Input (Keyboard/Mouse) issues since 10.1, character stuck running

waste of oxygen

1 Like

Same issue here! Super frustrating since I only move with my mouse. Straifing is something I use pretty regularly. I wonder if forcing my mouseā€™s sidebuttons to register as a different keystroke would work as a band-aid solution. Iā€™ll report back in a little bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually sound like a good idea. I might try it tomorrow on my work setup (that uses Linux/Wine), see if it registers differently. Let me know how it works for you, and how you managed to do that!

This should be easy to at least track for Blizzard (not easy to fix I get it), but super easy to reproduce so bisecting 10.0.7 ā†’ 10.1 would probably allow to find the culprit.

1 Like

Having the same problem. Have my strafe buttons set to my mouse and just keep running in either direction whenever I perform an input while holding down a strafe button

2 Likes

Disabling mapcords addon fixed this for me

1 Like

my mouse buttons were letting me interact and pushing both 1&2 let me move forward. I canā€™t seem to bind any of my mouse buttons anymore, canā€™t left click on mailboxes or NPCs to interact. just started today.

1 Like

I donā€™t have this addon, I believe your issue is the other one that was linked in this thread.

1 Like

Update: It seems as if WoW registers Mouse Button 4 and 5 as their own unique keybinds instead of what generic keystroke you assign to them in their configuration software. I wonder if there is a way to prevent this from happening. Itā€™s beyond me though tbh.

2 Likes

I use mouse4 for Move Forward and whenever i am holding down mouse4 and use the mouse to move the camera around or left click anywhere on screen or select npc, etc and release mouse4, autorun stays enabled until i click mouse4 againā€¦its very annoying and itā€™s only started happening since 10.1

3 Likes

Got it solved! Some of my addons, like Bagnon and Auctioneer, were conflicting with the gameā€™s coding.

1 Like

just loaded into game with all addons disabled and its still doing it

3 Likes

Please ask the team to increase the priority on this bug. This has a huge impact on how I (and Iā€™m sure others) play the game. I have had strafe left/right bound to mouse 4/5 for so many years now, and itā€™s always worked fine up until today. I really donā€™t want to have to learn a completely new way to do something as integral to the game experience as moving is.

This changed with 10.1. I know the release is huge and there were many tickets deployed with it, but surely any number of devops team can search the release notes, find the tickets within the deployment that led to this. I do this for a living, it may be annoying, but it should be a priority.

Edit: I am able to reliably recreate the issue ā€¦ Steps to recreate

• use a mouse that has mouse button 4 and 5
  • bind strafe left/right to these two buttons
  • in game, press mb4 or 5, but at the same time press the right mouse button
    You should start autostrafing
  • To stop, press the same strafe button again by itself.
6 Likes

100% this. Iā€™ve played this way for so many years I canā€™t imagine just ā€œchanging your strafe key to something elseā€. Do I need to buy a new mouse or something? this is painful

3 Likes

Then you didnā€™t have the issue we have here. There is another issue with addons causing mouse to be unresponsible, totally unrelated.

1 Like

Same issue here. It was also happening to me on PTR, I was hoping that it would only happen there. Same issue as others, I use side mouse button to strafe.

2 Likes

Also reporting this issue.

I use mouse button 4 & 5 for strafing, and holding down right-click + strafe causes my character to auto-run in the strafe direction.

This doesnā€™t happen all the time but itā€™s happened many times after the patch and it didnā€™t occur prior.

2 Likes

I remapped my side mouse buttons to F7 and F8 and I no longer get the bug. Good advice for a temporary fix, but many players will not be able to do this easily or check this forum so Iā€™d consider this a HIGH priority bug (loss of character movement control).

4 Likes

I really hope they fix this bug by tomorrow, this is almost unplayable as someone who moves like this. I thought I was the only person who had this movement set up but apparently itā€™s more common than I thought! mouse button 4/5 strafers unite :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I canā€™t believe so many people do this either, I thought I was the only one haha. It made sense to me to have all my ā€˜movementā€™ keys on mouse.

1 Like

OP is not alone. I have mouse wheel click bound to backpedal. Had it bound to that since 2013. And since today Im stuck auto backpedaling mid boss fight.

3 Likes