Issues with unlocking Mechagnomes

Key words there. As I said I’m not expecting to walk into the Stormwind Embassy on my goblin mage and demand their questline, but as I had met the requirements on that character I should just be able to take my fresh 120 Alliance and get the unlock questline.

1 Like

This seems to be a bug…
The Ally toons are not showing the Dungeon completed (but on horde side it shows done)…
Blizz just needs to Hot fix this…

6 Likes

You should probably create a thread in the bug report forum so they take a look at this.

Good idea, will do.

1 Like

I know. What I meant to say is that they could have done something similar with the voldun rep. I mean, a neutral rep yo unlock an alliance AR? That’s either stupid, short sighted, or biased.

Because, and correct me if I’m wrong, you also could unlock void elves and LF draenei. So no one was screwed over.

Yeah how about you explain what you meant by this then.

Explain to me how “I don’t see blizzard screwing the horde” equates to "making a new Alliance character is “horde bias”.

I just can’t follow your train of thought.

So what did you mean by “I don’t see blizzard screwing the horde” if not horde bias?

The issue is with making an alliance character.

Do you get it now?

Just got a reply from a GM in game:
We need to put in Bug Reports, as GM’s do not have any power to help with that issue. (/sigh)

3 Likes

Well, at least the GM seemed to agree that it’s a bug.

3 Likes

No, I never talked about creating a new alli char (I find that creating an alli char to unlock an alli AR is just logical, instead of doing it from a char of the opposing faction). I was talking about the reputations because the post I was replying to was replying to another post that was talking about reputations.

According to a recent post on the CS forums you may need to get the Mechagonian Threat achievement on an Alliance character in order to unlock Mechagnomes:

2 Likes

That is what PTR testers have been saying. Someone needs to talk to random Blizzard employees who use their own private twitter feeds and podcasts to answer questions about upcoming content that they should most likely be sure of their answers.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not just one tweet. There have been plenty of wowhead and icyveins posts saying you can complete the requirements on Horde. Even Customer Support isn’t sure if it is a bug or intentional.

The latest CS post said:

This is what the people on the PTR have been saying.

This sounds more like a bug.

If it is deliberate it’s petty stupid and makes no sense, and has no consistency with how any other allied race has been handled.

Coming from someone who usually likes what Blizzard does or at least understands why something is done that way.

Edit - while I still think it will be lame, I also just realized mecha gnomes will be the only allied race of the 6 that were achievable from BfA content where the opposite faction can earn the required rep.

Dark iron
Kultiran
Maghar
Zandalari
Vulpera

All require either horde or alliance characters to even have the possibility of earning the correct rep.

INB4 horde bias.

1 Like

OK… THIS FIXED IT (for me at least).

1. (since I had everything listed as complete, except the dungeon achieve):
  2. I went and que’d up for ‘The workshop’ (the 2nd dungeon)…
  3. Just completed that (got the achievement again, on my ally toon).
  4. Now I can get the quest on my ally toon.

Hope that helps

6 Likes

were you already revered on that toon? I think the problem is that the final part of the achievement is gated behind a quest which requires revered to accept.

1 Like

Interesting, I will give that a try. Although…

I’d like to know too before I go ahead with this.

did you have the quest for the dungeon ?