Excluding the Slime Cat from LFR is not Okay

Sure, a good number of our people probably will stop raiding once they get the slime cat, but I’ll be real surprised if we kill all the normal bosses by the end of week 3. We only raid 4 hours per week, some of these raids are pretty long, and we’ll have to re-progress a number of fights, even on normal. We’ve got one person in our roster who has never raided normal on any tier, and several who got their first AOTC on the Jailer and have no experience with Nathria or Sanctum. We’ve also got the new affixes to contend with.

Unless the tuning makes the raids far easier than expected, the fastest we can probably get the slime cat is week 6. That’s if we hold lockouts, which we probably won’t, because until we finish the three dinar quests, reclearing has huge value. I think we’ll probably get it on week 9, and then we may or may not have enough people to keep raiding, who knows.

The thing is, we like raiding. We love having a reason to get together and hang out and kill bosses together, but there still needs to be some kind of tangible end goal for us to have that happy feeling of being on a shared mission, doing this thing together. If one can get the slime cat in LFR on week 3, raiders are going to do that even if they don’t enjoy LFR, because they’d rather have the cat on week 3 than week 9.

If the Fated version of LFR opened up in stages, like one new wing each week, so that it took longer to get the mount from LFR, that would be fine. It would impact us minimally or not at all. But if it’s available week 3 from LFR and it’s gonna take us 6-9 weeks to get it from normal, people are going to take the fastest route to the mount even if they enjoy the journey less.

3 Likes

So you want others to not be able to get it on LFR, so you can keep some members playing for a bit longer on normal because you want to raid? This feels more like a hostage situation tbh.

If you want the cat mount and want it to be a challenge, do it on normal or heroic instead. If your members get it on LFR and quit playing, well then they weren’t really in it for the raiding in the first place :wink:

Look, either it’s going to be a difficulty thing or not. If it’s supposed to be difficult → mythic only. If difficulty doesn’t matter → LFR or higher. I get that normal is the best option for you, but that’s extremely unfair to people who don’t want to do normal raiding. Difficulty is not the reason because normal isn’t difficult. Compared to heroic and mythic, normal is just like LFR: a steam roll.

27 Likes

I think you didn’t read my last paragraph.

5 Likes

I did, I just don’t think it matters.

14 Likes

It should be available on LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic. There should be zero debates about this. There’s already an AOTC mount for organized content, the Slime Cat doesn’t fall under that purview.

50 Likes

For those replying here and in GD that it’s our fault for misinterpreting it. Please, tell me how we were supposed to interpret this:

The achievement that rewards the mount requirements are “Fate of Nathria” “Fate of Domination” and “Fate of the Sepulcher”. What happens when you look at those achievements? On, that’s right, it says any difficulty. To add further to it, the 2 achievements after it specify on heroic or mythic difficulty.

There’s no misinterpretation here. It says any, not Normal. Any.

THIS is a Normal or Higher Achievement:

Notice how it actually says Normal or Higher?

This isn’t misinterpretation. This is Blizzard stringing LFR players along for 3 months to get more subs, and then pulling the rug out from under us.

If the blue who announced it was not in LFR made a mistake, that’s fine, but he needs to tell us that. The radio silence on this is horrible.

73 Likes

I really thought Blizzard had turned the corner and were really starting to listen to feedback. No, they don’t have to listen to every thing, but when you have large swathes of people saying something isn’t fun, doesn’t feel right or is plain wrong, maybe you’ll want to listen to your actual player base instead of saying, “We tested it internally and found…” no one cares what you found by internal testing. Your internal testers don’t pay you money to keep your game afloat.

it’s decisions like this from previous Alpha/Beta feedback that constantly is falling on deaf ears that lets me see that not much has changed.

VERY, VERY disappointed in their lack of communication on many hot topics, feedback offered over the last 5-7 days. It shows me that nothing has changed and you can expect their vision to be the only one that matters no matter what.

51 Likes

I have yet to see anyone against this on the council. That should be the biggest hint honestly

18 Likes

but when you have large swathes of people saying something isn’t fun

I mean is a few hundred people really large swathes? Realistically, the communication was poor but it’s also a cosmetic reward that a player can work towards getting or not get at all. I’m sure some people think it’s cool and some don’t. There’s a lot of criticism to be had but this is such an odd hill to die on.

Not to sound condescending, but it’s sort of apparent the issue. But such an issue doesn’t merit a reward. The same issue comes forth with PvP and PvE rewards. Them having poor communication doesn’t mean we just get rewarded a mount. I personally know more people who assumed it was normal from the beginning, and some people assumed LFR.

2 Likes

Honestly I have no issue with it being tied to normal or higher. The reward structure for the raid is
Normal - mount
Heroic - title
Mythic - portals

IMO LFR exists as a gearing and storyline avenue, but is not a genuine raiding experience compared to Normal/Heroic/Mythic.

8 Likes

It also brings the community together. Like archimonde moose runs, etc. It’ll bring communities, events, etc together. Allowing people to get it from a format where it’s completely void of social interaction is not healthy for an MMO that already has so much solo content cosmetically. WoW needs more aspects like this that will bring all different types of players together.

4 Likes

Completely agree. Yes, people will buy boosts for it, but many other people will do a weekend normal fated run for the community.

3 Likes

The issue is not it being tied to Normal or Higher, which we have stated MANY times.

The issue is they KNEW the achievement said “any difficulty” for the PAST THREE MONTHS.

And now, instead of addressing this, they stealth changed the achievement TODAY, the DAY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS to say Normal or Higher.

This is EXTREMELY unacceptable, especially with zero communication on the matter.

They NEED to fix this, period.

Again, if a store advertises the wrong price, they honor it because they know if they lose customers over it, it’s a bad deal for everyone.

Blizzard only has ONE CORRECT COURSE OF ACTION right now, and it’s to allow LFR to get it, and be more mindful of achievements they add in the future to make sure they clarify Normal or Higher.

49 Likes

The Moose / Bird / Dragon runs were great, but what people seem to forget was that those were for 1 boss only , so they were very doable as a raffle in discord etc as they took like 5 minutes to 10 minutes or so per run. Having to do all 3 raids as a community event will be a lot harder, due to having to kill loads of bosses over several weeks.

Also, I assume the communities that ran these events in the past are probably busy gearing up to do the runs for the other raid mounts (from heroic), assuming they are still available in S4

29 Likes

As I said in General Discussion - if you want a Normal-only reward? Add a Cosmetic Remornia Sword.

People have been BEGGING for that for ages, and it’s the perfect time to introduce it. (We have Remornia as a pet, so it’s already player obtainable).

The Model Exists, all you’d have to do is hotfix it into an item and add it as an achievement reward.

Like it or not Blizz, you inadvertently promised the mount to LFR players for 3 months. To backtrack now would do nothing but show the playerbase beyond a shadow of a doubt that your plans to communicate more were a farce.

34 Likes

To throw my take in here.

The reward being Normal + is whatever. The issue is the inconsistency of communication. The achievement was viewable on the live game client and then changed with no notification (outside of people being eager and following forums/fansites).

So the standard player for this demographic would not be aware of that and feel somewhat deceived when they go to engage in this activity next week.

Should this reward be changed? Imo, no.

There is a ladder type of reward structure (obtaining everything from that rung and below) going on for Season 4 already, and I don’t think more steps need to be added.

LFR = Boss kill credit for Dinars & Vault
Normal = Mount
Heroic = Title & Heroic upgrade tokens
Mythic = Portals & Mythic upgrade tokens

Participation for LFR will naturally increase this season as a result of the upgrade tokens existing, so additional rewards do not need to be added. The carrot is already there.

10 Likes

It doesn’t bring the community together, it forces people to do something they don’t enjoy. Forced socialization is wrong and this feels more like a pity solution. These community “events” are also pretty much just people who actually decided to suck it up and stayed for the reward. Obviously this will occur and then seem like “people are rallying and socializing”, but this is nothing more than survival bias.

38 Likes

Yes, anytime the community needs to come together is forced by blizzard so I’m not really sure the point? Doesn’t change what it is.

And while yes it’s a bit harder to obtain, I already know of normal clears happening and planned weekly for the mount. So while it takes more time to achieve it doesn’t mean it won’t bring communities together.

2 Likes

I dont think the community should have to make up for mistakes from the developers

48 Likes

Exactly.

And 9.2.7 is still on the PTR. They have time to fix this mistake.

1. Leave the achievement as-is on live TEMPORARILY.
  2. Change the reward on the PTR for the Normal Achievement to a Cosmetic Remornia Sword. (Maybe even add longer Staff/2h sword Version so more classes can use it, like they did with the Dark Iron heritage weapons that don’t look like their normal weapon type) If this isn’t an “acceptable” reward - they have time to make one.
  3. Add a new achievement, awarding the Slime Cat, for any difficulty. Retroactively grant this for those with the Normal/Heroic/Mythic achievement.

Voila. Reward for everyone, and LFR players get the mount we were led to believe we’d get, normal players would have it exclusive for a bit, then get a new exclusive reward once 9.2.7 drops, as well as automatically being granted the Slime Cat mount cause it’ll be an achievement for a lower difficulty than the achievement they already have.

Win/win for everyone and minimal art/dev team requirements.

34 Likes