It's That Time of the Year Again: Remove School of Hard Knocks from Children's Week Meta Achievement

They should just mail people the drake, the entire requirement is just terrible. It literally hurt my soul doing WOW quests.

2 Likes

That’d be like me complaining that I hate soccer, as I’m playing FIFA 22… I suppose such people exist, but they’re certainly a strange lot if they do exist.

From the first day that achievements were released, and I looked at the requirements for that, I suspected it was going to be a horror show. And when May rolled around, yep, turned out I was correct.
I always hated it because your main competition for the achievement was your own team, not the enemy. I suggested changing it to winning those specific battlegrounds, instead of removing it. But this works too.
And I do have it, I’ve done it at least twice and I can’t remember if I finished it a third time or not. Back before mounts were account wide.
Also, anybody who uses the phrase “X is a slap to the face!” should be actually slapped in the face so they can be sure that the comparison is apt.

Hey now, some of us were complaining about it even before the first Children’s Week.

3 Likes

Imagine demanding the removal of an extremely easy achievement from the meta.

No. I did it. You can too.

Also…revert Anzu to needing a druid, and make the Wintersaber grind as time-consuming as before.

Thiiiiissss please! I’m so sad that I finally got Long Strange Trip (sadly with completing Hard Knocks like 2 days before this hotfix) but I can barely use the mount because it’s so disorienting to fly it legit makes me feel a little ill. There’s also an animation bug (shown below) with the /mountspecial animation where apparently all the drakes like the violet, including the violet itself, like to moonwalk. It is simultaneously unnerving and hilarious XD Below is the video.

Here are some forum posts about it.

@Linxy is there any chance this can get looked at? :frowning:

There are people who have been trying to do this single achievement for years lol. It’s an awful achievement and needed to be removed from the requirements years ago

6 Likes

It was still a very tedious achievement that didn’t fit the theme of the meta and shouldn’t have been a part of it in the first place.

3 Likes

I think people who have spent a year completing every other achievement tried. When one achievement holds a lot of people back for 10+ years that sends a message to Devs.

The specific achievement is bad for PvE players and PvP players has has been extensively posted about.

7 Likes

Full support. To hell with them kids.

Its cute the way they go back, find some relevant post from 2 years ago and use that to show that hey, we’re listening to you, here it is!

Not that I mind, its a good change, well done Devs.

You can tell they lost a lot of subs this expansion because they are going for every easy win they can get right now lol.

All of them

Raids are gone forever now

The 10.0 raid will be the very last one

1 Like

You’ll live.

5 Likes

Let me know when they remove soft hand.

I hadn’t thought of it this way, but the devs can certainly see how many people have all the “For the Children” achieves except this one. And how many of those have all the achieves for “What a Long Strange Trip” except “For the Children.” Those statistics likely swayed their decision more than any “whining” on the forums.

7 Likes

Thanks, I can’t pvp
I admit it

2 Likes

It was stupid to create an achievement that required you to interfere with your team’s attempt to win a battleground.

6 Likes

I just did this on Tuesday. Took about 3 hours of queuing for those BGs specifically. Was very annoying but certainly not impossible. Waiting for the BG queue pops was the most annoying part.

1 Like

I was just responding to your claim that you didn’t know anyone who enjoyed it to do it more after being forced to do it - i.e. your own anecdotal data.