Is the CC and mods delusional?

nods

I didn’t bother specifying it was for all Season 4 since I presumed that was understood to be known but oh well.

1 Like

No, it didn’t. The achievement initially made no specific mention of difficulty. The change they made was specifying that it had to be at least Normal. They did not replace the word ‘any’ with ‘Normal’ in this case, as the word ‘any’ was not initially present in the achievement.

Of course, it’s reasonable to infer that if no difficulty is mentioned, LFR would be included, but I just want to point out that the achievement never actually said ‘any difficulty’. Go back and look up the older version of the achievement somewhere and see for yourself.

Incorrect, it said ANY difficulty.

This is a lie.

You first.

Actually no the text literally said any difficulty in the meta achievements needed for the big achievement.

1 Like

I told you to look it up on wow.tools, but I’ll paste it here for your convencience.

69743	Achievement	15685	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Complete all three Fated raids on Heroic difficulty or higher in Shadowlands Season 4.
69743	Achievement	15684	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Complete all three Fated raids on Normal difficulty or higher in Shadowlands Season 4.
69743	Achievement	15682	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Defeat the following bosses on Heroic difficulty or higher while Sepulcher of the First Ones is a Fated raid.
69743	Achievement	15681	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Defeat the following bosses on anyNormal difficulty or higher while Sepulcher of the First Ones is a Fated raid.
69743	Achievement	15668	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Defeat the following bosses on Heroic difficulty or higher while Sanctum of Domination is a Fated raid.
69743	Achievement	15667	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Defeat the following bosses on anyNormal difficulty or higher while Sanctum of Domination is a Fated raid.
69743	Achievement	15664	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Defeat the following bosses on Heroic difficulty or higher while Nathria is a Fated raid.
69743	Achievement	15663	9.2.5.44730	 Valid	2022-08-02 00:04:06	
Description_lang	Defeat the following bosses on anyNormal difficulty or higher while Nathria is a Fated raid.

That is the entire fix they applied. It misses the color coding for what’s removed/added, but you get the gist. They also added “or higher” to Heroic, which makes sense as completing something on mythic tends to complete its heroic counterpart. Again, it’s only text they changed, not the achievement criteria.

2 Likes

Yep yep, here’s a post with the screenshot (I no Trust level 3) Excluding the Slime Cat from LFR is not Okay - #35 by Maizou-proudmoore

1 Like

Yeah I am kind of confused by the OP’s title. It seems to imply that the whole Council shares one opinion, while citing a thread made by a Council member against the limits on Slime Cat.

I am in the “let LFR have it” camp. Others are for it being limited to Normal and up. Others really don’t care.

The point of the Council was to have people from a wide variety of backgrounds and play styles. That is exactly how it is working despite the OP’s attempt to paint things as one hive mind.

Yes, the achievements that were part of the meta did replace ‘any difficulty’ with ‘Normal or higher’, but again, the meta itself never made specific mention of any difficulty.

So that’s not the code from before stating it couldn’t be completed on LFR?

Why would it need to if it’s complete x achievements, those would determine what people would need to do for it.

I mean the Glory or the X Raider achievements don’t list a requirement, but we know by looking at the list that we will need to do heroic for some of them.

1 Like

This is pathetically pedantic.

You got caught in a lie, move on.

I posted a specific CC post, in a thread that has more than then trying to justify the mount staying Normal.

It’s both the old and new text, with different color coding. Really if you wanna see it for yourself just go to wow.tools and look it up. But it still proves they changed nothing other than some text strings, not how the achievement works. So no, they did not change their minds and removed the achievement from LFR.

1 Like

A fair point, but I’d argue that it needs to these days because…look what happens when it doesn’t specify. lol

You’ll forgive me if I don’t believe you and a third party data mining site.

It’s not a lie, though. I’m pointing out that the meta never had any wording replaced, which some people seem to think happened. It had wording added because people initially got what was apparently the wrong impression from it, but nothing got changed with it.

It’s an automated tool dude. Seems we’re going deep into conspiracy territory here, don’t forget your tinfoil hat!

1 Like

Your title says “the CC” which means all of them. If you meant “an individual on the CC” or “some of the CC” then just say so. The fact that the thread against the change is made by a CC member on the CC forum is kind of proving the point - the whole CC is not in favor of the change.

I realize I am being a bit picky, but I get sick of people painting everyone with one brush when it is not remotely true. People online have terrible reading comprehension and take titles as facts. Your title is not remotely a fact. Oh, and Community Managers are not Moderators. The Forum Moderators are a subset of the CS/GM team.

I am against the exclusion of the mount from LFR too, but I dislike the premise of the thread to call out groups, inaccurately.

No one thought the META meant any difficulty though, we looked at the achievement list and saw that the 3 achievements listed for the META said any difficulty. So no the META doesn’t need to reflect it because no one based the “any difficulty” thought off of the meta.

1 Like

But…the meta achievements are what have the rewards. Of course people are going to look at the meta description. That’s why people are claiming that the meta got changed as well, even though it really didn’t. Point against Blizzard for causing this whole mess in the first place, since a lot of people have ended up confused and frustrated by it.

Which is goalpost moving to cover yourself, since stating “the achievement never said difficulty at all” as a REBUTTAL means you were talking about the achievements being talked about, which did say any.

You lied and it blew up in your face.

You’re the one playing around with 3p tools (it being automated is kinda irrelevant, your posts amount to “just trust me bro, have faith in father blizzard”, so yeah, not the most trustworthy I’m gonna say.

Fair enough, my apologies.

Ah I was unaware of this, I thought all blues were moderators/had moderation privileges/oversight so I said nods as short hand.