It appears that Wrath is declining due to DF success

It’s literally the same situation for Vulpera and Dracthyr though

1 Like

naxx is boring
it’s christmas in just over 2 weeks
you guys literally wanted this and now you’re angry that doing the same content over and over isn’t as exciting the 10th time as it is the 1st time.

2 Likes

No its not.

The pvp balance is so crazy atm.

Cant speak for pve yet but we shall see when raids launch how it is, im guessing top specs are 40% more dps than bottom specs.

Blizzard sucks at balancing anything.

No. they listen.

blizzard, nerf DH, lock, and bear druid.

they heard us. Nerf DK it is.

No no…we said DH, not DK. H, K…don’t even sound the same.

they gutted the crap out of DK when even tree it had from prepatch wasn’t all that stellar either.

Yes…DK’s are now in their proper place. Great change. jsut ignore a DH can damn near outheal a healer off their self heal stats and its perfect.

mitchjones and nahj (multi r1 rogue) insanely geared dunking on two noobs in a skirm that have no gear

“PVP BALANCE IS SOO BAD ON DF!!! Come to WOTLK-CLASSIC where you are either an hpal,arms,dk, ele or you can’t play.”

least on retail every spec is r1 viable and can queue across all ratings

1 Like
1 Like

You’re a lvl 10. You know nothing about nothing.

Yeah that’s one prediction I made incorrectly, expansion is kinda booty cheeks so far.

Feels like it was half finished.

we dont paly DF to pvp.

You play it to reroll every week cuz balancing sucks like SL?

check the chieves. paladin since 2006. FOTM is a lesser man’s problem. an uberleet like myself feels no such pressure. balance or not, we make it work. LIKE MEN.

Imagine just not balancing anything and shipping it the way it is like blizzard.

i imagine it will be fine, playerbase will adapt, and we will all be happy.

It will be great 90% of players will get to reroll each week.

Pvp will be balanced around 3 op specs that 2 shot.

I cant wait for the drama.

C O P E
O P E
P E
E

TBH I think Wrath was declining before DF even released, and that’s coming from a Wrath diehard, who has recently opened their eyes and changed perspective. I don’t think DF success is what is causing the decline, and tbh I think it might be too soon to say DF is a success. It’s only been a week. Give if a few months and see how it’s doing. I think what killed Wrath was the expansion itself, and Blizzard’s poor management of servers and poor player communication.

I think a lot of people were super excited and hyped for Wrath, but once the expansion dropped, you got to 80 and now have a character that is as fair progressed as it can be right now, there’s nothing to do except either level an alt, or raid log. I rolled ON CLASSIC VANILLA exclusively hoping they’d one day release Wrath. I was so pumped with the Wrath announcement, and the hype leading up to launch. The first few weeks were amazing. I had a blast with my first character and even my alt. But, like Vanilla and TBC; there just isn’t enough to do, at least in comparison to retail.

In fact, I’d argue there was more to do in vanilla and tbc then there is in Wrath:
Vanilla, you always needed gold and consumes, so you spent HOURS farming. That’s likely what you were doing at max level in between raids. If not farming, you were probably pvping, as the pvp scene was pretty active. Also let’s not forget how long it actually took you to level. It took at least a month just to hit 60, and that’s if you were treating it like a full time job. Obviously, you’d get there much quicker if you were buying dungeon boosts, but most people couldn’t afford to do that until at last mid-late BWL… unless of course, they were gaining gold through illegal methods.

TBC introduced arena, badges and rep. There were dungeons and raids that required attunements, getting enough badges from heroics to buy gear took a large chunk of your time too because heroics were not something you could finish in 10 mins. Rep took you weeks to complete because of how long heroics took, and the PVP scene was still active, buts was starting to see a decline. If you weren’t doing those things, you were likely farming gold, farming rep for non-major reputation factions or working on professions.

However on Wrath, there’s nothing to really work towards. Once you’re at max level; you’re done with the badge grind in a few weeks, and that would cover your main spec and off spec. You can go from friendly-exalted with a major faction in less than 2 days if you do a full world tour. You could be done rep grinding the major reps in a week, maybe 2 tops? Heroics are a cakewalk, they take 10-15 mins to complete so even grinding for badges you’re locked out in 4 hours. Between the long queue time for arena on most servers, the amount of bots that are queued in BG’s, Wintergrasp being a lagfest that’s pretty much unplayable for a huge chunk of the playerbase, and not even needing to control WG for VoA, the PVP scene is in shambles and an absolute JOKE. Even the raiding scene sucks right now. Not just that the raids are getting stale and no one needs anything anymore, but the ‘buffed’ content that was given to us only gave the bosses additional HP… which means nothing when the game’s been solved for 15 years. You’re just following the same mechanics for an additional 2-3 mins per boss. A surplus of gold is easier to get than it ever has been, and let’s not forget, RDF is a beloved feature that many want to see in game. Without it, many don’t want to bother leveling an alt. So what’s left? You raid log, which is what most are doing now… if they even bother to log in each week to raid at all. OH and let’s not forget the Server locked BS that split up guilds and friend groups.

I was a ride or die Wrath player, but between how little there actually is to spend my time on, how Blizzard has maintained the servers and communicated with the player base, all the changes that were made that impacted the average player significantly, and and how poor of a state the game is currently in… DF didn’t kill Wrath. Wrath killed Wrath… and don’t start with “We all knew Phase 1 was gonna be a faceroll,” while that’s true; even once we get into phase 2, there’s still nothing new. Heroic+ is simply meant to be a catchup mechanic, so it means nothing to you if you don’t NEED to catch up.

TLDR: Nothing to work towards makes for a boring game. Everything in Wrath can be completed in a few weeks, than all there is left to do is raid log. Servers are either mega or dead, with no RDF/Cross-server queue to compensate. Blizzard failed us with how poorly the managed the servers, and game upkeep.

4 Likes

It’s really not because we can see simply by the way it’s presented and stylized what specific group it’s meant to appeal to. People understood back in the day what Tauren appealed to (mythology) and what Vulpera appeal to (cringe fursona nonsense) and the “soy dragons” (same thing).

did you expect anything different? It’s a new expansion ofc it’s going to draw players away from wrath. Just wait a month or 2. Also there’s like no content in wrath if you’re already geared on main. pvp is a literal meme with hardly anyone playing either.

1 Like

They’ll screw it up, thats the only constant with Blizzard

I play both as well, and am spending more time in DF lately, mostly because it’s still new and shiny. If Blizzard ever unlocks boosts on my fresh classic server, I’ll probably spend more time there for a while running a new character through Northrend. I gravitate to where the action is, but it is still nice having two great options.