Is this a TOU Violation?

Is GSE: Gnome Sequencer Enhanced : Advanced Macros a TOU violation? I saw it on Twitch mods and it looked nifty. Before I try to use it, I want to make sure the “sequence” part doesn’t come back to haunt me; sequence meaning automation of more than one action per keypress; which is a touchy subject from what i’ve found.

1 Like

I wouldn’t touch anything - ever - that had more functionality than what the in-game systems allow. One action per keypress is the rule, yes.

7 Likes

Yep. And GSE (old versions, new versions, whatever) adhere to this rule. It’s been around for years, and though I don’t use it anymore, I’ve used Gnome Sequencer at various times in the past.

GSE will not execute more than one action for one button press. Sure, you can load up fifty macros for one button, but it only executes one every time you press the button.

So, something like fireball, fireball, big boom, sticky tar, fireball, fireball would take six button presses. You can just continue pressing the same button instead of having six different buttons to press.

Where people get into trouble with this is using “automated” keyboards or mice to press that action button over and over automatically, or to have their mouse or keyboard press it fifty times with one keystroke.

Don’t do that, and you’ll be fine. One button press, one action.

From the addon description, and I’ve added a single word for clarity:

4 Likes