I've Realized that What Makes MMOs FUN is NOT Playing with Other People

I also see nothing wrong with expanding on Follower dungeons into Heroic and Mythic as that will benefit the player base more. It also could help players get into M+ if they so choose.

At the end of the day there are a lot of positives by expanding this format and Delves as well.

1 Like

You know they have good single player games, right?

People whined for it.

No there is a market for millions of players they are going to tap into. Specifically the ARPG market.

Yea but I want an adventure in an MMO. Just because I love Solo adventures doesn’t mean it removes any MMO aspects of the game.

2 Likes

Nah, people came to the largest MMO in the world ((at one time)) and started crying for single player content (which there was) but it wasn’t enough so they cried more, and now we have delves.

In short, IMO, coming to an MMO for single player content is just selfish & that view won’t change.

It seems you can’t see opportunity for individual players. Look harder - push yourself.

Incorrect, I see the opportunity for team work instead of selfishness.

It’s this attitude that makes us not want to play with you. We aren’t the selfish ones.

The model for MMO’s is outdated. That market isn’t here anymore. People don’t want to have Raid schedules anymore or group obligations on their calendar. The next big MMO won’t focus on Raiding/Dungeons. Will WoW catch on and innovate to give us the next big thing? Solo MMO content is a massive step in that direction and then focusing on the open world.

1 Like

Then why are you here? This games gives the best loot via teamwork which is something you don’t seem to be keen on ever doing. I might be wrong, but that is how you are coming across.

Edit - You bore me, I’m done here. I’m going to go game with people who enjoy having me around & doing teamwork activities.

so ITS EITHER you RUN DUNGEONS AND PEOPLE are mean OR YOU RUN DUNGEONS and NO ONE SAYS anything.

Which?

I agree, completely.

No. I think that playing an MMORPG as a solo player and expecting max progression via solo means is the wrong way to play the game.

Let’s not. I know what it is.

Refer to the guy I was responding to who thinks that it makes sense that solo players have access to mythic raid gear without raiding mythic, or at all.

Touching, but irrelevant.

Fine with me. As long as everyone understands they’re playing an MMORPG and that Blizzard leaning into this solo player mindset is going to do a lot more harm than good to traditional players.

If that’s the direction they go, okay. Well, I had a great time while it lasted. Fortunately, it seems that isn’t the direction they’re going. I think that people will largely be satisfied with progressing via delves in the great vault if they’re adverse to group content.

Lmao sounds like you need a safe place. Grow up

[quote=“Dorfpriest-living-flame, post:644, topic:1933210”]
Refer to the guy I was responding to who thinks that it makes sense that solo players have access to mythic raid gear without raiding mythic, or at all.
[/quote].
Best loot? Did someone say they wanted best loot for Solo content because it’s hard to keep track between the breaks and while I am work and how fast this thread blew up at the most LFR equivalent but I agree not the best gear that’s M+ and Heroic Raid. If people have suggested this I understand why people are upset. Group content will always be harder because humans are more dynamic and unpredictable making encounters harder. LFR is high but I feel is a good spot for people who do finally want to branch out to doing group content.

Yes. I’m quite happy for solo players to get a means of progression as long as it is line with solo play because that in turns gives me things to do when not doing M+/raid.

1 Like

To play the new Solo content and hopefully new versions of MMO’s.

The WoW model is antiquated (facts) the next big MMO won’t be like WoW. So WoW has a choice innovate first or don’t and let someone else do it. There is a reason why the MMO genre is dying it’s because it’s been the same stale thing for 2 decades. Time for change.

I know change is scary but it’s time to move on.

1 Like

I agree full heartedly, I feel the same way and I am also hoping guilds get an update/UI overhaul eventually. While I do agree guilds do live and die by there own merits but I also think some new content (New as in not just more raids and stuff or more of the same) for guilds would be really nice. I have ideas for both PvP and PvE but that’s off topic lol.

1 Like

there is less of a market for follower dungeons than you make it sound to be and needs to understand its cake wake and doesn’t challenge the player enough to warrant a higher reward. if you want higher rewards do harder content (delves, M+, Raids)… this is an mmo… .stop trying to make it only an arpg

and yes its selfish of the player to demand solo content when the game is really based around the fact you should be interacting with other players. If you want solo games there are PLENTY of arpg’s out there were you don’t have to worry about other players.

1 Like

Self reliance is not selfish. Its a good thing.

2 Likes

You can be self-reliant and still do teamwork.

Those are not facts, that is your view, large difference.