Issues with Mechagnome unlocking

Imagine being a Hordie that just grinded all the needed reps/achieves for the new Mechagnomes. I was so excited for 8.3 to start my fresh Mechagnome with enchanted heirlooms, bags, and glyphs. After slowly realizing that I’d have to rep grind over again, I’ve decided I’d rather unsub and wait and see if blizz makes the Mechagonian Threat account wide. Total waste of time to get that rep again.

4 Likes

See, the problem with Mechagnomes is that the Rustbolt Resistance faction is a neutral faction, meaning it can be done by both factions. The only thing that makes this different from say, Vulpera, is that Vulpera along with all the other races, namely Zandalari, Mag’har, Kul Tirans, and Dark Iron, were already pre-arranged faction-specific reputations that needed no clarity on what you needed to do to aquire them, not to mention the following requirements of each race were faction-specific already. Mechagnomes, however, are not, and can be shared between the factions. For those that main both factions like me, the problem is not having capable characters to accomplish the same thing we already had done on Horde, or simply don’t have the willpower to force our way through it a second time over. Can this be fixed? As much as a quality-of-life issue it may be, this is unfair and to put it extremely, alienates a section of people from participating in a feature that was, well, featured as a main part of the patch, alongside Vulpera.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this so hard and being met with this I think has done it for me. It’s so much time just gone. If this is intended, then its also intended for me to unsub as well. I’m not gonna sit back and take this.

1 Like

Man I feel you, especially since i’m a frequent in Warmode which made me feeling big sad not being able to benefit from the bonus reputation WM offered for horde side due to the server faction imbalances. The thing is this is such an easy thing to fix but it’s a bit disheartening that it may still continue to be a roadblock.

2 Likes

Just thinking about it. Someone working at Blizz actually sat down and thought ‘Yeah, it makes sense to make them regrind rep that they’ve already done.’ Saddening but also alittle humorous. Mostly saddening

1 Like

I dunno chief, maybe it’s just destiny. I though for one, get irritated when there’s still a race i’m blocked off from and knowing I completed the requirements months ahead of time only for it to remain hollow is eh, well it’s kinda enraging. The reputation is excluded from that feeling, but the reason behind all this is because of Operation: Mechagon, which in order to finish on a faction-appropriate character, while having to make it all the way up to Revered AGAIN is just demoralizing.

2 Likes

I would of figured Blizzard would of addressed this issue in a blue post before the riots start but no the Horde gets silence .

Typical Blizzard. There becoming Bethesda . Just wait for the Xpac , that will have so many bugs that it will be the nail in the coffin . This bug or lack of transparency is just dirt from Blizzard’s grave coming off the shovel like all the rest of the bugs this patch is riddled with.

1 Like

Uh, actually surprisingly enough I was being pretty vocal on another forum thread that was since locked down, and I got a response from I think a GM saying that the rep grind isn’t necessary, only the story achievement. I don’t think he understood what I meant, as the questline finale is blocked behind said reputation, but still a response is a response even if it seems…biased, I guess the word is for it.

Alright, there are some serious shenanigans going on here.
So I went ahead and completed the Workshop portion of Operation Mechagon. No achievement popped up. However it did for someone, and…

Notice how it says I have already completed this achieve. However, after leaving the dungeon and checking, I still have the same issue.

This seriously has to be a bug. I’d really appreciate an answer from Blizz on this.

3 Likes

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a blue response about this yet. They responded to the vulpera unlock questline complaints real quick. :confused:

3 Likes

Sounds like Horde biasm to me, amirite fellas (please don’t hurt me <_<)

2 Likes

I mentioned this in another thread when people were asking if Horde could unlock Mechagnomes - there are two achievements, an Alliance version

and a Horde version

They have different sub components, so they aren’t just “the same”. Clearly the embassy is only checking if you have the Alliance one and not either.

However I agree that your achievements UI shows you as having completed the Alliance version even if you only did it on Horde. So at this point it is hard to say what they intended and we’ll need a clarification.

The good news at least is that at the start of a major patch they pretty much do hotfixes every day for several days so it is likely to get fixed up quickly (if it actually is broken and not meant to be this way).

It’s probably different in that regard because Alliance and Horde are talking to two different people and seeing two different experiences going into the zone. Learned just yesterday after seeing it from the Alliance perspective.

I’d like to know from Blizz if this is something they intend to fix though, so I can know whether or not I can give up hope and just transfer my gold and bags back to my Horde side.

2 Likes

BlizzardCS has given me a working on it message so who knows

1 Like

I checked the CS forums and found something kind of worrying.

He says that “you shouldn’t have to grind out additional reputation” but at the same time “It is the story achievement that needs to be completed.” which is contradictory because the story achieve is in fact reliant on grinding out reputation. So I fear that this blue isn’t fully aware of the circumstances, or is in fact lying to us.

1 Like

I feel it’s more the latter than the former given the circumstances.

Eeeeey, it’s me!

This is what I was talking about earlier on, about how the Gm mentioned that the requirements involved no double-grinding, only the reputation maxed and the questline completed. I, uh, didn’t really have time to point out that statement and the irony in it.

They really just need to make it so you can get the dungeon quest without revered rep.

3 Likes

In an ideal situation you’d be right, but I have my suspicions that Blizzard might not budge on this one.