Input (Keyboard/Mouse) issues since 10.1, character stuck running

Like many others, I’ve been playing with strafe on mouse button 4/5 for years. Changing that means completely relearning how to play…that’s ridiculous. I don’t use the keyboard to move. My toon sometimes getting stuck running sideways makes it impossible for me to play in a group setting, since I can end up standing in stuff, getting killed, or walking off an edge. I got a new mouse today trying to fix this issue, and finally found this forum. Please fix.

3 Likes

Replaced my Razer mouse today, and bound the 4/5 buttons to keyboard keys as suggested. It seems to have fixed the issue. I hope! Thanks for the suggestion.

I still am getting this mouse issue. It’s occurs after using a portal, leaving an instance, etc. I use 2 monitors and once it happens I actually get stuck running or bumped from WOW and I can’t even click on the screen to get back to WOW Does this have anything to do with the automatic “upload to DF” pop up window after using a portal, hearthing , etc. My brother hasn’t upgraded his account and he gets this pop up screen all the time.

1 Like

I think this may be a separate issue as I have also experienced this. Sometimes after dying and releasing in Aberrus, my mouse disappears and I am unable to manipulate it at all or get it back. The only way to fix it is to reload.

Hey all! I finally found a quick fix to this. Download an app called mouse manager. Get it free in 30 secs off cnet. It lets you bind mouse button 4 and 5 to any keyboard key. Then open game and change the game setting for strafe to whatever keys you bind it to. It worked perfectly, instantly. What a pain in the butt this was.

2 Likes

I experience similar issues as well. I have pots bound to Shift and a mouse button which ive designated as “;” in Logitech software. Sometimes when I press these buttons just before a key is activated in M+ and the new timer is set before the dungeon starts, my mouse will disappear and the only way to resolve is by doing a reload. This never happened prior to patch and it seems to happen more frequently in Vortex Pinnacle

2 Likes

Adding my own info here - this is definitely happening on 10.1 but not in classic.

To reproduce: I have my strafe left bound to M4, my autorun bound to M5 and my backpedal bound to middle mouse button. If I press any of them by themselves, there is no issue. If I press strafe or backpedal plus right mouse button (how I usually control my character) the key becomes sticky (ie needs to be repressed before it goes off).

I have tried getting a new mouse and that did not help. This completely changes the way I play please help.

1 Like

Same movement setup here, and same problem getting stuck in auto strafe with camera locked, can’t click anything even mouse cursor does not show. It’s like the mouse connection to the game dissapears and the game is just doing what it was doing when it went away.

Iv’e found alt tabbing out, clicking on another window, and then going back into wow fixes it sometimes.

1 Like

Even on the new PTR 10.1.5 still have this issue

1 Like

Thank you - X-Mouse-Button Control is working well for me! So good getting control back without having to change what I click. I made a donation to the author :slight_smile: - and thanks for the config tips.

1 Like

Hopefully a fix will be coming out soon for this, having to rely on 3rd-party applications (most of the tree ones look sketchy…) isn’t ideal. And also ruins movement in other games.

2 Likes

3rd week of the patch and this still isn’t fixed… bump

I didn’t realize there was a main thread about this kind of topic, but I posted this in another related thread. I’ve seen mixtures of inputs sticking like this from cameras getting stuck, to losing strafe control, to having autorun get stuck:

I have had this problem since vanilla. I still use my numpad keys to move, as I did back in my FFXI days and trying to strafe and turn will often cause this for me. Annoying af, and seems to have gotten worse.

Hey Jambrix.

Any updates on this ? It’s been 3 weeks.

This bug has been fixed.

Verified it’s no longer happening on the latest build, 10.1.0.49801.

Anyone that was affected can try removing any workarounds and revert to their normal mouse movement, should be good now.

7 Likes

Can confirm this seems fixed after removing key remapping app!

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.