Is WoW P2W?

I can buy glad with my credit card, and there’s over 5000 glad players rn because Blizzard nerfed PvE loot forcing PvE players to PvP while also putting in a rating locked system knowing that it will encourage WoW token sales and further boosts.

Gladiator means nothing anymore, you can’t even tell who got it legit or not.

1 Like

5k Glads is because with the removal of battlegroups, the pool of glads are now higher than when they were as there’s no group separation.

Also, you do know boosts and carries existed before Tokens, but you’re just here to pick a fight so whatever

1 Like

That’s not P2W, that’s getting paid for winning.

The people paying are buying from people that put in work and are at the top of the game, and they’re buying a catch up … they aren’t beating the people they buy carries from.

If anything, this has been an incredibly rewarding xpac for those top players that earned the ability and take the time to sell carries.

2 Likes

Feel like I’m at a Whitesnake concert because “Here we go again”.

1 Like

Just saying, gold is a vehicle to obtain any and all of the best stuff in this game. And you can buy gold from Blizzard.

Devalues everything if you can just straight up purchase it with real money, since with tokens real money translates into gold.

2 Likes

Yes it is. This is Tupacshekar, he’s been trolling these forums since last year sometime.

This is a tupac thread folks, nothing to see here.

2 Likes

An Opinion isn’t fact.

For example: The Earth is flat

This is a fact, what’s the opinion here?

1 Like

Your picture is of a blood elf but the words below your name say Mag‘har Orc.

THIS THING CONFUSES AND INFURIATES ME.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s seems the race change confuses the forums lol!!

Hes giving attention to a huge issue in WoW, while your post is trolling/trying to shut down a discussion about it. Almost sounds like you are a benefiter of the boosting economy.
His concerns are legit and its true, WoW has become P2W to a large extent with PvP boosting and M+/Raid sells. Not even speaking of the BoEs in the AH available. Even if we are looking besides all the design issues the game currently has (which are a HUGE list), the boosting/botting problem alone is reason enough to not play this game anymore. Stop defending bad business practices.

2 Likes

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Play some eastern F2P MMORPGs if you want to see what P2W actually looks like.

2 Likes

Everything in life is pay to win if you have enough money.

The current mobile game market has proven you can make much more money on a p2w game, than you can with subscriptions, especially over a shorter period of time.

I believe Blizzard has been trying to go this direction very slowly. Finding that balance where they can get away with making money from whales/sales, and not offending too many subscribers to flee.

5 Likes

Wait a sec here, are you Preheat? Seriously, this is all too familiar.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-we-stop-hating-on-shadowlands-this-is-the-best-wow-expansion-to-date/891429

That’s you right? Like they did they started with the best expansion crap too. Now today it’s P2W?

Which is it fox?

Smells like a bait thread…

The OP is allowed to change his mind given new information, nothing wrong with that.

I think that SL is their test expansion to see how far they get away with P2W mechanics.

What P2W mechanics has SL introduced?

Rating locked gear for one, they only made it so they can nerf PvE loot which forces PvE players to basically PvP for mythic-level gear that can be earned at 2.1k rating.

Guess what though, most PvE’ers have zero interest nor the skill to hit that rating so the boosters that have existed long before SL now have a massive market to sell services to and COINCIDENTALLY they don’t ban gold trades for carry services but will ban RMT.

They create a situation where you need gear, they provide the solution via in-game gold tokens and voila, the community works like clockwork and generates Blizzard more revenue than subscribers ever did.

1 Like