Freezing in quest turn ins

Happening to me too

Happening to me as well.

Jumping on the bandwagon here. I thought maybe my drivers needed updating (My software usually tells me ahead tho) and a Google search brought me here.
Same issue. Momentary screen freeze at every quest turn in and during some varying character movements.

It’s been almost two weeks since this was posted, the fact that there’s been no blue post about it is astonishing at the very least. Still having the issue as well.

Adding to the chorus of people dealing with this.

Is where most action is…Even if no real action seems taken to fix that…

I am having same issues… I tried updating my GPU driver… I also deleted the cache,interface and wtf folders… I am running no addons… and still getting now a smaller glitch… maybe a 1/2 second freeze compared to a 1-2 second freeze… I run a i5-4690K with 16g ram Nvidia 1050 ti gpu… updated to somewhat latest driver since the nvidia site shows an error for my latest driver. I also use DDU when i update drivers.

I’m having the same problem.

Getting this issue as well, really frustrating at this point. Surely something is going to be done about this, right?

This has been a thing for like 2 weeks now with little response from Blizzard, is this being worked on at all? This is a big issue, why is it not a priority?

1 Like

Also having this issue, only on retail. Like others I have tried without addons, clearing cache, nothing has worked. Hoping there will be a fix soon.

Having the same issues i can confirm every single fix Blizzard suggests does not work i bought a brand new 440gig SSD and did a fresh install of wow have no addons running not single thing that is not stock standard and it still happens

as a caveat classic doesn’t have a single issue what so ever

I’ll remind folks again that there is a temporary fix for this issue while Blizzard addresses it. You will not get banned for using this fix.

1. Go to your World of Warcraft install directory.
  2. Go into the retail folder, then go into the logs folder.
  3. R-click the hotfix.txt file and select properties.
  4. Under the security tab click edit permissions and change the permissions of everybody to deny access.
  5. Once done launch the game using the wow.exe file, enter your login details and play without freezing.

Note that you will need to repeat steps 3 to 5 every time the game updates or if you try to launch the game through the launcher.

When Blizzard fixes the issue completely, all you’ll need to do is launch the game through the launcher to undo the changes you made to the hotfix file and you’ll be good to go.

Or… instead of messing with permissions, set Hotfix.log and Tooltip.log to “read only”, and launch the game through the .exe in the “retail” folder. (as mentioned above).

If you start the game through the Bnet launcher, these changes will be reverted (again,as mentioned by Carhagen).

2 Likes

This happens to me as well. I don’t feel I should have to screw around with files in the wow directory for this to be fixed.

1 Like

Yeah, messing with the files is bad but also giving your gpu and cpu a full load everytime you complete a quest is bad also…very bad…a temporary user fix isnt bad at all, like it states in upper posts just start it up from the launcher when they DO decide to fix it.

Still having the lag issue on quest turn-ins etc etc … have been for 2 weeks now, ETA on fix and where is a blue update for today?

I spend money with Blizzard way beyond the subscription cost to help support the game because the servers use to run extremely well so it was well worth it to me, what happened?

Still having the same issue. The lag spike does seem to be slightly reduced, only lasting for maybe half a second to a second instead of the 2 seconds I was getting previously, but it’s still very annoying and inconvinient.
Considering I’m only levelling alts atm, having interruptions to quest turn ins is very frustrating.

Can’t believe that this is not fixed yet. I logged today and anything I looted I froze. I did the hotfix.log to read only and launched the game in the retail folder thing and it works… at least I can play, but this needs to be fixed soon.