Is Melee Hunter going to be removed?

Hi friends,

I hope everyone is enjoying their friday evening

I see lots of people complaining and asking for the removal of Survival Hunter. Surv hunter happens to be my favorite spec and class in the game, im a casual player so idc if its meta or what i just like to slash stuff in melee with my pet by my side.

Anyway, seeing all the negativity towards my favorite playstyle definitely stinks, but its fair that other players dont like it, as it is quite different then the other hunter playstyles. What makes me scared is that so many people want it to be removed and im worried that one day blizzard will revert Surv hunter to a ranged spec. I know its silly but its always in the back of mind when i play, maybe im just reading the forums way to much.

What do you guys think? has blizzard removed something like this before?

Again, please enjoy your weekend and I wish you good luck on mount drops

Thanks,

Redi
Noob Survival Hunter Player

22 Likes

Never forget gladiator stance.

But nah, I think (or hope) that even if Blizz does want to remove survival as a ranged spec, they know theres enough of us who really enjoy the spec that they’d make a 4th spec to still be melee.

28 Likes

Thats the best news ever

1 Like

Unfortunately (but fortunate for you) I think melee Surv is here to stay.

14 Likes

Thanks for the response, im sorry that you dont enjoy it, I hope maybe there is a compromise some day where we get a 4th spec and so there will be 3 ranged ones again, then we can both be fortunate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was just being facetious.

Surv being melee is “whatevs” to me now. I don’t like the spec but I know people have wanted a valid melee spec for Hunters for many, many years. I’m BM 4 Life so I don’t care what they do to the other two specs.

8 Likes

Yeah, even though I really like survival, I’m forever locked into BM because I’m unreasonably attached to my hunter’s pet worm she’s had since WotLK.

2 Likes

No it’s not and I don’t think Blizz will ever revert it. Survival was changed for that exact reason, because it wasn’t really unique. It was just the third of three ranged bow specs with slightly different types of shot abilities. It was kind of redundant. They changed it to melee so it become the fantasy of a different type of hunter and to stand out as a more unique playstyle.

They’re not likely to go back on that. Spec overhauls are also highly polarizing things anyways, as you said yourself you’d be upset if they tossed it. And so would many others too. Blizz wouldn’t do changes of that caliber casually. And it’s almost pointless to do so if half the people like it and the other half hate it, either way. So it accomplishes nothing.

Players complain about a lot of things. Sometimes it is valid feedback and Blizz will consider it, but other times the answer is just going to be no. They don’t agree with ALL feedback. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The forums are also a tiny tiny fraction of players. Majority opinion over here doesn’t mean anything, I’m sure there’s many hunters in game who are enjoying and prefer melee survival.

12 Likes

Buddy you are hunter- you can dps on the move do mechanics at a range and still be on boss.
You are the only class that can do that…there are zero class who can do that.

Why the hell do you give up the best utility of being a hunter to be a freaking melee??Survival means lets go head first meleee?? :rofl:

Every one should kick all survival hunters from all groups , till Blizzard stops devolving the class :rage:

19 Likes

Because survival is fun.

17 Likes

It depends on how popular a spec it is as in how many people play it.

I have a surv hunter and I do like it but as I get older I find I prefer ranged over melee due to the world becoming fuzzier as I get older.

So Idk, I hope they keep it and I hope they can make it so it’s more popular, more try it but Idk really.
Time will tell.

1 Like

Blizzard already knew melee survival would be a niche spec that wouldn’t be overly popular among hunters and they didn’t care and did it anyway because that was their vision of what they wanted the spec to be. For them to revert it would be them admitting they made a mistake, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it being changed again any time soon. The rest of us have more or less gotten used to hunters being a two spec class, but I’d be lying if I said I still didn’t have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it because the old survival was my favorite spec by far before blizzard pulled the rug out from under it.

9 Likes

its OK not to like it, but saying to kick all survival hunters isnt very cool.

I like survival hunter for the RP aspects. I am a grizzled old orc rushing into battle with a polearm clutched in my hands and my trusty direhorn at my side, we fight together up close and personal.

The other melee classes dont have a theme that I like (im not a raging warrior, a stealthy assassin, or a holy warrior, im an old man living in the woods with a spear!) , i also think survival hunter is unique, I always want more games to let the animal class be melee focused. For example the ranger in guild wars is really cool and uses alot of melee.

11 Likes

I’m certain shamans are going “you think you have it worse?” And no OP, survival will not get removed.

1 Like

whats going on in the Shaman community? I thought people liked melee shaman

People do, blizzard doesn’t.

6 Likes

I think Survival will remain as it is. It is doing rather well at the moment.

1 Like

I hope not, my survival hunter is the most fun i’ve ever had as a dps in wow

I’m really excited for 9.2 survival

2 Likes

Wait until Bepples gets a say in this.

4 Likes

I really miss surf being hunter magic damage spec. I wish it still existed as such. I can’t play hunters anymore because I don’t enjoy specs and classes that are majority physical damage.

3 Likes