Is Blizzard ever going to address the bad implementation of the Community Council?

I hope you’re not going to try and tell me that generally people with a high post count all have constructive posts?

Even in my 232 I have probably a dozen or more posts that aren’t constructive.

1 Like

So he’s not allowed to hold discussions on his native forums? He HAS to post only on the NA forums? :dracthyr_lulmao:

If that is the case, then my guess is there is a larger share of the population playing SoD than retail. I may not like it, but it is what it is.

I didn’t say it was, I find it sad when people dedicate their lives here. But I’d expect more than 232 posts in a solid year for someone who’s on the CC, friend.

Really? /10

Why? That’s basically 20 posts every month in what is essentially a one-way discussion with developers. Why would they post more if there is nothing more to post until a response happens?

1 Like

Have you ever looked at how slow the Council forum is? Talking for the sake of talking does not add much. They don’t have lounge threads, off topic threads, casual chit chat threads like GD does. Threads there are short and there are only a few a week, if that.

3 Likes

232 posts, 1.3k likes, 4 meetings with the developers, a lot of discussions on Discord and feedback on how to improve this ‘‘project’’.

I don’t often like to toot my own horn, but I think I did all right. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Might as well throw this on the CC too. What about removing likes on the forum? They do not serve discussions and people like to use sockpuppets to further their points by liking their own posts.

I’d expect it to be slow when there are so few active CC members.

Which is, btw. good because this way feedback stays a bit more visible. It doesn’t help anybody if I post just for the sake of posting - If I have a thought I might want to add, I add it.

1 Like

It’s good for CC members to be inactive because it’s less feedback to sort through? lol

Numbers have a role in the whole discussion about how the council works, as I mentioned before there’s a lack of response from Blizzard compared to the threads created by CC members, but that’s just a factor, if you do good quality threads that could provide more that big numbers.

As Cyrios has donde during his time in the council, At the end the tool is being miss handle by Blizzard, it feels just bad for the parts involve.

I’ll still consider that the main focus of the Council was a forum section and that Blizzard should do something about several players that don’t create or interact at all in that forum, the GD community doesn’t have access to the discord or other channels, if those CC members only use those. So a matter of number of replies/threads should be important for reapplying or checked more often, since there’s more players that could use that opportunity better.

1 Like

You seem to have misplaced many points in this thread where there is a very limited count of us. At most we are only 100 people. We’re not the GD where thousands of people post the same topic 5 times expecting different results.

That’s not what I wrote or intended to say, my hidden friend. It was tended to the post frequency, not the activity. There are sure some dead corpse lying inside the council.

1 Like

I’d think less posts indicates a loss of meaning for any CC members to bother posting.

They should just make me a CC member for all its worth.

This will get resolved by changing the forum to work like the rest of the Blizzard forums with one account - not treating each char as a separate account. One post count, one post history, one set of likes, one set of flags, single account wide Ignore, one trust level, etc. There is a whole thread about it that is over 10k long. The issue has been raised up the chain in the proper places and is in the works so to speak. When it happens is anyone’s guess given priorities, but yeah, that will be dealt with.

Edit - exactly how they will change it I don’t know. I don’t think we lose our avatars/transmogs though. I only know what they have posted so far and it could be a long wait, so I am not holding my breath. Blizzard does not make the forum software so they need the software vendor to revise the custom WoW modifications they put in back in 2018.

5 Likes

Can we get rid of keyboard warriors hiding behind hidden profiles too?

1 Like

Also numbers are low because there’s a big % of CC members that don’t participate and a huge number of ignored threads, I hope Blizzard consider their participation in some form but there’s not a magic a number of post.

Imagine if the current batch of players, only 10 care about roleplay and from those only 1-2 are active, it won’t provide a space for replies in order to increase your post metrics.

That’s why I said its like GD but with a really small sample that doesn’t provide the opportunity to feel like an alive forum.

I can’t like my NA posts with my EU character :cry: