Ionar one shotting everyone in TW

I had to reque cause we couldn’t kill the 3 boss because of one shot ability from Ionar. The Nexus also had one shot abilities.

1 Like

Stop taking avoidable damage

Ez game

We managed to kill it after three tries. The dot is ticking for like 10k. It’s wild.

Wow, really?

The dungeon journal is there for a reason, you know.

That’s the problem : Ionar’s isn’t avoidable.

The dungeon journal doesn’t change anything.

Can people please learn what’s going on first before making snarky comments? It would be really helpful.

8 Likes

The journal is there as a placebo to make you feel better about failing a mech with no counter play.

1 Like

Yeah…I know what Ionar’s supposed to do and have known since Wrath. This isn’t it. Something’s up.

5 Likes

Yep. And yet we have people in here basically like, “hur dur git gud!”

:woman_facepalming:t4:

For more information for others, it’s also in Bug Reports:

8 Likes

Looks like a scaling issue. A couple of Ionar’s abilities do 10K damage and in my pugs at least most players were 5-7K max health. So if you get hit it’s a one shot.

1 Like

This might be the one week I’m okay with procrastinating in regard to the TW weekly. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I was really looking forward to spamming it with DMF buff to level my Pally. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guess there is no point in starting my warrior alt now.

It’s bugged, tough guy.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it amusing if the bosses in retail Tw Wrath this week were “copy and pasted” from classic where we have an extra 10 levels of stats? (70 in retail vs 80 in classic)

Hasn’t WOTLK timewalking been in the game for a long time now? How did they manage to suddenly break it when nothing changed?

2 Likes

I blame Dave from accounting.

4 Likes

3 Likes

We encountered the same problem. If you still keep the trinket Beacon of the Beyond in your bag, I would like to suggest equipping and using it in phase 2 before bliz fixing it. We made it in 2nd try.

1 Like

I’m at work for another 2 hours…guess I know to not try to do timewalking tonight. LOL.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking too. :dracthyr_heart: