Is the CC and mods delusional?

The moose “friendship” run was 1 boss that grew organically around wanting to help people out.

This is 30 bosses spread over 3 weeks that literally got changed at the last minute (they FINALLY hotfixed the achievements that were live in game to exclude LFR, hours before the reset), do they think this act of whimsical spite is gonna turn the whole community into one big kuymbaya montage full of friendship building and happy fun times and not just sour and alienate large swathes of people who will want nothing to do with this due to the bitter taste in their mouth?.

Will people try to run Normal to get the mount? Absolutely.

Will people pay for runs to get the mount? Probably.

Will those people actually get the mount? That’s the question.

“Oh this is the greatest since they hotfixed LFR out I’m going to make so many new frens and we’re gonna order pizza and it’s going to be the bestest best moments in gaming evah!” issssss not gonna happen.

Moose: comradery

Slimekitty: pity and pays

45 Likes

One community manager’s wishes is not the same as company direction.
As much as Kaivax may hope for another “friendship moose” style community collaboration, that doesn’t mean Blizzard’s intention for restricting the mount reward has anything to do with that at all.

1 Like

My question still stands.

Yeah I cringed when they said friendship moose, one boss versus thirty XD, I get that some probably had to push all the way to the boss in some cases. Yet they also simply could generate infinite lockouts on heroic for the one boss so they didn’t have to reclear it. I find the LFR change to be silly as this upcoming tier literally isn’t going to be harder than heroic for the mythic difficulty for fights, and the affixes are going to dumb it down even more TBH. So it was pointless to even change it like they did, and then double down on it when they got called out for it.

3 Likes

You have three fronts. One that is opposed to blizzard, one that is in support of blizzard and one that is neutral. That comes to your surprise why?

1 Like

Naive if they think there’ll be a significant amount of “Friendship” runs, and not a bunch of “WTS Fated Slimecat Run!!!”

I try not to be cynical, but seriously…

14 Likes

30 bosses spanning a month.

A MONTH. What’s the payment plan even gonna look like for that nonsense?

2 Likes

As ridiculous as the concept of Friendship Month.

1 Like

Which question? You asked 3 rhetoric questions you answered yourself, and another about Blizzard’s opinion on the whole friendship thing.

Since the whole friendship thing is unlikely to be any intended goal it is hard to answer as they likely haven’t even given it much contemplation as a whole.

I was asking about the CC and Mods opinions, not Blizzard’s but I can see how that could have gotten jumbled in the OP.

Anti-boosting measures.

Isn’t a friendship carry a gifted boost?

Kind of. If you could structure to so people learn and fight and whatever then it’s a bit less of a carry than having people tag the boss and afk. Aotc mounts are one and done in terms of bosses, though, which makes them super efficient.

Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one and some peoples’ stink.

1 Like

I have a tinfoil hat theory that they removed it from LFR to force everyone into normal or higher, so they can then claim season 4 was a success because “look at the participation in raids!”

Just my theory tho :man_shrugging:t2::man_mage:

10 Likes

That would have been the same in LFR. And on the topic, why is it okay for Normal to have no distinct reward, but not LFR, which arguably takes less effort? Gear is higher? I can get higher gear from m+ with a fraction of effort. Normal raiding have been irrelevant for the better part of modern wow and now that it gets something, hell breaks loose.

I love it, they’re arguing so hard over a pixel cat.

These people call themselves casual, but they’re actually the biggest nerd of online video game.

2 Likes

… who in their mind is paying for a LFR carry???

Why do you all of sudden take the possibility that LFR had something as a personal attack? Where was the outrage in the months leading up to this?

It ALWAYS had it, the achievement said ANY for months, it was excluded from LFR, not Normal, within the past week.

Why aren’t you raging that Heroic and Mythic get it too?

Didn’t read context really. I meant the number of bosses in a month span. It’s the same in LFR. Seasoned normal or higher raider will get the mount faster than any LFR players would have.

Honest to god, I was completely oblivious to the existence of the mount, obtainable in LFR, and I’m fairly active here. It only blew up after Kaivax post.

Because they each also get their unique rewards? Heroic gets title. Mythic gets raid teleports. If LFR gets the cat, normal has nothing to show for their higher effort, beside gear that’s already dominated by End of Dungeon m+.

LFR should have had a reward, 100% agree with that. Should not have been shared with normal.

Could have given an remornia transmog to normal.

4 Likes