Issues with unlocking Mechagnomes

So my Horde Mage has just about every Mechagon achievement, exalted rep probably ten times over, and every requirement for unlocking them done.

Logged on to my 120 Alliance Rogue to find that he has all of the requirements except for Operation Mechagon - The Mechoriginator. Despite him just opening even the zone yesterday and having next to no rep, the banner at the Stormwind Embassy is tagged as having the exalted rep requirement met. So I’m not sure what is going on here.

9 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I main this horde shaman and have all the requirements but when approaching the alliance embassy on my alliance alt It says I don’t have the quest chain meta-achievment done.

Quite upset as I’m part of the 1% that was more hyped for mechagnomes than vulpera.

10 Likes

You actually have to do the whole chain. I won’t, so I won’t unlock them, but yeah. Whole chain plus instance.

If you did it and got the achievement but it’s saying you didn’t, I’d assume bug.

I was led to believe by the tweet that I just needed to have the requirements met on even a Horde character, and that I just needed to have the initial questline to open the zone up on my Alliance character. Which I did yesterday. But it seems that I’m missing the Mechoriginator quest which would require me to do all that rep grinding to I believe Revered to get that quest, and to do the dungeon, which is of course gonna be a problem as my alliance rogue is very undergeared. That just ain’t happening.

2 Likes

Which I did, on my Horde character. I was led to believe that was all that was needed.

1 Like

Same, would be great to have a cm weigh in on this.

3 Likes

I, too, have issues with unlocking dumpster gnomes but it has mostly to do with taste.

11 Likes

Unlocking mechgnomes was the second thing I was gonna do after making my velf dk. :frowning:

2 Likes

Are you guys really whining that the alliance allied race wasn’t super easy for you to unlock?

3 Likes

It’s not that, but that the race isn’t unlocked despite the work being put in already.

7 Likes

It’s not whining to bring up a legitimate issue with something you earned.

15 Likes

I don’t think they are whining about it not being easy, but the fact they done everything to unlock it and it isn’t unlocked… there is a huge difference @Lirr rolling my eyes

5 Likes

I could unlock other allied races by meeting requirements on horde characters. Why the hell are mechagnomes so special?

2 Likes

They’re not, especially given there was a tweet confirming we could meet the requirements on a Horde character, and that we just needed a 120 Alliance char to do the unlock questline.

3 Likes

My understanding is this:

That you have have exalted…and it doesn’t matter which faction…which I’ve done.

BUT: you must also run a quest chain on an Alliance character that doesn’t unlock until an Alliance character gets to Revered.

I could be completely wrong about that, but it’s what I saw in a discussion on the subject yesterday.

2 Likes

The requirements we were told can all be met on a Horde character.

3 Likes

You mean the legion races? is not like you can get any rep for the BFA races with a horde char, it just looks like mechagnomes now follow the same logic as the rest.

The Rustbolt Resistance can be done on a Horde character.

2 Likes

My HORDE shaman is EXALTED with mechagnomes. Not with dark irons and kul’tirans. Mechagnomes follow the formula alliance allied races had as originaly neutral factions.

Blizzard themselves confirmed a horde character can meet the requirements.

2 Likes

Would have been nice it if had been the same for alliance and the vulpera, wouldn’t it have?

5 Likes