Korthia gear upgrades to 226 only when you reach Rank 6?

Players can’t upgrade honor gear to past 216 until august 10th either. So anyone that wants to catch up to players who pushed last season literally has no pvp path to do so. This dev team is great :clown_face:

2 Likes

It does seem really odd that it goes from 220 cap right to 233.
226 at tier 5 research would make more sense as a logical progression of the upgrades.
Don’t know why people are so hung up on “casuals” or whatever when the OP just pointed out an oddity in the upgrade progression.

5 Likes

Can’t have us having even those unranked pvp trinkets matching our korthia gear.

Did know this till I hit up the vendor. You’ve got pvp upgrade unlock. Cool.

So I go there. take my saved up honor. Get the unranked cc breaker to 203. That it?

Yep…that’s it. Wasn’t looking to take someone’s raid spot. Lfr hero…I always get my spot. And the next player gets theirs next raid 25.

Lots of 213’s to now include weapons. Neck and trinks evade me however.

1 Like

In recent years, Blizzard has consistently restricted open-world gear to a fairly low ilvl. They are designed as catchups and a way for more casual players to get gear that’s somewhat up to par winot to compete with more difficult content.

For example, in 9.0, Covenant gear, gear purchased with Honor, and WQ gear were all pretty low ilvl and could only be acquired at an item level of around 200 (on par with Normal difficulty raid loot) later in the tier when you reached higher levels of Renown.

If you just now noticed this then you haven’t been paying attention.

1 Like

Holy $h*t you said it sister. I was soooooo aggravated earlier when I realized I couldn’t upgrade past 220.

I made a thread on this exact issue earlier but the usual suspects came out of the woodwork, proceeded to completely ignore my complaint and busied themselves setting up strawman arguments to “win” against and pat themselves on the back for it. Kinda sad how blinkered people are to legitimate issues with the game. Especially when it’s blatantly obvious to any reasonable person that rank 5 should unlock at tier 5 and not tier 6 CR.

Had to bail on my thread since all I was doing was feeding trolls.

4 Likes

The upgrade to 226 should 100% be allowed at Tier 5. But Blizzard needs to keep you online longer so their quarterly meetings sound nice.

6 Likes

This guy gets it, worst catch up gear ever.

3 Likes

I’m Rank 5. It’s definitely Rank 6 to buy.

you are hilarious by the way. vast majority of people agree, but keep on rocking to that “casual” mentality of yours. You still did not get the whole point of the argument

2 Likes

I mean, same with Renown and honor gear.

216 ilvl in PvP until Renown 57.

That’s august to get over 216 ilvl in PvP.

2 Likes

It is a joke. 226 pvp gear is now from 1400 rated pvp right?

As soon as I read that rank 6 was 226 i d/e all that garbage gear.

Takes way too long to get for a garbage item level, uselses.

2 Likes

OMG, Im frikken Angry with this now worthless upgrade what the frick??? The time invested is a joke frick that, Im closing my account LOL hear i come

Any gear vendor upgrades that don’t let you upgrade to close to max iLVL are useless, because by the time you can upgrade and have the rep and currency it’s too late.

I am still not yet able to upgrade past like rank 4, and that is worse than what my iLVL was in season 1, and currently all but 2 pieces of my gear are at or better than 233. It would only work if and only if you could upgrade fast enough, but they limit you so much that by the time you can do it, you don’t even need it.

2 Likes

Rank 6 to get 226 gear is stupid, but this is normal for Blizzard…making stupid games now.

5 Likes

And why would you be stupid enough to think the korthia gear is aimed at a person doing mythic plus and raiding. This gear was never meant to be a long term goal for any buddy that activily plays the end game content of raid pvp or plus, its meant for people that don’t want to do any of that

4 Likes

This game is dead

Technically the gear is aimed at no one and is nothing but a time sink. Even a casual person aiming to get 233 gear from Korthia is going to take a long time to get the rep and currency needed that it just won’t be worth it for some.

I raid and do M+, but I’ve also been down in Korthia every day since the patch released because I know eventually the sockets will become useful, but I am still not past tier 4 rep. Will a casual be down there every day farming all quests and rares enough to even get to a high enough tier to make use of the upgrades? Will they have enough currency at that point? I doubt it because you need to not only do all the quests, but you need to basically farm every rare and than the purple mobs, collect every chest you can for your daily allotment and so on.

4 Likes

Yea they prolly will since korthia is the only main content of shadowlands currently outside of raid, pvp, and plus for causals to do in the open world, so yea the 233 gear that you can eventually upgrade is def something casuals will chase, esp since it requires absolutely no group or challenging content to get.

And how is gear that goes to max normal raid gear for only killing rares and farming chest and doing 15 minutes of dailies not aimed at the more casual player?

I also do my korthia dailies everyday and I’m 3k from rank 5, if I wanted to I could spend more time killing rares and stuff but I dont care enough for just sockets, a dh in my raid group hit rank 6 2 days ago so its alright possible to be rank 6

There is still the four main zones and WQ’s that can be done, plus the content that was added to the Maw, there is no only Kothia.

I have 3 alts that are the very definition of casual, 2 of them are not even tier 2 with the new rep yet. Any person who is truly a casual player may never even get high enough in rep or enough currency to make any real use of the gear that can be upgraded, not to mention it’s RNG to get in the first place.

And if anyone does get to tier 6 and gets a full set of gear they can upgrade, yeh I wouldn’t be calling them casual.

2 Likes