Is Blizzard ever going to address the bad implementation of the Community Council?

It’s also because Blizzard has directly told us, that if we agree with a post, we should also just ‘‘like’’ the post. So instead of writing ‘‘Yeah, I agree’’ if you have nothing else to add to the topic.

1 Like

That is a core function of the Discourse forum software, it does not actually stop you from viewing their posts, or putting them on Ignore. It just makes it harder to check. I think the big thing it does from a privacy standpoint is keep people from seeing the last online type stats.

I do regularly help folks put people on Ignore who have hidden profiles. Google serves up their posts nicely.

To ignore a hidden poster go to your own profile > Users > Ignore and add them by charname-server. It will autofill for you even. Set a time frame and done. We can even Mute whole threads and make the vanish from the forum list using the tracking drop down at the bottom left of a thread. Set it to Mute.

So by that I mean to say I don’t think that feature is getting removed. Esp given EU privacy regulations may play a part.

:joy: :rofl:

Oh I needed a good laugh today.

Glad for any member that engages inside the council - totally agree on that. We usually also engage in topics we not so firm with or not highly invested in to give a more casual take on it. I believe it’s good to have a balance of fully invested persons and those who might engage in it from time to time, like in your RP example.

And likes isn’t a good metric either if there’s a portion of players even within the council that don’t use that forum section.

It’s a difficult topic, how to create and maintain a good feedback tool, I expected better improvements after almost 3 years.

Basically the Council is more RNG haha because We’ve a random sample from the playerbase, 1 year could have more threads about X topic compared to the next one…etc

I don’t know the right solution but it feels like it’s failing its goal, the community and the players selected.

Trueee, I constantly see players complain that someone is talking about Mythic raiding for example when they don’t do mythic raiding, even if they don’t do it, there’s some feedback there, it could have a different value for Devs but its still important.

Yup, plus that the entirety of the EU can’t respond or like a certain topic, the forums were already a small fraction of the player base, but with this, it’s even more.

1 Like

:rofl:

I’ve been called a lot of things in my days. But conspiracy poster is a first. New achievement unlocked. To the conspiracy mobile!

1 Like

The forum isn’t a good representation of what the average player wants.
Also what a delusional take that people working for free need a quota. Nice trolling

I’ve always seen it as a void into which players can spew their hatred into.

1 Like

It’s the only representation with real human input available, if Blizzard should disregard anything said on the forum because it doesn’t have good representation then, once again, they should remove this CC nonsense.

If the program is considered work then maybe they shouldn’t have signed up for it. Also, nowhere did I mention a quota, nowhere did hint about one. I just know that 232 posts in a solid year is slim pickings.

I remember the days when people actually knew what trolling was.

the council was an attempt to show action on any number of bad PR problems they had at the time.

it never had any real purpose and with the change in ownership is pretty much done for…

no slight on those involved…

MS seems to be awfully good at gauging and responding to customer issues…

My friend, How you worded it made it seem to suggest a quota needed to be hit in order to be eligible to be considered a valid poster and their opinions be heard.

2 Likes

100% wholeheartedly agree.

1 Like

They even have “REGERTS” about it.

1 Like

lol did they actually make a comment about that?

If true they’d shut the forum down if they could get away with it.

But then they could be accused of not valuing player feedback.

2 Likes

Yes I do not doubt that they’re aware and want it but it’s been a long time at this point. Having a list of “stuff they’re aware” could probably help but that would probably be some titan work.

Even if CMs and Devs are busy, Why don’t create threads for the main topics in the last patch? Maybe, If we open discussions now, We could get a better Love is in the air next year…or improvements if required in the last DF cup…etc

You’re leaving the Council members to create and create threads for anything and there’s a lack of interaction that leads to that kind of thread doubting your involvement with the player base.

I’ll be worry why a player selected feel like it’s not being heard…Its not the first thread about it, its a continuous issue, therefore; anything done the last time isn’t working.

/gestures wildly all around us

I’d say my biggest hot-button issue as what I think of as a “hardcore casual”, someone who doesn’t dedicate any time to elite competitive content and only does the bare minimum amount of grouped content, always queued, but will generally put in a lot of time to slow PvE open world grind zen content, is the current design philosophy of a breakneck patch cadence combined with the open world event-based content only being possible to complete expediently in large groups leading to either missing out or burnout from open world players.

If you don’t get in on the new events and grind through them COMPLETELY in the first couple of weeks, it’s close to impossible to get them done after that point because the rares don’t scale down to solo players and what little catch-up is done for small groups in whatever points MacGuffins is being gathered currently isn’t enough to get one or two players past the first gathering bar.

Compounded by the fact that usually that content is bugged for at least the first couple of weeks, if not indefinitely. The scaling goes all out of whack for bigger groups on more populated servers. The Dreamsurge has a route where the middle part autocompletes so you rarely get all three rewards. I was going hard at the Archivist stuff until I realized that higher rep levels get you literally nothing, not increased currency rates, not unlocks or additional transmog, it’s just one part of getting a title. I took a break for a week or two to recover from the burnout and now the area is always empty when I go out there.

It’s bad design. I hate that even outdoor world content is pushing forced grouping. In previous expansions, I could pick at endgame busywork grinds for pets, mounts, transmog at my own pace but now if you don’t blitz it immediately you’re pretty much out of luck.

Let’s see, what else…

• Transmog restrictions are nonsense
  • You should be able to get achievements in LFR, we’re not there because we’re being punished or something, and just generally the view of the playerbase AND the developers that someone is generally just bad or wrong for being in LFR could use an adjustment
  • The trend in the Trading Post of going from the monthly endcap being “the best thing” you can get in a month (as stated by the developers) to a battle pet recolor or a minor transmog item is chafing and feels like a mercenary form of future-proofing the Trading Post against having to create so many new items in the future
  • I’d like to see all the RP servers merged. That would cause a riot but if people can go on there and say that they want a duck mount, I can say the nonsense thing that I want too
  • Loot drops across the board, in all forms of content, are ridiculously low. There was a GDC conference by a developer on Diablo some years back who said that they discovered that you really can’t over-reward your players, especially when it’s in ways that are just fun and cool rather than increasing player power. Tightening the screws on the Skinner Box is burning people out and setting us all at each other’s throats. It’s especially egregious in limited-time events like holidays, though, and “first drop of the day is a higher chance” doesn’t feel any better when it’s an increase from a .02% drop to a .04% drop (doubled, wooooooow)
  • On that subject, reintroducing Need-Need-Need rolling for loot was a massive blow to the casual player community. It doesn’t matter how the math works out where you’re 0.00002% more likely to see a drop of something you can actually use, it feels bad and is damaging to player perception of the game if you sit there and watch a highly-geared person roll on and win loot that would be an upgrade for you because they’re there collecting the same pieces they already have but in green. Or worse, that person rolls Need, then turns around and asks who wants to buy the item that they won.
  • iLvl scaling fundamentally goes against the entire core game loop of a MMO and needs to be abolished yesterday, especially in legacy content
  • The lack of support for people who like to go back and run legacy content to collect appearances, transmog, pets, mounts and other rewards has been fairly appaling considering how many people do that for their primary gameplay. It seems like there’s been a shift to make old content “evergreen” instead and require that people group up to plonk at a badly scaled boss for 5 minutes until it finally keels over out of boredom.

…I could go on. I probably would. And to be fair, some of the stuff in all of that has come up at one point or another but it usually either didn’t get traction or faded quick because the forum just isn’t that active.

2 Likes

I have 15 more days to be worthy in your eyes :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like