Korthia gear upgrades to 226 only when you reach Rank 6?

I’m sort of the target audience, my main will be using this to gear up (when I eventually reach tier 6 reasearch; only just hit tier 5 yesterday so probably another month or so to go). My alts however have their time spread too thin to ever get their research that high. But gearing them isn’t really a goal, just something that hopefully happens along the way.

2 Likes

TLDR: These rep restrictions are idiotic, the devs have catered solely to the tryhards again, looks like it’s back to FFXIV until 9.2
I agree 100%. There is no reason rank 5 doesn’t allow the rank 5 upgrade. And the super slow RNG rep gain is a complete poke in the eye to casuals. I’m super casual, only halfway to rank 5 rep because I can’t play every day even though I spend all my play time trying to advance my main. At this rate I won’t hit rank 6 until October and that’s without doing any alt activities at all. And based upon everything else that’s wrong with this expac I don’t think I can wait that long. 233 is more than likely my ceiling, and having it take 3+ months just to get a single toon to that point means that alts are completely not worth even trying to progress. In Legion and BfA I could easily run all the casual content (mostly emmisaries WQ and visions) on 3-4 toons everyday (45-60 mins) while in SL that same time barely averages me 500 archive rep. It’s about frakking time for Daddy Blizz to stop catering to the tryhards who can’t control themselves and burnout when casual content isn’t timegated forever. I’m NEVER going to complain or quit when I can hit my casual ceiling sooner, I have 11 other alts I’d love to push. I AM going to swap back to FFXIV, paying actual money to SE instead of free WoW, until I see if they drop a 9.1.5 patch and remove these stupid restrictions. Otherwise it’s depends on what they do for 9.2. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

What he’s saying is that BECAUSE of the timegating, there is no reason to have the rank 5 step. It should just go from 220 to 233, because that’s what people will do since you get acess to both at the same time. And for most casuals allowing the rank 5 when you hit step 5 rep is plenty of timegating. All I have done since 9.1 dropped is the campaign quests and the Korthia dailies and I won’t hit rank 5 for 2 more weeks. The only people who could possibly be affected by allowing step 5 earlier are people who aren’t casuals and are probably already at or above ilevel 226. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Part of the reason I quit… I’m tired of this treadmill much faster than I ever have in the past.

It would be more tolerable if the upgrade was unlocked account wide. I tried taking alts through Korthia but it’s so GD boring and dull that I gave up after a week. I mean, I gave up with my main now, too, but you know what I mean. I’d be okay with upgrading alts if I could do it without worrying about yet. another. gate.

This game has just become World of Gatecraft.

1 Like

Korthia gear is the direct replacement of Covenant gear. Covenant gear was 197, which was directly under Normal Castle Nathria.

Korthia gear is actually even better because you can eventually get 233, which is above Normal Sanctum of Domination. You honestly have zero reason to complain. All we kept hearing in 9.0 was how casuals have no gear progression. Well here it is. You can now be ahead of normal raid drops.

Korthia gear is for alts and players who don’t want to M+ or Raid. It is not meant to gear you to the top. The rep/codex restrictions are in place so you can’t get ahead of players who are actually pushing and progressing in end game content.

3 Likes

The reason for it is to give more casual players a sense of progression that ended too early in 9.0.

1 Like

He’s saying, they may as well just charge 5k research for the rank 6. Honestly we should be grinding rank 5 right now. Why the 4 week delay between rank 4 and rank 5 and six.

1 Like

/10characters

Still, rank 5 is redundant. They could have just made it 5 ranks instead of 6 and gated it until the endgamers had access.

2 Likes

Rank 5, Rank 6… it doesn’t even matter. Did no one notice it also has a Renown time gate? Rank 5 gear requires renown 61 which is still two weeks away. Rank 6 requires renown 75 which is nearly two months away. Grind all you want, it won’t get you ANY of those gear upgrades until long after they have been rendered obsolete.

6 Likes

I agree with the OP. It seems like a mistake that R5 upgrades aren’t available at Codex Tier 5.

By the time we get to T6 of the Codex we’ll have enough research to completely bypass R5 upgrades if you even need them by then.

2 Likes
1 Like

Nice. Maybe of the endgame content was engaging enough, they wouldn’t have to worry about players doing easier content for the gear instead of endgame. It speaks volumes about endgame content, imo.

1 Like

Why the rush? We’ll be lucky to see 9.2 this year…

1 Like

It isn’t great since you are still 20% dps and survivability behind (according to Ion). You are more like 60% behind. Sims for me in 233 vs 252 are 7.5k and 12k.

It definitely could be better, but it’s better than the covenant gear and covers more slots. Ultimately I think blizzards focus on the “three pillars” of end game is bad for the game in the long run and needs a change in philosophy. But I don’t see that happening.

2 Likes

I don’t think there should be a gear gap and that there shouldn’t be as much inflation each tier. Extra mechanics and tighter dps/healing checks can be the difficulty increase without extreme power inflation. I know that probably isn’t a popular opinion, but if there is a gap it should be minimal.

4 Likes

This only let’s you buy upgrade to socket items, and buy random conduits. It Say nothing about ilvl gear upgrades account wide.

1 Like

rank 6 + 61 and 72 renown level :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: