas STV Outland and DK starter area so far. Everything was perfect before patch nothing has changed on my end.

4 Likes

It’s gamewide. Happened to me, asked all my b-tag friends who said yes, they lag with quest-turn-ins. Happens in every zone in all parts of the game, and even happens upon killing raid bosses and leveling up.

Also has nothing to do with my internet or network; it’s, indeed, more of the game locking up for a half-second rather than actual lag, so I could have worded that better. Also just tried in War Mode, but the same thing happens anyway.

8 Likes

Happening to me too, I have experienced it in Draenor and Pandaria both. Happens after certain monster kills especially, like rares.

3 Likes

Yeah, that may be because rare mob kills in WoD, Legion and BfA have hidden quest markers attached to them so you don’t get the same reward for killing them multiple times. It happens with raid bosses as well, so that’s likely the reason for that. Definitely something going on with quest turn-ins.

2 Likes

Yup, after beating Galleon earlier I used a coin to roll again and it took like 10 secs to complete, which is unusual.

Also… probably just coincidence but Microsuck released an emergency update today to Windows Defender.

1 Like

oh thank god its not just me, thought my stuff was dyin.

7 Likes

I’ve also been having this problem on multiple characters. A death knight questing with War Mode on in BfA zones, and a monk without war mode on just doing dungeon quests.

Terrible fix but I reinstalled and it fixed.

Been having the exact same issue as everyone here. Happens during turn-ins, and when an enemy dies. It doesn’t matter what zone I’m in either. I haven’t changed any settings in the game or my PC…this has only started today; I never had any issues before this patch.

1 Like

May as well add my 2 cents here. :slight_smile: Having same issue with lag when turning in quests, kill a rares in Naz and Mech.

1 Like

Yeah same issue here and all my guildies too

1 Like

Happening to me as well in BFA zones

Thanks for your reports and providing further details! We’ve had reports of this happening in different regions as well. I’ve added the details provided so far and tracking the issue! Hopefully, we’ll have more details here soon!

19 Likes

Yup, can I join in on this too, happening to me as well. Some of my UI is also messed up too. When I mouse over ? the pop-up is in the top right now, not right above.

1 Like

I’ve already mentioned this in the bugs forum, but I wanted to add that I was having the same issue in Northrend, Stormwind, and in Gilneas.

Edit: Also in Death Knight starting area

1 Like