Issues with Mechagnome unlocking

Originally posted in GD, will link the thread here.

7 Likes

Same as OP here. My Horde toon has all rep, and Mechagon achieve.
I get on Ally toon, and Operation Mechagon is grayed out (even tho the achievement shows complete)… lol.

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue. The Mechoriginator quest isn’t highlighted for me on my Alliance 120- so the rep I did on my Horde DH and completing the quests should work- but isn’t. I’m not sure what this means at all. I just really really want to play my mechagnomes

1 Like

Just got a reply from a GM in game. They said the GM’s in game cant to anything, and to submit bug reports. (/sigh)

3 Likes

Same here.

Least that part is done, hopefully they will respond soon.

Same thing here. My horde hunter has exalted rep with rustbolt and the mechagon ach but when i switch to my ally mage who is 120 it is saying she doesn’t have the ach completed. I find that a bit odd when these quests don’t exactly matter which 120 does the unlocking. Rep is checked off though.

1 Like

Can confirm the same problem. Hoping this is fixed soon.

1 Like

Same problem here.

1 Like

Reposting here:
OK… THIS FIXED IT (for me at least).

1. (since I had everything listed as complete, except the dungeon achieve):
  2. I went and que’d up for ‘The workshop’ (the 2nd dungeon)…
  3. Just completed that (got the achievement again, on my ally toon).
  4. Now I can get the quest on my ally toon.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Gonna try this and hope for the best.

Just a heads-up, they did it on an Alliance toon that was already Revered.

Yup. I’m about to test it on a toon that isn’t even Friendly yet.

1 Like

Then what on earth is the point of ever getting rep with them on a horde toon… I’m testing with a neutral toon soon.

1 Like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Josh Augustine, a Blizzard employee said in a tweet that we can- yet we’re not able to. @Jaugustine on twitter, but why?

1 Like

In response to my ingame ticket:

So ummm… yeah. We’re supposed to grind this rep… AGAIN. They’re reneging on anything they said prior. I would have grinded rep on my alliance toon and not my horde had I known this was the case. Nowhere, and I mean nowhere, did it say I’d have to grind to revered and do Machagon on my Alliance character… in fact it was specifically stated on multiple websites that the rep on my horde character would suffice. REALLY not happy with this decision by Blizz and the amount of time I need to put in AGAIN.

GAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Logging for a while to put out these fumes.

2 Likes

Dang, that sucks :confused:
I wish they had said something sooner because literally everyone was saying Horde could get all the requirements and unlock mechagnomes.

2 Likes

Wowhead…

:T

https://www.wowhead.com/mechagnome-allied-race

And the unlock scenario refers to:

1 Like

Exactly. If I have to faction change, do the quest, then immediately refund the race change I’m not gonna be happy