It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

My opinion isnt anti-2h. Ive tried to tell people several times, even changing DW mechanics so there wasnt a big gap but people still werent having it and would rather just say “you anti-2h! you dont play! lol 346ilvl” all arguments to show that they just want it their way, well no more. All I will ever support from now on is a transmog option. I even acknowledged that its easier to just get 1 2h weapon. But no, they rather have their own narrative and thats it.

If Blizzard seen how these people were acting they wouldnt give them 2h either. Go ahead and yell on the forums where they dont look anyways probably because of those type of people in the first place.

On your way out the door take your other account, Monkiy, with you.

5 Likes

Oh shut up with that baseless claim already. And I’m not going anywhere, I don’t know how you drew a line between not going to try to change DW to support 2h and just advocate for transmog and “I’m leaving”.

It just makes you guys look like the thing you and your buddies have been calling me.

1 Like

If people call you anti 2H it is for something, the majority of post yours have seen very radical attitudes, without even giving the slightest opportunity to 2H, it is only natural that they see you as anti 2H with that attitude.

I personally want 2H because I want to see those large numbers that I once saw in the DK, I like the burst classes and the DK was one of them in its time, to this day the DK is a kind of damage sustained in the 2 specs. They have their “burst” but it is horrible, a lot of unintelligible small numbers that overload the screen for nothing, I want the purity of a good simple and well placed large number to return

4 Likes

That is the thing, people want 2h thinking it’s going to fix something. It isn’t.

There is a lack of game knowledge going on and if you inform someone on how the game is right now then it means anti-2h? The weapon has absolutely no bearing on damage output other than white numbers while everything else is based on attack power now. It’s more consistent damage output that way.

Those big obliterate crits would have to come from an ability buff, end of story.

Why should it be all on one ability like it sounds like you want. You want big obliterate crits as you said which points directly to WoD where it was flavor of the month and braindead which is why people played it. DW was still better in terms of dps.

This is why I say to fix the spec because the weapons have absolutely nothing to do with damage output. Obliterate is based on 120% of attack power, increased by versatility, and reduced by armor.

So the reason why you want 2h back doesn’t exist in game anymore and it ultimately becomes a transmog option. Fix the spec because the majority of people do actually want harder hitting obliterates but it has to scale to really be viable. Basically more focus on the core set of abilities than on BoS and cold heart.

I find it hilarious that people try to bring up that I don’t play anymore, that I have low ilvl or whatever else they can find yet I know more about how the transmog system works, I know how the abilities are calculated and so on.

2h could come back or not and I wouldn’t care, but if it does I would put money on it being like wrath and not WoD. If they made it to where 2h and DW had the same mechanics, as in km procs, crit mechanics and runeforge however then it just becomes a transmog option so why do that work when you can just lax the transmog system to where you can transmog a 2h over DW.

man, Blizzard touches the numbers with each expansion, there is no case in talking about those things when you talk about things for a future expansion, it will change, whether or not they bring 2h, the numbers will change for Shadowlands. And since in one way or another you are going to touch the numbers, I would prefer that they do so while giving me back a style of play that I miss, 2H.

2 Likes

UH couldn’t tank, efficiency of Frost Tanking only lasted one tier; Blood was far superior, and the only spec that has duel wield talents was the Frost talent tree.

A lot wrong here but that’s why the community is here; to correct mistakes and promote correctness.

2 Likes

literally no one in all those threads want 2H thinking will fix something.

They want because is cool, they like 2H or the playstyle, they like the theme and the display/appearance of a 2h DK

you are making up things, mostly people give 2 craps about balance when talking about 2H or DW.

you finally put the hood didn’t you? we all knew that.

6 Likes

All i gotta say is, you’re still behind 2h enh. When that comes back around, you might have hope. Do not hold your breath for either.

You’re wrong. Unholy blood and frost could tank and Dw back then. I’ve seen it. Back in wolk.

4 Likes

Wrong, there are people all over the place that want 2h to return because of the big Obliterate hits/crits. It was even in the person that I was replying too.

And I dont know what the other part of your post means. It says absolutely nothing.

He isnt talking about what they “could” do but what was best. You technically can 2h Frost right now but I wouldnt recommend it since the damage loss is huge, but there is technically nothing stopping anyone from 2h Frost. Like Syegfryed said, no one cares about the dps they just want it to look cool, but if that was the case people would be doing it now so its just some fiction pulled from nowhere. DPS is relevant, people want a certain thing and they think 2h would solve it, but it wont.

So no, he isnt wrong in his statement, and neither are you, but who would DW unholy when your strikes werent applied with the offhand, you could pick up Nerves of Cold Steel but that just helped with OH damage so white hits ultimately. There might have been some gimmick with offhand with it proccing something, but both Blood and Unholy were intended as 2h, thats what they balanced the specs around. Frost was balanced around DW.

Once again. I’ve seen numerous of dk playing their fantasy of whatever weapon they want to use. No one is tell you what is better and what is best. But sure frost spec needs a rework. But I would love to feel of having two handers back. There should be a way and I know blizzard is probably going to fix it. We just wait and see.

As back in wrath the only reason we Dw in unholy was because it proc sudden doom talent. Back to back. And you could get the shadow runeforge on offhand. With fallen crusader main hand.

I’m not here to argue who is right and who is wrong. But in the end for those that want two handers back and Dw for across all spec dk. Shouldn’t matter and there should be a way to balance across them. I know there is. Same for windwalker monks. Reason they get two hander was because hit hard. I remember monk wrecks back in mop times. You could Dw or 2hander.

IMO everything in our legion weapon artifact weapon passive should’ve been baked back to our current passive with tuning and whatnot. Always a way make things work. People get so uptight because someone was doing more damage in 2hander vs Dw. When it shouldn’t be. Oh well. Like I said I’m keeping my eye on blizzard for dk class for SL.

2 Likes

Sudden Doom, at least with the talent trees that I was looking at for Wrath, Sudden Doom was in the Blood Tree. It was switched to Unholy in Cata I think which is when that happened and they fixed it in a week. It proccing off of the offhand was a bug.

Of course people are going to tell you what is better and what is best. If you are raiding with a guild they are going to want you to be the best that you can.

I have a high doubt that Blizzard is going to implement 2h in any gameplay type of way and will most likely just put it as a transmog option.

There isnt always a way to make things work, there are certain limitations.

They could dual wield; the only talent tree that had dual wield talents though that promoted dual wield was Frost. Dual wield was not good for Unholy and the tree had no talents to support it. Unholy could not tank, Frost tanking was not good after the first tier, and Blood was just far superior.

This is how it was. Just keeping the facts straight.

3 Likes

Unholy actually was the magic damage tank, you had access to a bunch of stuff to improve your ability to handle magic dmg. I’m trying to remember where it was used but I know we had our dk play unholy tank for a fight or two in wrath.

It obviously wasn’t often, but had its niche.

1 Like

they like seeing the big crits, they would like that, but they never said this would fix the spec, you are making things up

it means you finally gave up the facade

2 Likes

You would think that since you don’t read. People have said “I want 2h back for big obliterate crits”.

What in the world are you talking about? You aren’t making any sense, I have read people’s post where it’s clear English isn’t their first language and actually made sense and you are just throwing words out with no end goal of what you are trying to say.

3 Likes

Wrong, ToT was added later, it always had Nerves of Cold Steel. Just because any spec could dual wield doesn’t mean it’s a smart option since that is just a class mechanic.

4 Likes

Mm sorry my guy but you’re wrong. I know you get mad for some reason when we have to correct you and set facts straight, but you just seem to have thin skin for whatever reason. You can keep getting angry though and lying it’s fine that’s why we are here to correct my number one forum trolling fan!!
If you look closely Kelliste has posted enough correct information on this forum so start reading up.

3 Likes