Is There Concrete Evidence That Light And Void Actually Causes Someone To Die In An Explosion Of Fel?

Although that’s odd that it’s not lore based and only gameplay based.

Translation: I don’t have a source, and I’m mad that I was called out and exposed for talking nonsense.

Then don’t cite it, it’s worthless then. If you can’t back it up - it :clap: doesn’t :clap: exist :clap:.

Keep going though - I love to cringe.

1 Like

Maybe not, but they could do something with it, since it at least exists in some form.

Maybe instead of full on Void Knight, they could do a mix of the two, forcing Light to work for them so that it looks like a mix of the two. I would be a cool spell effect.

2 Likes

The least we know is that it started out as an explosion. It’s what created the twisting nether and parts of the space we know in the world of warcraft universe.

Actually you are quite a bit.

The dev quote: “A lot of our boss concepts for Hellfire Citadel Began by imagining what would happen if we added fel energy to different parts of the Draenor ecology.”

meanwhile you are saying this:

The dev quote says nothing about the void or fel as a whole. All it’s saying is that it imagines what would fel variants of draenor creatures look like.

Many demons also are known for their use of void, even Demon Hunters use shadow/void magic.

1 Like

I know right? One less person to shut down your bad takes. It’s fish in a barrel sometimes - honestly.

Like I said, take the L and walk on.

One last time for the laughs:

LOL. :smirk:

There is a lot of stuff in the past saying Forsaken priests are only Shadow Priest in the lore.

As someone said, you know how annoying it would be gameplay wise? Sure canon can change but Blizzard did say recently they’re going to work on story to figure out certain class/race combos when they open up.

3 Likes

Alonsus Faol directly contradicts that I believe. Older lore I’m guessing?

1 Like

That’s why I said in the past, Alonsus being a Disc Priest is sort of more recent.

I’m talking Vanilla and BC here.

All I’m saying is Blizzard is working on figuring out how to make stuff like this work within the lore, they DID say in multiple interviews on multiple sites, that they want to open up all class/race combos, but wanna make story on how those that seem ‘strange mixes’ actually work out within their lore.

3 Likes

The better question for me is does it have to work in-lore for the player character? Post-Dragon Flight the player character is going to be referred to the champion of azeroth despite being a dracthyr locked on an island for thousands of years and BFA happening before the island woke up. The PC isn’t the pinnacle of lore already.

Ion has said it multiple times, I’m just going off of what he said…

2 Likes

Oh yea I know. I suppose they also need time to make animations for certain classes so using lore to stall is a thing I guess.

Yeah, with Druids and Shamans being the big one.

inb4 “Herpity derpity Pandaren Druid just goes on all fours for bear form huehuehuehuehue”

2 Likes

Works for me… who am i to question stuff people make up?

The people on GoodReads reviewing books?

Party pooper! :sunglasses:

You’re quoting two different things and not getting the full picture. Please read what was written.

Because:

And if you don’t stop him fast enough, he explodes and kills everyone.

I also explained this, because even Fel on its own is that volatile:

Using a power and being infused with it is entirely different.

As a one time Undead Holy Priest, I did my dissertation on the mechanics of why/how Undead were able to be Holy priests.

I won’t bore you with the details but it’s basically like how gravity bends light, such that you can direct light to a place without actually generating the light and even increase its impact (focus).

An Undead Holy Priest basically is a shadow priest that heals by taking advantage of the lensing effect that concentrated Shadow has on light delta particles as they pass information through the magic quanta.

Another way to say it is that there is no light without shadow.

We also see this when Alleria and Turalyon touch, and later when Turalyon goes through one of Alleria’s portals and is in visible pain.

As Amiya pointed out, if this was stated in the past - current lore fully contracts this.

Very true. That said, as far as I’m concerned, there’s no basis in lore for anyone to say my main or alt contradicts canon.

It wouldn’t be fair to many players, which I think Blizz realizes. My character exists within the game, I can roll a void elf holy priest right now and it’s as valid as any cookie-cutter combo. Like you said, it’s up to Blizzard to spell out how that works - not me, not you or anyone else. Until then, the proof is in the pudding - I can be a void elf holy priest or a LF shadowpriest.

To say it’s not canon, is headcanon.