Is Blizzard ever going to address the bad implementation of the Community Council?

Yes they’re leaving a lot of the work to the CC members without much to go on or to go for^^ Just saw that news it’s nice that they’re doing it, I’m personally happy they’re doing this as not doing it seems like we would just get less.

Time to start posting in the Fomo threads.

Good ol’ count to 100 threads back in the day will help too :thinking:

I don’t agree with every point you brought up, but you did put together a well organized and well communicated list.

I do agree with most of them though :slight_smile: I know I talked about the old content access when I was there, because taking away the ability to solo that would be terrible for the game. Pet and transmog hunting, old achievement hunting, recipe hunting, is a thing many people really enjoy and taking that away would be horrible. It gives people so many things to do during a lull in content, or if they don’t raid.

1 Like

As someone that feel completely the contrary I feel that content pushing people together is a good thing. While for sure zones are more deserted after I feel that’s a different problem they could solve. A bit of the same issue when it comes to making raid soloable later on. I wouldn’t expect raids to be soloable early on but later on they do some balance and they become easily soloable. Having a fixed date when that happen that they will respect for me would work fine.

I think opening those up make sense when it comes to more casual clothing. I still would feel awkward about mages using plates or plate sets that are iconic to another class.

You should’ve known that the community council was just a PR move. Blizzard is still trash

5 Likes

I’ll provide my own point of view about some topics.

I agree and I think there’s already some threads about this in the CC, I’ll have to check…it doesn’t matter if you’re plate or cloth now players look like magical girls, then a plate class should use any cloth for transmog and any close could use plate IMO.

I don’t see this as something that should be a priority or the amount of players that required this, since most achievements required a lot of coordination for a random LFR group, therefore; achievements is something that a player can complete in future patches / expansions. maybe better tools to improve the collector community.

Anything is valid…within the forum rules.

Agree for cosmetics and player power…there’s so much space for improvement but Devs want us in the hamster wheel. We already got a fated season with Dinnar system…We know that they can enable vendors like a tournament realm, they only want the “jackpot” feeling that leads to a frustrated experience for others.

Some example of Evergreen content being boredom? I agree that Legacy needs more support, We don’t have any BFA update yet…Why Nzoth still requires a legendary cloak? So many bosses have 1 shot mechanics that kills the legacy grind or requires to find a whole group and that’s difficult for some legacy content.

I’d like to see those threads in the CC and then players interacting like this…but it doesn’t work like that…

For sure.

nah

But you’re still paying them a sub to play? :thinking:

1 Like

It feels like they don’t want to have lulls anymore. And that’s a concept that I find unsettling, that they don’t trust that people will go and catch up on other stuff that they’ve been wanting to do and will unsub for a while until the next patch.

I used to assume that they have the data behind the scenes that supports something like “If we put out a million patches in a year people will stick around longer” but I don’t think they can trust their data anymore, I think they put core game loops in stuff that they want to have people do instead of giving people options and letting them pick what they want to do. In the former scenario they can’t trust the data to tell them what people actually like or are likely to do because they’re designing to the numbers, not the other way around.

Not by force, nah. People play solo in MMOs for all kinds of reasons. Having it be open to player choice instead of requiring one method over the other nets you the most subscribers.

There are already plate-looking sets you can transmog as a cloth wearer. There are cloth sets you can transmog as a plate wearer. There’s hardly a point to strictly limiting armor type appearances anymore. As an example, this is my Death Knight:

Imgur

This is my Warlock, plausibly dressed as a Paladin even without the Stormwind Guard set:

Imgur

Those are allied race heritage armor if I’m right. Dark iron also have one of those and it’s thematic to a point that those work this way.

People play solo for many reasons but mmorpgs are rarely designed for solo players mainly.

If you want the most players you make a mobile game and I don’t think this makes it a better game. I think mmorpgs at this point are niche made for a niche crowd.

Someone didn’t play Shadowlands and its a very telling sign.
The first image is from a covenant, available to all armor types/classes/factions.

None of the images they posted utilizes any heritage armor.

1 Like

The set the Death Knight has on is the Revendreth rep reward cosmetic set. It’s not restricted to a class or race.

The Warlock’s set is just bits and pieces, some cosmetic from various sources (none from the Void Elf racial set) and some just cloth pieces that turned out plate-ey for some reason.

I played a bit of Shadowlands. Covenants tmog were not really a thing I watched a lot. I’m not that big on tmog train. I’ve been using the same tmog since BFA.

But yea those also “breaks the rule” but were about identity again which probably justify them breaking the barriers.

While a lot of sets were made with the classes that played them mainly.

YES! All this. Pacing of content is something that is really hard to do right. I know that for example the Diablo Immortal pacing of a new Season every month, events nearly every week, 2 week patch cycles, etc. I could not keep up. I burned out fast because I am not a mobile player and just take my time of stuff.

WoW was sometimes too long between content, and that was valid feedback too.

I don’t want WoW to go months with nothing, but I don’t want to see it turn into Immortal pace either. Then the FOMO kicks in hard and people get stressed.

The part about numbers is important too. Just because people DO something and the engagement is good does not mean they like it.

2 Likes

Dragonflight S2 Priest armor? Looks more like it’d fit a Paladin than a priest.

1 Like

I mean just S1 was a bunch of rocks tier sets. If you ask me those weren’t great.

Just went to check it yea it’s a pretty weird tier set. Still mostly cloth but yea Idk I don’t particularly feel a priest vibe from it or like it.

Pardon my query, Why the focus on new things only?

There’s so many threads about old things.

I already mentioned this legacy content…

The last update about this was June 2023

I don’t know if I’m being to pushy about it but its almost another year without fixes to old content regarding legacy.

Its like my thread about PvP prestige honor system that was posted by Cyrios

That system was implemented in Legion…last update BFA pre patch that was launch July 2018…almost 6 years ago.

Kaivax reply feels like if there’s not content in the PTR, there´s not anything to talk about it…provide feedback.

I love my battle priest, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’ve done the priest campain in Legion and let me tell you the only battle priest you see is the one hiding behind a paladin :wink:

1 Like

Brave of you to use this. KEKW