For the most part, Pro/Anti LFD folks are equally right

Absolutely. I’ve said several times how I’ve changed my mind on the subject. Apparently being open minded and willing to listen to all sides of a topic is now considered a negative?

Which, by the way is why authenticity should always be the guiding principle. Not trying to ‘sense’ what players want. Authenticity is set in stone.

4 Likes

why would you claim that it’s never going to happen?

so you should just answer the question.

Yeah, it’s another thread of pure passion and going at each other instead of respect LOL. This is funny because your thread was pretty much trying to say be respectful of each other… but that’s not going to happen. Got to play politics and pick sides that aren’t even horde vs alliance.

I’m going to go back to staying out of this topic unless it finds its way into other irrelevant threads. Good try though Xanthak.

1 Like

Please quote where I attached a negative connotation to that, I’ll wait.

The point I’m bringing up is that Blizzard goes to their forums, sees you criticizing LFD, so they remove it. How is that Blizzard not “understand what the players want” like you accuse them of here?

Sure… why not.

It’s really a class thing isn’t it? Some folks have a hard time finding a groups I guess. I personally don’t see a difference unless you are talking about mid level dungeons. It’s easy to find a quick group for early dungeons and the current expansion’s dungeons. LFD for 25-60(70inc) don’t have a downside. Otherwise I agree that LFG is better for the social side. I found my pre-wrath guild that way.

You can go back to the day this forum opened when I was posting on Mogar. From day one I said just be authentic. That’s it. Make the game like it was. That’s all Blizz had to do.

So you can spin it all you want. That’s always been my stance. So yes, Blizz doesn’t know what the players want. Hence…just rerelease it like it was. Because in the broad sense all players want is to play the old game that no longer exists.

Nitpicking and adjusting every little variable and system is a recipe for disaster. Trying to make an ‘improved version’ that will please players is an exercise in futility.

I believed that years ago. Classic and TBCC have proven it to be correct. As will Wrath Classic.

2 Likes

Cool, it looks like that you have been deceived about the LFD matter, i’m not sure who told you what, but it seems that you was never here in wotlk when LFG came out, at least i’m now sure that you’re not one of those trolls or gold sellers who fight against dungeon finder to get irl benefits via RMT.

you might not believe my words now But you will love the dungeon finder when it arrives in wotlk :yellow_heart:

It’s impossible. No matter how “authentic” the game is it will never be the same because of the time that has passed. We need to let that go already.

No, it’s the players that do not know what they want themselves. Blizzard can’t know what the players want if the players themselves do not know what they want.

Except many people still played both Classic and TBCC, including you. And, I think it’s fair to assume, many will play Wrath as well, even without LFD.

At what point did I ever say I was against LFD?

At what point did you think I did not play back in original Wrath?

You come up with some odd hypothetical scenario that has nothing to do with what I said. Demanded I answer, and then made a lot of assumptions about me.

I feel like saying four times now the fact players don’t know what they want means Blizz should just make the game authentic is enough.

You just want to argue, so kindly direct yourself to the nearest wall.

1 Like

Did you not read the part where I said authenticity is impossible?

I’m confused. So you want to continue the discussion or not?

You are replying to someone who literally just goes around saying anyone who doesn’t support LFD must be a gold seller.

There’s a lot of stupidity on both sides of the argument and its best to ignore the repeat offenders.

Even if you go for purely “authentic” you will have disagreements on what that means. One side will say that it means you don’t put LFD in until ICC phase. Others will say we would be on 3.3 patch from the start therefore its authentic to have dungeon finder immediately. Even more will simply leave it at “WotLK had dungeon finder therefore we need it” and refuse to elaborate further.

my bad if i thought that you’re anti-lfd, i admit i’m at fault if i expect that not siding with LFD-lovers means being anti of it. sorry about that.

then i thought that you never played original Wotlk at ~2009 because i I’ve seen millions of people back then being in love with LFD when it was added, including all type of players, So the current anti-lfd probably never played original wotlk.

Why do people say this? You won’t wait. If he decided to ignore you instead of responding you’d just keep waiting? Don’t lie.

Since he responded again without pointing out how I gave it a negative connotation, I take that as a concession of his point. So no, no more waiting needed.

o dude, you pour fuel to the fire…

One thing that is true is that community behaviors will keep or kill the mood in this game, or any MMO. The humble joys of Classic WoW don’t exist anymore, primarily because of inflated predatory behaviors.

I’ve defended this hot take on gatekeeping discussions here as well as on the GW2 forums which also struggle with gatekeeping communities. Forced constraints that put control out of the players hands are a good thing for humbling people’s expecations and flattening out relationships. Yes you may end up with a trash group and spend 15 more minutes than you want, but you also have the chance of ending up with a very enriching/funny/educating experience that you wouldn’t have had if you were doing your whole “LF2M 300+gearscore tank, X achievement required” bit.

Learn to not treat your time so personally. That’s exactly how modern WoW became the disappointing stepchild that it is today.

Said it once, I’ll say it again. Who, in the new meta minmax world, is going to be like “oh, you know what? I’ll cripple my leveling speed/reward speed” and not queue up if it’s in the game? I don’t care either way and won’t quit regardless of it not being in the game or not, but your argument is bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.