Korthia gear upgrades to 226 only when you reach Rank 6?

Is this a practical joke? It makes no sense. By the time you reach Rank 6, early August for most people, the upgrade to 226 is totally irrelevant. Come on Blizzard, this should have been enabled at Rank 5 already. Is not as if 226 gear are overpowered or anything.

93 Likes

100% agree. Its too easy to get 233 gear. I barely play and i have a few pieces already. And i am about to get a 252 off the vault tuesday.

7 Likes

How will it suddenly be irrelevant?

2 Likes

I mean, I am by no means hardcore not a slack either, I do the dailies kill at least 80% of the rares, farm all treasures (rift ones too), kill any purple mobs i find along the way and I only hit Rank 5 today. I can’t imagine doing this with an alt as well. We should be able to get the 226’s already. If an alt did all this farming, well they definitely deserve the gear for their time

2 Likes

What? I thought it upgraded much more than 226 at rank 6?

At Rank 6 you get both upgrades to 226 and 233.

4 Likes

Here’s the breakdown. And you still didn’t answer my question as to how it’s irrelevant. It’s catch up gear and a gearing path for those who don’t do group content. That’s not “irrelevant.”

12 Likes

It does, it goes to 233, my argument is why would they not have 226 open at Rank 5, what’s the point having both open at Rank 6, when you will just go straight up from 200 to 233 in one go

10 Likes

Because 226 is Normal raid ilevel and that’s something they expect to take time to get if you’re not running raids. They don’t want people decked out in Normal raid ilevel right now.

6 Likes

It’s good for slowpokes like me :smiley:.

1 Like

Check again. To get the item that upgrades gear from 220 to 226, needs that you have reached Rank 6 with Archivist’s Codex, aka the same moment you are buying the item that lets you upgrade gear from 226 to 233.

2 Likes

… and?

There’s nothing to “check again.” I gave you the breakdown of how much each rank costs. Do you understand that part of things? Do you understand the time gate is on purpose, because of the ilevel it gives?

2 Likes

It’s only irrelevant for people that raid/pvp/m+. For people that don’t do instanced content it’s great. It’s a better version of covenant gear. I’m exited I’ll be able to get full 233, minus one trinket, without stepping foot in an instance. But you’re right in that you should be able to unlock rank 5 upgrades at tier 5 rep, and then unlock rank 6 upgrades at tier 6 rep. Having them both behind tier 6 rep is lame. Now if I can just get the 233 trinket from the new world boss to drop I will be set.

15 Likes

I liked my set bonus better than this, honestly. I think the upgrade path should’ve been a bit longer and a bit higher and continued on into 9.1, instead of making my awesome set bonus obsolete so quickly. But… it is what it is. This is still a nice gearing system for those that either need to catch up or don’t do group content.

5 Likes

I am not sure if you are trolling or not, I didn’t ask for a breakdown. The argument was that you upgrade from 220 to 233 at the same exact moment, effectively skipping 226 altogether unless you run out of research. No point discussing this any further with you. have a nice day

4 Likes

biggest lie in the world. Tokens will be always 200 ilvl, so even for alts you will need farm thousands of research doing korthia rare farm run on every alt every day.

Absolute state of the game

24 Likes

I’m taking this patch casually too, the alchemist trinket is an alright 230 option for us casuals :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

… giving you information isn’t trolling. :roll_eyes:

And how, pray tell, are you skipping anything? You have to have the research to up grade to each rank. Thus, why you were shown the breakdown.

Gear that is easy to obtain out in the world without group content at the beginning of an expansion. It’s not a lie. Try again.

1 Like

I’m assuming you need alchemy for it? I already maxed skinning and leather working.

If it’s irrelevant guess what? It’s not for you.

It’s gear for people who don’t raid. Also it upgrades to 233.

5 Likes