Incredibly Disappointed - Anyone else considering cancelling sub?

It has become nearly impossible to reach level 60 now on a PvP server for a casual player.

There are constantly high-level players running around in packs through each zone and killing us because they have decided to release the honor system without battlegrounds.

I get the idea originally of how they are releasing content, but I am heavily considering just cancelling and may consider resubbing eventually… The game is unplayable.

I have spent nearly as much time running back from the graveyard as I have playing, and my wife and I do our best to find obscure zones to just farm the same mobs over and over because questing is not a viable option.

Incredibly disappointed.

43 Likes

just wait 2 weeks for BGs to be released

3 Likes

That’s a symptom of an overcrowded server, not necessarily a broken pvp system.

The thing is that in Vanilla servers had population limits that were like five times smaller, so there were always things to do and places to quest at, even if you sometimes got ganked by roving squads.

25 Likes

I specifically rolled on Netherwind because it was low population when I joined.

Sounds like PvP happened on a PvP server bud. I would suggest re rolling to a PvE server to prevent the issue you are describing in your post.

26 Likes

Sounds like PvP happened on a PvP server bud. I would suggest re rolling to a PvE server to prevent the issue you are describing in your post.

alliance skeram is sitting at a 80/20 ratio, try being a lvl 54 healer and attempting to get into brm with 70+ horde camping from the FP to the instance entrance, it is unplayable and what is happening is PURE GRIEFING

26 Likes

Already did weeks ago.

In all honesty this is just an inferior product, and It’s clear to me that Blizzard is still up to the same old song and dance.

They pretend the integrity of vanilla is so important… when it absolves them from bug fixes. There’s literally a thread on here called “thats not a bug thats a feature” or something along the lines that says something like

“Pet aggro range was incredibly inconsistent in vanilla, and remains so in classic. This is to say it is working as intended!”

NO ONE. I repeat NO ONE came back to classic because pet aggro was inconsistent, or any other bug for that matter. It’s so obnoxious Blizzard even pretends that’s an acceptable attitude to have.

So now we get all the bugs from Vanilla PLUS plenty more from their port. Still waiting on a response from the developers on vanish being fixed, after they lied about it being fixed like a week ago.

How does this same “it was a part of classic” defense not apply to safespotters? I hate being ganked by them but it is so absurd how Blizzard picks and chooses what makes vanilla, vanilla - thats exactly what happened to retail.

Reports arent even handled by GMS, but mass flag systems which have been abused.

Blizzard cuts themselves costs by shredding vanilla server caps, claiming its to prevent “empty servers”… what a joke. how many are empty RIGHT NOW because of this vert reason?

Spell batching. Cross realm battlegrounds.

all for 15 bucks a month in 2019? No.

Sad reality is someone else is going to rip off what blizzard has just proved to be a successful blueprint, and players like me aren’t going to have loyalty to game developers who didn’t have loyalty to us.

See path of exile, and how it was heralded as the true spiritual successor of diablo.

Matter of time Blizzard. I wont miss you.

26 Likes

It should get better with BGs.

If you can only play during the busy times where the PVP is the most active, you’re probably better off just dungeon grinding. Grab as many ST quests as you can and try and find a group. Don’t forget to grab the one in the middle of the hinterlands where the giant spider spawns.

I get nuked immediately regardless of who else is with me since I’m a healer. I’ve accepted this. Luckily I managed to reach 60 playing off peak hours and doing a bunch of quests that are easy. In the 50+ zones there are lots of quests with one or two easy objectives and they’re worth 5-7k xp. I think the linken quest chain is worth like 30k xp until you get linkens memory. Thats when the kill quests start. The rest of it is pretty much running around the world gathering things and talking to people.

You can also do the cloth quest turn ins for each race in your faction for approx 40K total XP. It might be worth saving the cloth turn ins til you are 40k away from 60.

The quests from duke hydraxis at level 55 are pretty easy too and worth good XP, and it will help you get the item to summon rag if you intend to do MC.

1 Like

Two weeks. Battlegrounds. I’ve said it so many times on the forums already. Half a month, and you’re free to quest once more (for the most part), just don’t expect all gankers to vanish once BGs are out, because there will always be some out there.

3 Likes

I am disappointed in people who make a choice, when all facts are at their disposal, then complain about the results of that choice.

You chose a PvP server when many, many years of posts on what they are and the type of grief you will find on them is available, and now you are complaining about your choice. You made your bed, lie in it or find another bed. Blizzard cannot cater to every person who makes a poor choice.

Take some personal responsibility for your decisions.

13 Likes

dude peak hours or not the faction ratio is 80/20 and every 50+ questing zone is heavily camped there is no point in even trying, we have to corpse run 20 times to get into BRM and every other zone is camped by pathetic human trash. They are literally making raids to corpse camp honor, nothing better to do get to rank 14 1 honor at a time.

5 Likes

I would suggest more Horde roll Alliance to help balance the ratios instead of spewing “roll pve.”

You won’t though for the same reason others don’t want to re roll, time investment.

15 Likes

Except no pvp server was ever like this in Vanilla.

17 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

1 Like

I’m level 40 and a casual player, i’m just waiting for BG’s to come to level again and that’s perfectly fine, being a casual player.

That’s your solution, or reroll. All you’re doing is kicking and screaming because you’re not having your way. You and all the other alliance crying about this.

You can’t reason with these whiners. They will complain about anything; they LOVE playing victim. Gems like “I’m a father with 9 kids and can only play 1 hour a week, blizzard is terrible for not catering to me!” are the norm with these entitled people. They come to classic, join a PvP server, then complain that they’re getting ganked and demand Blizzard do something about it.

What’s funny is that most of these whiners will be gone after Christmas anyway so the real players have to suffer with all the changes Blizzard makes after bending over to them.

5 Likes

You don’t know what alliance is going through at the moment. If you played Vanilla and think the situation back then was remotely similar, for any faction, it just goes to show how ignorant Horde players are of the overall situation.

Servers back then had 1/5th of the population caps that we have on Classic. Even in imbalanced realms there was always somewhere to level and quest and roving gank squads were just an occasional annoyance.

14 Likes

I feel that the issue is likely harder to appreciate as a Horde player. It’s just simply unfeasible to level outside of dungeons, I suppose - and to me it seems that if battlegrounds were released already that this wouldn’t be happening. Yes, you would still see crazy stuff happening at Blackrock Mountain, Hillsbrad, etc - but no matter what zone we have tried to level in we just get camped every time we have logged in since the honor process came out.

I just don’t believe that this experience is “truly authentic Classic”, and think it is irresponsible for the developers to not have sated some of the bloodthirst by releasing battlegrounds.

I know this is the internet, but I feel like there’s reason in the argument from my side…

5 Likes

This made me giggle, good one sir

Wouldn’t that make it classic?

No… we came for the nostalgia, which if Pservers are any indication, MEAN bugs and all.

Which are being fixed constantly…

Have you continued to report it as bugged?

Developers’ note: We’re seeing some players attack others by abusing line-of-sight rules in Gadgetzan. This disruption is against our Terms of Service (as it was in 2006) and we’re taking action against players who exploit this game mechanic. While this new range differs slightly from orginal WoW 1.12, it better enforces the authentically intended consequence of PvPing in a goblin city by challenging the attacker to fight, die, or escape the guards.

Uhh… read notes before being that guy.

Times change. Get used to it.

Please rephrase this in english. Please. Do it on a computer, not your phone. I’d like to actually know what you mean.

15 bucks in 2004 dollars is $20.49 in 2019. I somehow doubt if it cost $20.49 you’d not be complaining though.

And more importantly…

They, nor we, will miss you either. Enjoy your next endeavor.

3 Likes