Is There Concrete Evidence That Light And Void Actually Causes Someone To Die In An Explosion Of Fel?

I think it’s not too bad of a problem as of the retcon that the dark magic tying a Forsaken’s soul to their body is necromantic magic not Shadow.

Void Elves can be Warlocks, though.

I mean, that’s because he was taking on massive amounts of both. I feel like massive amounts of any kind of energy would be destabilizing.

That one is also weird, seeing as Warlocks had an old ability called Metamorphosis where they literally turn into Demons…

I’m just going to point you to this, since I’ve already gone over this: Is There Concrete Evidence That Light And Void Actually Causes Someone To Die In An Explosion Of Fel? - #97 by Thallia-sentinels

points back up to linked post again

It’s really not. They aren’t infused with Fel. Meta doesn’t exist and didn’t when Velfs were created.

1 Like

I would say the light and void sure made beautiful eddies.

No…no they should not.

Using it for class combos only brings more problems then they solve. And even then, the ones needed goes against the spirit of the concept itself. This idea needs to die in fel fire.

Lore is bad so let’s make it worse. Void paladins is just bad k?

Incoming demands from races to play as the holy version that is not suited for holy infusion. Also incoming retcons and story contradictions that will push more players to other mmo’s due to “lore bad!”

Oh yes, the high elf fans that is…

Lol no. It is still showing in SL to be a thing, uther’s memories has him being infused by the light.

He isn’t actually apart of the forsaken. And he notes every time he uses light magic it gives him great pain and returning of his living senses… tasting his rot, feeling maggots… it’s not a good time for him lol

Void elves being paladins won’t work according to this game’s story.

Will they ever be paladins? Absolutely. The writing in this game has been absolutely awful.

Let’s be honest a lot of people don’t give a damn about void elves or void elf paladins, this is another step to erode void elves into high elves.

2 Likes

Why not? It creates Void Knights for those who want paladins as Velfs. It creates a better version of Sunwalkers that would actually make sense.

There’s so much they can do with racial class skins to make classes culturally accurate.

What problems?

… racial class skins fix the lore. They don’t make it worse.

Such as?

Except with racial class skins. There’s two routes they could go with existing lore for that.

No, they are not. Want sources to prove it?

Of Blood and Honor (Chapter 2):

1. “Archbishop: In the Light, we gather to empower our brother. In its grace, he will be made anew. In its power, he shall educate the masses. In its strength, he shall combat the shadow. And, in its wisdom, he shall lead his brethren to the eternal rewards of paradise.”
  2. “Archbishop: Clerics of the Northshire, if you deem this man worthy, place your blessings upon him.
    One of the clerics comes with a blessed dark blue embroidered stole in his hands, which he placed reverently around Tirion’s neck. Then, he dipped his thumb in a small vial of sacred oil and anointed Tirion’s forehead.”
  3. “Archbishop: Knights of the Silver Hand, if you deem this man worthy, place your blessings upon him.
    Two of the armored men comes, the first laid the warhammer before Tirion’s feet. The second, Saidan Dathrohan, placed the silver plates upon Tirion’s shoulders.”
  4. “Each of the clerics and knights raised their right hands and pointed toward Tirion, empowered him with the holy light.”

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (Part 1: Chapter 5):

1. “In the Light, we gather to empower our brother.”
  2. & 3) are similar to the 2) & 3) from above
  3. “Sweat broke out on Arthas’s brow. What was going wrong? Why wasn’t the Light wrapping itself around him in blessing and benediction?”

The rest of the book makes a point that the light flows through him or he’s channeling it etc. Same as priests.

1. Chapter 8 … “Maybe if he focused on fighting, on learning how to accept, and channel and direct the Light, he could get the hell over her. Over the girl he himself had broken up with”

Had he been infused, why would he need to learn to accept, channel, and direct the light? Seems like it’d only be directing.

• This ceremony is exclusive to the Order of the Silver Hand, which not all Paladins are a part of. There is no evidence to support that other Paladin individuals/races/organizations undergo the same process nor is it explicitly mentioned that it’s needed to become a Paladin.
    This is just a fact. Silver Hand was originally just Humans and Dwarves.
    Draenei became Paladins through the Naaru teaching them about the Light.
    High Elves had Paladins through normal worship of the Light, but briefly lost in after most of them renamed to Blood Elves and had to drain it from Naaru. With the Sunwell restored, the Blood Knights returned to embracing the Light like the originally did.
    Sunwalkers get the Light from basic worship of An’she, which is just a different form of the Draenei worshipping it through the Naaru and Humans/Dwarves through the Light itself.

The first Human Paladins were literally just Warrior + Priest
Tides of Darkness (Chapter 5)

1. “I will establish a new branch of the Church, the paladins. I have already selected the first candidates for this order. Some were knights before but others were priests. I chose these men for both their piety and their martial prowess. They will be trained, not only in war but in prayer and in healing. And each of these valient fighters will possess both martial and spiritual power, particularly in blessing themselves and other with the strength of the Holy Light.”

And just so you’re aware there is zero statement about the ORIGINAL paladins of the Church, mentioned above, having gone through the ceremony mentioned twice earlier. This implying that the ceremony was created afterwards, and that again it isn’t necessary for one to be a Paladin.

Forsaken priests using Light is canon. Ages back there was a Dev QnA on it.

Also more recently the Forsaken faction leader is a Forsaken holy priest who was risen by a Forsaken holy priest.

2 Likes

One of the recent books has Turalyon and Alleria cause an explosion when Turalyon touches her in her void form, if I recall.

Mag’har, Forsaken, and Void Elf are all, presumably, canonically shadow. Just like I assume Lightforged are all Holy.

Blizzard even went on record at one point and said Forsaken priests are all canonically shadow, but they don’t want to screw players over by preventing them from accessing the other specs on specific races.

Provided they gave an explanation - such as Tyrant Velhari in Hellfire Citadel - where they don’t draw power from the Light. Similar to how the Zandalari Prelates draw power from a Loa, not the Light.

We know they can change the color of spells - we’ve seen it with Green Fire for warlocks. Adding Void Spell Skins for Forsaken/Void Elf Paladins would be enough explanation with the pre-established fact not all Paladins draw from the Light.

That’s a bunch of terrible takes and you should feel terrible, that’s about all I have to say to that.

1 Like

I think avoid Knights could be really cool. But it doesn’t fix Void Elves aesthetically to have typical paladins imo.

3 Likes

Funny you mention fel fire, considering class skins already exist in the form of the Green Fire quest, which, I might add, is one of the most well received additions to WoW in its lifetime.

A Fel Paladin literally has existed since WoD, and the designers even stated the entire intent behind her design was what would a Paladin who doesn’t use the Light and has been corrupted do.

The person who made the widely used Paladin concepts is not a High Elf fan. They literally made Paladin concepts for every single race in the game.

In fact, this assertion is ridiculous because almost all, if not all, of the void elf CONCEPT art for Paladins involves them being Riftblades, who use the Void.

Calia throws your entire logic into question, as she’s an undead who is not decomposing and can channel the Light still without pain. Yes, she was resurrected with the Light, but there’s nothing saying they can’t introduce a questline where she “heals” the forsaken in some regard.

3 Likes

Why Forsaken?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493083744484196373/975932938204098570/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493083744484196373/975934111195729961/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493083744484196373/975933736791187466/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/493083744484196373/975933863085879316/unknown.png

In the SLs book he explicitly refers to himself as Forsaken.

1 Like

Now I want to play an Avoid Knight :smiley:

Player: Taste my wrath on my Avoid Knight!
Boss: Avoids the attack

1 Like

Because we were outright told by Blizzard about them in particular?

Calia isn’t Forsaken - she was resurrected with the Light, not a Dark Curse. So using the Light doesn’t hurt her.

Blizzard has stated that forsaken priests will eventually be driven insane by the Light due to the fact it would make them aware of their open wounds, maggots, etc.

2 Likes

Link, please?

What problems would they be and what sources do you have to back up this statement, Greatbrae?

1 Like

Technically void elves already have paladins. They’re called “rift blades” or w/e. They have mana and wear plate armor and when you use use an ID command on them it comes back as paladin.

1 Like