Is Melee Hunter going to be removed?

well they removed the original survival to make room for the melee one so yes. no spec is safe from blizzard. its not looking good for survival b/c nobody plays it.

7 Likes

2 Likes

I think it would be really cool if they removed survival as a melee dps spec (there’s FAR too many already) and made it a tanking spec. So still the same general playstyle and abilities but just make it tanky instead of high damage

If they ever put me in charge you can count on that happening, but seriously doubt it otherwise

2 Likes

You think you’re ready for them, but you don’t want that.

100%.

Making it a more melee-focused spec made it a little more unique, and regardless of what people think of it now, it needed to happen that way. Marksman and Survival were very similar specs “bac in the day”, and it was hard to distinguish the two (Beast Master was always similar to what it is now).

I know people hate it, but I think that’s partially due to the fact that it’s still not unique enough. They need to lean further into it being a full melee spec.

1 Like

I hope not, I personally enjoy melee survival.

2 Likes

Kinda of, Shaman that where can Tanking in Classic. But they can’t do Tanking in Cataclysm.

No.

/tenchar

I miss ranged survival. I loved mop survival. I would love to have it back. It is my all time favourite spec and time playing wow. I’m looking forward to Wrath classic just so I can experience it again.

15 Likes

IIRC BM was horrible in Wrath.

/sigh

I doubt survival would be removed at this point. If they’re going to do anything involving hunter, they’ll add a fourth spec with survival hunter’s former idea in mind back when it had been a ranged spec. But other than that? I doubt anything would happen.

Sometimes I think that a 4th spec for all the classes except Druids (they get nothing!) and DHs (they get a 3rd) would be cool.

Maybe Shadow healing or pure Holy dps for Priest.
Blood or Time magic for Mages.
Melee spec for Warlocks
Dark Ranger for Hunters.
Earth tank for Shamans
Ranged spec for Rogues.
Monk
 drawing a blank.
2h scythe spec for DHs (like that one chick)
Sword and board dps for Warriors
Ranged spec for DKs (necro) and Paladins (shockadin)

But then I also think that this could be a nightmare.

At this rate all melee is going to be completely removed from the entire game.

All I see are ranged. It looks like Star Wars in a BG.

1 Like

You mean you don’t like how most of the affix’s in M+ exist to punish melee players and are only a slight annoyance to ranged?

3 Likes

Always found it odd that Blizzard made Survival the melee spec instead of Beast Mastery. I know Survival could be used as a sort of melee Hunter back in the day, but the one major Hunter lore character we have that fights in melee is
 Rexxar, who is 100% a beast master.

6 Likes

I don’t think they know why they made survival melee either

7 Likes

Ehhh kind of. It’s hard to base classes off of big lore figures. Take Tyrande for example. She’s a a Priest/Warrior/Hunter or Sylvanas that’s a Banshee/Ranger.

Rexxar is half ogre which is probably why he hits things instead of shoots them.

1 Like

It’s doubtful they’ll revert Survival spec. Most of the “haters” of the spec, especially among hunters, are people who almost never specced survival when it was ranged. As others have pointed out, it was a redundant spec the other 2 performed better in, and while it still may not be a super popular spec to play, it’s more so now than it was when it was the neglected hunter tree.

Also, inb4 “but I played ranged survival” responses. I acknowledge there will always be exceptions, but it was objectively one of the least played specs of all classes since the game released.

1 Like

Somewhere (don’t know where it is), somebody mentioned about extra specs. I would not be opposed to extra specs. Druids have had four specs, for awhile. I’d like to see other classes with extra specs.

I’d love a Ranged Surv, again but still have the Melee Surv, for those that enjoy it.

I’d be intrigued to have an actual Battle Mage, in the game. Fix that with a fourth Mage spec. No need to alter the other three Ranged Mage specs.

If they did that, like they should, then you could just go play one of the other 2352352 melee specs in the game.

3 Likes