Right Click/Camera sticking

I had this, or something related to this, happen in Teldrassil. I was walking forward holding down LMB+RMB as I entered the pink portal thing to go down to the docks. When I came out below, my character was still running forward even after I left go of the buttons. The only way I could get it to stop was to re-press LMB+RMB and then let go again. I’ll try to see if I can get a clip of it in a bit.

As a developer, this seems like a pretty simple input state or bool latching issue. The portal transition isn’t making the client wipe the state of the keyboard/mouse inputs and isn’t wiping the state of things like autorun, which would force the user to re-input again.

I’ve noticed this a few times this expansion where if you’re performing similar actions and enter into an instance, you’ll continue autorunning inside. I think I’ve also noticed this happen when you autorun/lmb+rmb into a portal and then alt+tab out during the loading screen. There was also the weird strafe issue when landing with dragonriding mounts where other inputs wouldn’t respond until you manually cleared them by performing an action like autorunning.

Moral of the story is that the client should ALWAYS wipe the last state of the movement/camera inputs on any form of transition like this: Portals(load screen), teleports(A=>B no load screen or brief flash of one), landing from dragonriding, etc etc.