It’s too late for RDF

I’m glad they’re finally bringing it in so for those who can make use of it, that’s great.

But for a majority of people who don’t know if they will continue to support the Classic team with Cata, or know the future of Classic past ICC in general this is basically a little too late for most of us to care.

This should’ve been put in at the start of Wrath like most people wanted instesd of some some janky retail LFG tool with WoW Tokens.

Personally I’m looking forward to HC as they claimed they are getting a dedicated dev team for it specifically, but seeing how Wrath got WoW Tokens and massive botting I don’t really have much hope HC will turn out any different but we’ll have to see I guess.

18 Likes

Probably not at the start, since the emblem system existed to allow buying previous tier gear. But it should have been with Ulduar.

And yes, now it’s too late. At endgame it’s irrelevant, as people will just continue running their daily Mythic.

13 Likes

Never too late to make the game better. Sad they made it worse so some classic andys could spam trade chat

8 Likes

Only a few more levels and you can use it too! :rofl:

3 Likes

I do agree it is too late for wotlk players as end game and raid logging is upon us. That said it’ll be good for low pop servers and those there who still want emblem gear.

Be great for future Cata players I guess.

2 Likes

With popularity of Hardcore classic and Wrath and the possibility that they make Cata a different experience than last time around it might be the perfect to time bring it…

I don’t see how bringing it for the patch it originally came out in is too late. In fact, I think it’s the perfect time.

6 Likes

Too late for this thread as well.
:axe:

Way too late, everyone’s in raid log mode now.

Yeah but no one cares what you think.

13 Likes

Well apparently Blizzard does, considering they listened to me. And so do you, since you felt compelled to respond to what I think.

I’m guessing you thought this interaction would go more in your favor?

3 Likes

Here is the thing unless they do Heroic +++ Charlie it means you can easily gear for ICC, like we all did back in the day. Truthfully some sidereal stuff and some uld25 gear may still have a use but we get 232 gear from the ICC 5mans which that gear is well itemized, then we also can farm as many triumphs per hour from normal heroics as we can stand. This means you can just get the 10m TOC Tier gear, some 245 off pieces from the triumph vendor, off pieces from ICC 5mans that are also 232. You don’t really need to do more to go into ICC 10.

I doubt RDF would actually apply to Heroic+/++/+++
Devs even specified they do want to improve leveling.

I’m sure Charlie will happen for 232’s and new Essence currency for 245’s. And end boss likely to give both, old and new, essence currency. (If I had to guess)

If it was up to me, I’d :axe: the whole Alpha/Beta/Charlie, and simply make first Daily RDF give 5 badges AND give a loot box to everyone with random 232 class specific items. (There aren’t that many 232’s in TOGC anyway)

So like, every Fury Warr going into RDF, would get a box at the end and get like a 232 shield, 232 belt and 232 gloves. Or something. It wouldn’t be role specific, but class specific if it makes sense.

Just make it rain.

but thats my point Triuph are the dungeon emblem for Phase 4 aka Patch 3.3 which means full T9 for Emblems, with 245 badge gear. Other gear is from the 5mans at 232, it really is on par and just as well itemized as TOC 10m gear, and perfect for going into ICC, i could care less if they do a charlie, I’d just spam LFD for quick AOE spam heroics like the good old days.

Look at what drops in the ICC 5mans and compare to the Triumph vendor you will see its possible to have everything between them :smiley:

You care so little about it that you decided to post a thread to talk about it. I don’t care about pet battles, do you know what threads I won’t create or post on? You got it, pet battles.

1 Like

Can’t go back in time and fix it, so I’ll take what I can get. No use in complaining about it.

1 Like

Well, maybe the Classic Team learned a lesson to actually listen to the playerbase.

But we know that’s not happening. More likely they resent the players even more now that they have to backtrack on rdf.

2 Likes

The whole reason we’re in this situation is exactly that. They listened to a vocal minority who argued that RDF destroyed the social fabric of the game. They listened to people like this guy:

1 Like

Wow token was the last straw. Might have played if they decided to put RDF in instead of the token at the time.

Will mess around with HC but that’s about it boys!

4 Likes

It’s not the last straw if you’re continuing to pay the same subscription.

3 Likes

Did we just become best friends?