Is Light inherently more corruptible than Void?

Because we aren’t talking about the iron horde right now and even if we were, one attempted genocide doesnt not make a counter one right and 2 it sounds exactly like religious zealotry cause all religous violence is zealotry

1 Like

Not all religious violence is zealotry. Some is, but some is not. If a religious person punches someone in self-defense or to protect another, is that religious zealotry? Is a religious government inflicting a capital punishment on a serial killer or forced intercourse zealotry?

At worst Yrel and co are carrying out a cultural genocide, a lesser evil than the Iron Horde’s attempt to inflict a literal genocide on the Draenei (which Yrel is a survivor of) because of “rar-rar Heil the Orc master race!” position.

I’m not sure if Light is more corruptible than Void, but I think that’s less due to inherent propeties of the Light or the Void and more inconsistencies from the writers.

again once genocide does not make a counter one good. there is no lesser evil here just evil

3 Likes

What about my other questions?

your other questions are irrelevant

You’re saying that because they prove you wrong about religious violence in certain cases of self-defense or capital punishment. Maybe not here, but in your general attitude going by your comments.

No cause your questions are making up scenarios that are not the scenario that is being talked about,

If it’s just about WoW, then apply it to Yrel’s group fair enough, but you shouldn’t have made this generalization;

Why not, its a generalisation that is relevant to the premise, being that yrel began a religious crusade to exterminate a culture

Because that generalization is wrong, even in WoW.

Was Tirion Fordring practicing religious zealotry by fighting Arthas and the Scourge in the name of the Light?

Are Malfurion and Tyrande practicing zealotry by fighting the Horde and the Legion in the name of Cenarius and Elune respectively?

No cause they are not using violence to force their faith on others nor to enforce the rules of their faith on non practictioners

2 Likes

True, though they were doing violence in the name of their religions and the higher power/s they served… and were right and justified to do so in those case.

Then you just chose your words poorly when you said

As I’ve demonstrably proven that it is not.

okay anyway yrel and her lot are still zealots

Questionable, but likely and that’s worthy of discussion.

Only to you

1 Like

Other people being involved in this discussion too, and not all on your side, says otherwise.

then they are wrong as well simple as that

I’ve said that before in discussions. We’re not so different, you and I.

https://i.imgflip.com/8y0lgi.jpg

Incidentally the Titan Keepers were once mentioned as the Pantheon of Order.

In otherwords the Titan Keepers were likely first then got their hands on the Titans.

Once Odyn(who is stated to have had Loken and Thorim as Sons which is not something one would believe if Khaz’goroth created the Titan Keepers) got his hands on Khaz’goroth he had all he needed to create more Pantheon of Order Members!

They probably aren’t called Titan Keepers because they are caretakers of Worlds sent by the Titans but most likely because they are Pantheon of Order Members who secure and keep the Titans for the sake of Order!

1 Like

Tirion wasn’t going around demanding everyone follow the light and than starting a religious holy war over it should people say no

Yrel and her lightbound were religious fanatics who started a holy war to convert or kill the natives. Simple as that

2 Likes