I've done it. I've beaten World of Warcraft

This may seem trivial or mundane to many. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure… all of that.

But I just hit “loot” … and saw the words:

TUSKS OF MANNOROTH fill my screen.

And I did it in … about 100 kills? Right around that many. I never put too much effort into it, because I just never had time to slog all the way through SoO on a regular basis. And now with the skip, I’ve been MEANING to start farming it, but was busy with Naxx/Scholo stuff. But I’ve pushed 1-2 alts per week, if I could.

I didn’t feel like pushing M+ tonight so … what the heck, let’s give it a shot.

OMG OMG OMG I am *** SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW ***

As an Orc, this is THE end-all, be-all for xmog for me. This is it, this is EVERYTHING for me in WoW.

I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!!! :slight_smile:

To all my other Orc brothers and sisters and those still farming-- keep it up!!! You’ll get yours soon!!! :smiley:

+CHEERS+!!!

87 Likes

heck yeah. congrats on the drop!

3 Likes

It took me like 2 kills I Believe

2 Likes

Dude, your mog is righteous!

8 Likes

Came to me in a fever dream

5 Likes

Yeah that must be what settled the loot gods.

My #2 favorite xmog was the Mythic shoulders off Sylvanas. And I just got those last week. lol

So yeah… I like this current xmog A LOT.

But TUSKS!!! On an ORC!!!

This is the HISTORY of WoW.

I’m still running laps around my office in joy and happiness!!! THIS FEELS AMAZING!!!

4 Likes

I’m glad you use the prepositional phrase “to” there.

That’s awesome! Wear those bad boys wherever you go!

3 Likes

Made me Google “prepositional phrase”

Hey now, this is a family forum

3 Likes

i was going to guess oxygen deprivation.

i kid, it’s great!

What do you think caused said fever dream

4 Likes

You’re gonna have to go maghar now or you’re wasting it.

Oh, and you need to farm the new HD gore howl

You know, looking at your current mog, that’s pretty awesome, too. Maybe the shoulders haven’t updated on this character yet, but I don’t se those Tusks

Yeah I know. I have all the current Gorehowl’s and … they’re all Old-God infected. But the “Stinging Sands” illusion makes it at least look kinda golden like the original Gorehowl. That will have to do until I can get that one.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. Yeah it should take a few hours for it to update.

…it’s coming. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meanwhile I’m on #66, and about to do 67-72 tomorrow on heroic difficulty :rage:

5 Likes

Outstanding!

One of the fun things about this game is that each of us can define victory according to our own yardsticks. I’m glad that you found yours. Now, pick a new one and keep going!

5 Likes

I mean… show me another piece of WEARABLE HISTORY in the WoW universe, and I’ll start marching.

That’s the thing about Tusks, especially for an Orc: there is just SOOOOO much meaning tied to this piece!!!

There really isn’t much to compare. I guess Sylvie’s bow. But that legacy is tainted, right? Depending on your pov with her story arc.

But killing Mannoroth freed the Orcs. And it was an Orc that did the deed!!!

This was one of the biggest displays in Orgrimmar, until Grommash moved it/desecrated it (and in turn, made this armor).

It’s not like “Tier #84” is EVER going to replace this. lol

reeeeeeeee still so happy!

3 Likes

Orcs have some awesome lore. From Broxigar the Red (really all the Saurfangs) to Grommash.

2 Likes
2 Likes