Incredibly Disappointed - Anyone else considering cancelling sub?

If Zinqf’s claim about https://wowclassicpopulation.com/characters?minLevel=60&realm=4729_Netherwind holds up:

Then Netherwind is showing something like 70:30 Alliance over Horde at level 60, and relatively smaller numbers overall than many other servers.

So it’s fair for someone to lose half of their night corpse hopping because they are vastly outnumbered? You’re missing the point. In the games you are (imo pointlessly) comparing to WoW, you can GAIN something tangible from winning that PvP fight. You’re basically just being time griefed in WoW. The enemy players are allowed to freely access all of the open world: quests, dungeons, etc. while you are forced to play a basically endless set of imbalanced PvP encounters that involve basically no character progression whatsoever (honor, but that’s an insane grind before you see any benefit). The enemy can quit at any time and do something else. You can’t.

2 Likes

Losing half of their night? How long have you been corpse running?

I’m saying I have no issues with it. I can feel like that cant I?

It seems like you have more of a problem with it than I do. Listen, I don’t share the same sentiments you do. I feel it is more of a player problem than the games problem but hey that’s just me. I was simply saying my opinion and how it does not bother me through my experiences of other games I have played. If you don’t like or agree with it or think its different then that is on you. If you feel it’s unfair you should already know the comments people have been saying. I’m not going to get into that. If you want to Blame it on the company than the players that’s something I don’t agree with.

1 Like

Okay well then we are going to have to disagree. I think the company is immensely at blame for not insuring some semblance of population balance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/dz8ht5/the_descent_into_hell_entering_brd_as_alliance_on/ 

^ And that guy is a rogue with Spy and max Engineering.

I already knew what was going to happen the day layering was going to be removed. If they didnt want this problem they should of capped out and made more servers.

News flash genius… THAT’S WHY THEY’RE ARE PVE SERVERS.
Are you approaching dementia age or is the youth today just this entitled… I can’t tell which…

1 Like

I get the PvP server issue. If not interested in PvP then should go to PvE server but I do like PvP a lot and if I make it to 60 I will be doing it as much as possible.

Because of this honor issue lowbee levelers are being attacked constantly because their level is not looked at by a raids or partys all around flight points, ships, etc., or they fall into a chance for honor even though levels too low to put up a fight, especially against max level toons but even other levelers the way it is set up now.

This issue is causing people to leave game, leave servers, delete toons and go to the larger faction which will end up causing one of the biggest negative issues that happened in retail. Faction imbalances here we come again!

Not sure what can be done to fix this. When BG’s come out it will help but it is not going to stop. Maybe take away honor from 60’s or toons more than a few levels higher than another leveler? I do not mean just don’t give honor I mean take honor points that they have away or come up with some other change because this is ridiculous.

You must have known this was going to happen yet you still chose a pvp server then whine when pvp happens ? Can’t stand people like that.

Cheers, friend :cocktail:

So, what you mean to say is that you enjoy PvP, as long as it’s on your terms? :cocktail:

I mean, you expect the opposite faction to just sit back and wait for you to level to 60, so you can join on the Ganking…I mean “PvP” action? :cocktail:

1 Like

Sure, so just go ahead and show people where the population data is. Since the facts are at our disposal when choosing servers Oh wait…

1 Like

Since you are 50, you can try farming the trolls between Felwood and Moonglade. They are easy to get to, just search the nets for videos on how to get there.

No! Im still playing albeit slower xp but I’m not going to quit? Seems to me you lack drive to play the game, I hope you don’t quit at things in real life when they get hard because your in for a rude awakening!

Your comment lacks facts, and is misinterpreting what players issues are by using a no True Scotsman Fallacy.

The fact is, servers are far to populated compared to vanilla and some of these servers have a 30% / 70% population balance.

3 Likes

A realm, layered or not, has a population. When a realm is layered that population is spread among the layers. When they removed layering that population was dumped onto one layer.

Do you honestly not know what layers were?

1 Like

You are distorting things by your words. By “now” you mean “the last week…and forever in the future”. That “future” is extremely unlikely to be true.

This situation was 100% expected as a SHORT-TERM reaction to “real PVP with honor” being turned on, on PVP realms. Anyone could have predicted this! Forget about trying to do PVE things like leveling, until this short-term reaction is over.

It wasn’t like this 3 weeks ago. It won’t be like this in 3 weeks. Stop pretending that it will be.

For the 2,403,561 time… you rolled PVP and you knew this was what is up… if you didn’t… that makes it even worse for you…

Won’t help much. Horde will have a que and will camp between bgs.

should have rolled pve server.

1 Like

What an idiotic statement. The game was never like this in Vanilla. Something tells me this wouldn’t be your attitude if you were in the outnumbered faction…

3 Likes

That didn’t happen. They didn’t remove layering. They didn’t change the “per-layer cap”. Each realm’s population shrank until the number of layers went to 1.

There may be 1 or 2 exceptions, in the 35 realms. No more.

1 Like