I've done it. I've beaten World of Warcraft

Congrats, hopefully it will drop for my orc warrior soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

after killing garrosh when current and farming him via mythic cutting edge and then going back over and over and over on multiple accounts and boat loads of plate wearers i have them to.

i went in 1 off day on my rogue cause i wanted that skullmask for a new mog set i was making for him and low and behold, the tusks of mannoroth drop for him. now they are in his bank and have been for over 8 years collecting dust. and i still never got them to drop on a plate wearer where i can actually have them collected as mog.

blizzard really gotta change this stuff. if it drops especially in legacy it can be right clicked and learned no matter if equippable. its 2023.

1 Like

As a hardcore collector, I’d say 99% of the time, that’s true.

There have been TONS of items that, once they finally dropped, there truly was NO sense of happiness, no sense of satisfaction, no sense of accomplishment.

It was just “this thing that should have dropped MONTHS ago … finally dropped.” It feels more like FRUSTRATION, even though you actually have the item. Like… the frustration comes, as a reminder of how much time you wasted trying to get it.

Being able to set a goal, and achieve that goal… FEELS AMAZING. Just endlessly rolling the RNG dice, even when it finally comes up … doesn’t feel good. “I rolled a 1, I rolled a three, I rolled a 1, I rolled a 4, I rolled a 1, oh… I rolled a six finally… meh.” That’s how MOST of WoW feels. Just… empty and unfulfilling.

Tusks were a bit different. Not even because it took so few runs, but because I actually WANTED this item from the moment it was put in the game. Most other collectibles are just +1, I mean… whooppeeee another horse mount.

Like I said in my OP: this is THE end-all, be-all of shoulder xmog for me.

I’m still all giggly about it, we did an old raid for funsies last night (Crucible) and everyone in the guild was like “hey hey I heard about Tusks… LET’S SEE IT!!!” It’s still very much in the christmas morning stage. It’s SOOOOO great!!! XD

Congrats OP!!

1 Like

Looks good on you… reeeaaallly good… :smirk:

1 Like

As a fellow collector im 100% with you

Seems like the tusks were your golden goose, being the one item you wantted and made you happy getting. I know if i get a few items that will be like for me. Sadly if they take years like some items it will go from “yay” to “about f-ing time”

1 Like

Your mog looks great. I even like the glasses because they bring it together.

Usually the glasses make the characters look nuts. Yours don’t though.

Good job.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’ll get tired of them. At least you didn’t get into a bidding war over it that one week the BMAH had them up.

1 Like

Okay, first of all, I hate you.

2 Likes

omg can i have some?

Still more that this game has to offer. It just needs a fix in the Middle and the start for leveling up and making the game experience more fun.

ROFL! I remember that!

Everyone in my guild knows how much I’ve wanted Tusks, and everyone kept asking if I was going to bid.

But I have strict limit of 100k for the BMAH. And although it was up like SIX times in a row, the lowest it ever went for was just over 1M. (iirc the first one went for well over 3M)

Which is arguably still cheap, because that was BEFORE THE SKIP. So you could have EASILY earned more than 1M in the time it would take you to farm Tusks.

But … nope. Never more than 100k for me.

That decision paid off. :wink:

Because I’m human, I have to assume that’s true.

But I may not.

There’s a major difference between “oh, cool armor bro, ya I really like this.”, and:

This is a piece of the HISTORY of Warcraft. I remember playing Warcraft 3 RTS when I was little, and my attachment to the Orcs, and how much the moment affected me when Grom sacrificed himself to kill Mannoroth and free the Orcs. ALL of the Orcs.

I remember those first days logging into World of Warcraft, and being immersed IN THAT WORLD I had played as “just another map” in W3. To see an Alter of Storms FULLY REALIZED!!! And when walking through the original Orgrimmar, SEEING that head of Mannoroth and the plaque Thrall put to commemorate that moment and for it to remember Grom.

There’s a moment after leveling in Durotar when most people went West into the Barrens. I went North into Ashenvale. And I remember moving forward down this creepy trench, a demon filled path that … like really REALLY reminded me of that scene from W3. And sure enough… I came upon a shrine, and it was the dedication to Grom, the ACTUAL SITE WHERE IT HAPPENED!!!

This was before it was made into a holiday. I felt like I had found a real secret out in the world. That was one of those truly awe inspiring moments that made Vanilla.

And then when the conclusion of MoP was announced, and I learned we could actually WEAR this piece of Warcraft HISTORY on our character!!! This thing that DEFINES what it means to be an Orc … and after TEN YEARS of wanting this item…

IT’S MINE!!!

It will take AAAAAAA LLLLOOOOTTTTTTTTT to get bored of this, most iconic, piece of armor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had to come back today and stare a bit at that mog! So good!

1 Like

110% with you.

bliz should allow past expansion items to be tradeable between accounts or make transmogs unlocks be able to get with any class, even if they can equip the item

1 Like

Congrats champ.

1 Like

What’s going on in Eastern Plaguelands today?

6 Likes

Scholo?

I don’t understand why this particular blue post is in this thread… lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not to mention he bumped your thread 4 days later too

3 Likes

There’s no way this was an accident :eyes:

What is going on in EPL today? Forumites, assemble!

5 Likes