Issues with unlocking Mechagnomes

This sounds more like a bug.

If it is deliberate it’s petty stupid and makes no sense, and has no consistency with how any other allied race has been handled.

Coming from someone who usually likes what Blizzard does or at least understands why something is done that way.

Edit - while I still think it will be lame, I also just realized mecha gnomes will be the only allied race of the 6 that were achievable from BfA content where the opposite faction can earn the required rep.

Dark iron
Kultiran
Maghar
Zandalari
Vulpera

All require either horde or alliance characters to even have the possibility of earning the correct rep.

INB4 horde bias.

1 Like

OK… THIS FIXED IT (for me at least).

1. (since I had everything listed as complete, except the dungeon achieve):
  2. I went and que’d up for ‘The workshop’ (the 2nd dungeon)…
  3. Just completed that (got the achievement again, on my ally toon).
  4. Now I can get the quest on my ally toon.

Hope that helps

6 Likes

were you already revered on that toon? I think the problem is that the final part of the achievement is gated behind a quest which requires revered to accept.

1 Like

Interesting, I will give that a try. Although…

I’d like to know too before I go ahead with this.

did you have the quest for the dungeon ?

I que’d up for the dungeon, on an ally toon that was already at Rev.
(everything in the ally toons achieve was checked off except for the dungeon)
(even tho the achieve was showing completed)…

1 Like

And I’m assuming you turned in the quest at the end of the dungeon and that’s what gave the achievement? Or was it automatic when you killed the last boss?

We’re trying to figure out if people who are not revered already and who don’t have the quest to beat the dungeon can finish the mechagonian threat.

Ah okay, thanks. The ally toon I have in question isn’t even Friendly, lols. So I’m not sure if that will work for me.

might be worth trying. worst case you get locked out until tomorrow

best case, i get to wear a diaper

Nah, best case, Azeroth will have one more vulpera extermination unit. Everyone wins in this scenario.

I will go log over and test things, and report back here.

1 Like

Alright so the big issue is that you have to repeat the rep grind on an alliance character for something that was already accomplished, without changing the requirements for the quest to be unlocked. So horde players have to repeat the bull$h!t that we did previously to do a twenty minute questline.

4 Likes

good luck soldier.

1 Like

Have they retuned Mechagon? Because at present its basically a raid but with only one healer and tank. Some of those boss mechanics are kind of crazy. Now that its required to kill the main boss at the end to unlock a race, maybe consider tuning it down a little?

I almost get the impression that the devs got so many complaints about how easy the other instances were and went well we’ll show you!!!

Its heroic now

This honestly sucks… did all the work on the Horde already. But, because we have to… see a different dialogue? We have to do it all over… sigh…

Well that sucks that the last quest is locked behind Revered reputation. They should remove all the required rep for the story to finish, considering we have to run a dungeon again to unlock an allied race. I don’t know why someone at Blizzard thinks Alliance players need to run dungeons to unlock their AR, it’s just weird.

1 Like

Alright, there are some serious shenanigans going on here.

So I went ahead and completed the Workshop portion of Operation Mechagon. No achievement popped up. However it did for someone, and…

Notice how it says I have already completed this achieve. However, after leaving the dungeon and checking, I still have the same issue.

This seriously has to be a bug. I’d really appreciate an answer from Blizz on this.

If enough horde players beg to remove the dungeon requirement altogether, I’m sure Ion will listen.

I don’t even want them to do that. The dungeon requirement is fine. This…bug, is not.