Is Light inherently more corruptible than Void?

That was calling out Giru’s claim about religious violence - Tirion was practicing religious violence against the Scourge and he was right to do so.

Yrel and co had holy war started because they thought it was the only way to fix the problem of the dying world when nothing else worked.

Dislike it if you want, but you can’t pretend its mere intolerance or zealotry.

I mean its not pretending, there is no right justification for it

I wasn’t talking about justification, I was talking about motive.

I don’t think the scourge comparison works because you didn’t need to believe in the light to want to fight back against it. Arthas was quite open about wanting to overrun the world with zombies. There wasn’t any room to misinterpret what was going on there.

6 Likes

Believing you’re doing is right and saving people doesn’t not make you a zealot cause of course a zealot belives what they are doing is right

7 Likes

The Lightbound had the misguided belief that if they forced everyone to abandon their culture and beliefs that it would help, believing this not only does not make the belief correct it just makes them horribly zealous monsters.

6 Likes

Tirion still fought them in the name of his religion. And AU Draenor was dying, though they weren’t sure of the cause or solution.

While I’ll give you that, it still wasn’t out of selfishness and intolerance. And if they were RIGHT about it, it’d be a very different discussion. Sometimes the extremist is right.

Sometimes abandoning a culture or belief is the right thing to do; eg, Argent Crusade and Church of the Holy Light vs Cult of the Damned or the Horde’s demon-worshipping days.

I don’t think someone can be both misguided and a monster.

No Thadeus a cultural genocide is never correct no matter how much you or anyone twists yourself in circles to justify it, and its fine that you don’t think that, but again like always you are wrong

4 Likes

Abandoning your own culture because the local extremists demand you do so is never the Right thing. Culture genocide is never justifiable, as much as you wish it to be

4 Likes

Every magic type is corruptive. Some just put on a prettier face(Light, Order) to convince people to be corrupted and others just go straight for the corruption.

Maybe you should follow your own words if you actually believe this.

5 Likes

Tell that to the globalists. In WoW, tell that to the Iron Horde and the Forsaken. There’s also some who’d call the Alliance internment camps for the Orcs a cultural genocide.

I wonder whether you’re taking side on Israel vs Palestine with that attitude. In WoW, didn’t you support Garrosh and Sylvanas?

Here I thought you were done with personal attacks. If not, right back at you. Back on topic, I’m curious what you think of the Iron Horde, the Burning of Teldrassil and you know some would call the Alliance interment camps for the Orcs a cultural genocide.

I think I’m misreading, but what does burning Teldrassil have to do with culture?

3 Likes
  1. Do you really want to drag real world events into this, don’t you always get upset at people for doing that
  2. i did side with sylvanas i did so with full knowledge that she was evil and i did it out of spite for the story direction
2 Likes

I am going to entirely ignore where this thread went and talk towards the topic.

I would say the reason it is far more common to see light fall to void than void fall to light is their fundamental natures.

Proverbially speaking, there are a million doors to the void, but there is only one to the light. I think it comes down to that, really.

However, even then, Locus Walker did note that he had realized every instance of the Light succumbing to the Void had been due to mortal intervention… so it might not be as common as it seems, its just we are a TERRIBLE influence on the shiny angelic chandlers.

1 Like
  1. It wasn’t me who did it first here. And do you complain when other people do that, or just me?
  2. Ever consider maybe I’m siding with Yrel for the same reason as you sided with Sylvanas?

You might be onto something there.

The Burning of Teldrassil has also been called a genocide or attempted genocide, so that wasn’t so much about culture.

1.No i’m down to play that game, you usually just get pissy about it
2. No because unlike you i still acknowledge that what they did was wrong

1 Like
  1. Depends on that situation. But if real-world events are fair game, I’ll play along (two can play at that game).
  2. If I acknowledged what Yrel did as wrong but sided with her anyway, what would you say to that?

The Light vs the Void seems to be another victim of past bad writing. They’re starting to get more consistent now, but there’s too many plot holes still.

its really not bad writing at all, its been consistent since vanilla wow

Really?

Originally the idea was Naaru when full Light were good and bad when they went Void in BC. Though good when fully Light the Naaru aren’t infallible. Then the toxic lead devs behind Legion stuck their grubby, breast milk-stained fingers into that lore.

Plus, we have stories of Naaru turning Void but not of Old Gods turning to the Light. And this “one path for the Light” lore is contradicted by Lightforged Draenei being able to use arcane magic, which is another cosmic force; the cosmic forces are all supposed to be in some giant free-for-all, according to that same lore.

They’ve been doing a sloppy job with the lore for ages, especially to keep their lore straight. Let’s all drop the copium and call a spade a spade.