Jesus Man, if your hp is lower than 35k hp, don't play EBG!

I don’t know why many players don’t understand 9.1 is the land of 40k to 70k players now and we still have people with item level 190 to 200 queued up for EBG. Just lost an AV because half of the team players’ hp didn’t exceed 35k hp. Our top player with highest kill was 3 kills vs. their 45 kills.

Please don’t tell me that those people “want to take the greavy train that they think those top PVP players will carry them to victory so they can get Conquest and Honor points”. Why don’t they do dungeons and get the gear to item level 220. Having low level gear now doesn’t really help a team win, at least.

9 Likes

It sucks that it’s come to this, but it’s true. Gotta get honor to get the entry level gear, but you can’t compete because you don’t have entry level gear.

Or you go do PVE stuff which takes forever unless you have friends to carry you and after you finally do you’re still not in proper pvp gear.

Maybe they’ll listen to the 2947927497 threads in the PTR forum about this. Probably not, but maybe

48 Likes

I’m a pvper, I’ve pvped since BC when I first started as I leveled through contested zones and all through Legion. I don’t want to PvE to get gear. I want to PvP. I don’t queue up for anything because I know getting entry level gear is going to feel like pulling teeth.

33 Likes

To be fair if you have 35k HP you should only be Queing Epic BGs. At least you can make a difference and help some with objectives. Where in regular BGs you can’t. However this is a Blizz problem not a player issue. If they want to be Elitist and gate keep gear this is just how it’s going to be.

36 Likes

It’s hilarious that almost every toon replying to this, including the OP, is a low level alt.

An illusion…what are you hiding?

7 Likes

At THIS stage people would be better off going for Korthia. It used to be that Honor gear was the fastest TO get gear as a casual. But since 9.1.5 is still a good bit away(and 75R is next week), you can get 233 if you’ve kept up with Korthia the whole time. I would suggest that’s what the casuals should be doing.

1 Like

I join an EBG and play objectives or focus on CC. Sitting cannons in WG, for example. I’ll top damage while being 50 ilvls lower than you. Git rekt, pleb.

5 Likes

I think Epic BG is the place for lower ilvl players. Like Hercx said. you can still do plenty of work with low gear when you’re riding a tank or operating a cannon.

Sometimes you’ll get unlucky, and you’ll end up in a team where nobody has any gear, but it’s the exception. Most of the time, I find that epic bgs are mostly fair when it comes to ilvl.

But random 10 player bgs, yeah… It’s rough when you end up with several players under like 30k! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s not about expecting to be carried. It’s just accepting blizzards poor design and wanting to do pvp. I’m not doing pve so I can do pvp. I don’t mind it on my main because I like to do all content. I’m burnt out on my main and pve so I’m going to do some pvp on my alt.

Don’t blame the players, blame the devs.

21 Likes

Translation: “I wish all these other people in the game would just quit.”

10 Likes

f your HP is 35k ONLY PLAY EPIC BGS. Stay with your team all times, if there is a vehicle, go inside it and use it. CC if you can. Way more fun to gear up in epic bgs than randoms bgs or even arena.
Randoms arent even meant to be taken seriously at all.

8 Likes

Dont Blame the player, but blame the system.

They need honor.
at HC dungeon and LFR its adds ilv Req but not at pvp content.
And majority geared conquest player dont Que Random BG or Epic BG.
The reason is
I dont need Honor
That content suck even 45k hp 65k will eazy reck u.
Not Enjoyable Content.

The SYSTEM IS FAIL.

18 Likes

Gatekeeping Epics… oof

9 Likes

Since when are epic bgs pvp? Its a playground for carebears to try out their m+ purchased gear. Next!

5 Likes

the amount of undergeared horde queueing for a ‘free win’ is mildly entertaining

2 Likes

How dare people play the game they pay for…

Your highest geared toon is 225 ilvl–you’re as much of a burden to your team as a 35k HP player in that gear. More so if the 35k player is high XP and uses his toon better than you use yours. Why try to boycott him from playing, when you’re getting carried yourself?

8 Likes

RBG’s is entry level stuff, sorry.

Duungeons can only get a player to ilvl 196, not 220. Even M0’s is 210. Not to mentioned on the pve side, there are also people saying don’t queue up for this 0/+2 if you aren’t 240 ilvl aotc with at least 5 mythic kills.

I’d be with you on them farming korthia but I’ve been there and I’d rather file my eyelids with sandpaper than try to fully gear an alt using it.

7 Likes

Just got out a victory in AV mercing Alliance. In that game, we had a 17k rogue.

How could it be possible to only have 17k hp??? I checked her armor and it was all BfA armor (level 85 to 95). But if she did do the leveling from 50 to 60 in Shadowlands, she must have gotten some SL armor (level 120 and above) while leveling, right? Well, I guess she used bot to level and once she got to level 60, she wanted to taste how PVP was like.

We won by attrition and final score was 257-0, that rogue had 51 deaths and only did 6930 damage the entire the game.

I am pretty sure this rogue is welcomed in EBG, RBG and Arena. Well, she paid the money to play. Top PVP players should not have opinion if they are teamed with her. Right? If the formed team kept on losing while she was being one-shot or two-shot, top PVP players would still be okay because she paid the monthly fee. Right?

What a lucky player, got a victory while “not” contributing much.

If level doesn’t matter, why don’t you go team up with a low-gear player and play some arena and see how it goes.

Update: By the way, in that match, I saw a scene that 3 players of 22k, 25k and 28k attacked a Ret Paladin with 70k hp and they were melted under 7 seconds. I mean, killing 3 players within 7 seconds? How would it be possible???

no make me.

2 Likes

What’s even the point of that comment? You’re literally here trying to ostracize people for being slightly worse geared than you are, in 40v40 random BGs, and instead of realizing you’re being goofy you come back with ‘how about you run arena with 35k players!?’ Lol

Not that it’s at all relevant, but since it’s where you chose to move the goal post, I’ve got to 1600 5 or 6 times this season with sub 40k toons before getting better gear on them and pushing further. Still not sure how that would or wouldn’t make your desire to boycott people from playing the game they pay for any more or less ridiculous.

It’s random content. If you want to control who you play with? Queue rated.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256989

5 Likes