Input (Keyboard/Mouse) issues since 10.1, character stuck running

Hi.

I use A/D + Mouse thumb buttons to strafe. Often with both mouse buttons down to move forward while strafing. I will

Since 10.1 today, sometimes my character gets stuck running, even after I get my hands off keyboard and mouse.

Definitely not a hardware issue, both devices are fairly new and work fine in other games. It was also working fine yesterday in 10.0.7

I’m trying to find an exact pattern to reproduce, but it seems quite random. I’ve tried enabling / disable rawMouseEnable, that did not help.

Mouse: Logitech G703
Keyboard: Das Keyboard 6

6 Likes

Ok I can finally reproduce it 100%.

Start strafing with mouse thumb button (left or right, doesn’t matter), then left (or right) click. Character is stuck running forever even if you completely take your hands off your mouse.

5 Likes

I’ve got the same issue - I use mouse button 1 & 2 for L & R strafe plus up & down movement and all disabled. screen rotation w/o movement also disabled. Just started with 10.1 release today

3 Likes

Hey there,

We are not seeing widespread reports of anything like this atm. That doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue but you may have unique keybinds setup atm that is causing some sort of conflict.

My back thumb button on my mouse by default is bound to autorun.

Go in game and into the options menu, open up keybindings and take a screenshot of your movement key binding. Post it here in a reply so I can see what exactly is set to what and see if I can replicate it.

I use default keybindings. More details to this - Mouse button 1 & 2 appear disabled in-game. Cannot open/close (with either button) Chat box - General/Combat Log, cannot minimize Quest Box, etc. I did notice that in Edit Mode the Minimap HUD is massive in scope/scale (whole screen) and not allowing interactions with the Chat Box & Quest Box. Minimap is also locked dead center - upper part of the screen.

1 Like

I’m having similar issues with my mouse. I cannot use 1 & 2, can’t pan around or move with the mouse. Can’t click on NPCs or players. Cannot open vault or banks. Tried on multiple characters, reloaded ui, rebooted computer, updated all addons 2 extra times. I also can’t move my mini map from the middle of my screen. I use the default ui, and only a couple of addons. (DBM, Cliq, WA)

If you are not getting stuck auto running and instead are seeing various ui/edit mode issues, it would be better to post here and try the resolution mentioned by multiple people in the thread.

I am having similar issues. I use left+right mouse buttons to move my character forward then the 2 side mouse buttons to strafe. Trying to strafe triggers an autorun/strafe and makes it very difficult to have full control over my character. I have auto run keybound to Numpad* and the secondary keybind is completely unbound.

Have tried-

1. Resetting all keybinds to defaults then setting them back up again.
  2. Bought a new mouse.
  3. Updated all drivers.
  4. Disabled all addons.

None of these worked.

2 Likes

Here are my keybind settings: https://i.imgur.com/4Flygz5.png

I have no addons enabled at the moment (besides Weakauras, disabling it makes no difference)

Edit: Just want to mention that again, this does not happen in other games where I have a similar setup, and was working perfectly fine until 10.1. Just in case this makes the search for what could have caused it less wide.

1 Like
1 Like

It is 100% something that came with 10.1. I was having this issue on the PTR 11 days ago but when logging into live servers at the same time, I was not having these issues on the live servers.

5 Likes

Same issue here… I strafe with mb4 and mb5 and it keeps getting stuck on strafing one direction until I tap the same movement again. Worked perfectly last night before the patch, now I can’t play until there’s a fix

adding some more info, I use a logitech g pro superlight wireless, and I’ve only had it for 2 months, replacing my old superlight wireless.

I have tried:
-Different usb port for mouse
-Firmware/Software update
-Using old superlight mouse
-Restarting PC
-Reinstalling WoW
-Launching PC in safe mode with only WoW allowed
-Physically cleaning my mouse with canned air & a tiny screwdriver

Once I noted my old mouse had the same issue, I began searching for posts here and found yours. It’s 100% their new patch that has caused this. Hope they acknowledge & fix soon.

3 Likes

Because Mouse 4 is default to autorun what I suspect is happening is that bind is not clearing when you change it to be strafe. That is likely a bug and at this point should be reported as a bug. (You can do so on the bug report forums or in game on the support menu using the submit bug form.)

Given the steps some have already tried, I do not have any troubleshooting I could offer for this and my only recommendation is to not change that keybind from default and setup your strafe buttons to something different.

I do thank you all for providing those screenshots and hopefully with your bug reports this can get addressed by our QA/developers quickly.

3 Likes

It was working fine before, I doubt any of us “changed” our keybinds today. I can only speak for myself but these binds have been in place for years (many years, in fact). I will file a bug report, but this is clearly something that changed with 10.1.

6 Likes

I have used the same movement keybinds since late MoP/Beginning of WoD. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or I will have to stick to classic or other games because I cant just easily switch the keybinds ive used for movement for almost 9 years.

5 Likes

Hey, theres also an issue with faction changing. I just spent 21$ on it, and it gave me the error message and now wont let me change. Can you help??

1 Like

How is this relevant to keyboard and mouse issues

2 Likes

it is. i use my keyobard to type and mouse to hit enter.

1 Like

You realize that they just opened cross-faction guilds and the service might be a bit busy right? Make your own thread.

2 Likes

salt levels detected : High.

1 Like