Imagine If

Assuming you meant “Makes you think”

Explaining what was made clear in what the devs said as if I needed you to do so. It comes across as you assuming I’m an idiot who cant parse common English and needed you to do so on my behlaf.

Giving up on the rest of what I said or just don’t have the energy to keep going?

I’m having fun. Once I decided there was no convincing them it became sport. Unless you meant me as well. Which yeah fair enough Me and Kelliste have derailed this post real bad.

No, I meant what I said. What have I said that shows me thinking I am superior?

You are the only one bringing up other people’s play, saying you are better and everything yet somehow I think I’m superior?

And no I skipped everything else because I skimmed the post prior to starting work. Quickest thing to respond to at the time.

Both times I have said it comes off as superior. As in I read it as such. You good man? Having trouble following conversation?

I’ve only said I am superior in things that can be proven and directly said I don’t think being superior at a game makes me better than you. Maybe get the full context instead of skimming before rushing out a response so you don’t make half baked response like these.

So you injected intent… why?

Pushing your ego that you continued to do behind a block.

It wasnt half baked, it was full baked and the truth came out. In no instance have I suggested or said I was superior to anyone else and it was you injecting that intent into what was being said to argue.

So do you not understand the difference between saying it seems like something and claiming it as fact?

I have at no point claimed you think you are just that you act in ways that imply so to me.

It was half baked and if it wasn’t then you failed to grasp what was said.

I know the point, but if it seems like something why bother saying it like you did.

When I said I dont have a sense of superiority you said that.

How do you know? Im not playing DF, and I wouldnt push anything on this DK anyways because of people like you. Until you guys learn that play doesnt equal knowledge ill continue to use characters on the forum that dont do anything. Not to mention you dont actually make a good case for doing anything? Why would I want to run into people like you that tell other people “im better than you”?

No it doesnt, because this argument mean you have to do the content to have a day. Its a fallacy through and through. I didnt need to do mythic anything to know KM rank 2 was going to bring an Obliterate nerf. I dont need to do mythic anything to know that Pillar being a 45 second CD is going to desync stuff to the point its not going to feel good to play even the spec is tuned properly. I dont have to do mythic anything to know cleaving strikes is a detriment, I dont have to do mythic anything to know a bunch of stuff yet you elitists always act like you do.

You have. See the above quote.

So what about how you act? You literally think you are superior. You have said as such. I really dont care who is better than me. Though I think that is something that is wrong with this whole WoW community because you guys place scores onto people and if that score isnt good enough to you then anything that person says is moot. You constantly look at others characters and try to discredit whatever they say because they arent up to your standards. “I have looked at this character, I have looked at that character and *insert whatever reason their opinion doesnt matter”.

Most people just want to play a fun game, they dont want people like you parse shaming them which is what WoW players do and it drives people away. If your goal is to dwindle the WoW playerbase through elitism then congrats you are achieving that goal.

Here is some more evidence to back up what I am saying.

This is why people post from characters they dont play. 100%. There are plenty of people that do this because people like you try to shame others due to their gameplay instead of what they are actually saying.

It was easy enough to take down that other guy with what he has been saying you dont need to bring up his “level of play”. You are just being elitist at this point.

I was very shocked to see that someone would call disagreement abrasive – while posting to a discussion forum…

1 Like

Once again me saying you come across to me as acting superior and you actually thinking you are aren’t the same thing, and me having some cheek about it doesn’t change anything.

I know I’m better because raider IO has your progress for multiple expansions. So unless you are hiding your power level and actually a mythic raider posting from an alt. In which case cool you’re objectively better at this game, but I doubt it.

Take the chip off your shoulder. Not being as progressed as other doesn’t make you a worse person. It does however make it so you see less levels of play because while I can and do play with lower skill people and see/hear about their issues by not playing higher up you lose out on some perspective. I for instance don’t mythic raid so I don’t have that perspective.

My response to the guy in the other post is entirely me making fun of him because he’s acting like a major doof. How I choose to feed the trolls is up to me.

Yet you said I think I do because you didnt believe me when I said I dont. Did you not see that part?

Then why do you constantly bring it up? Because you are saying “you are worse your opinion doesnt matter”. Thats exactly what you are doing.

That doesnt mean that you cant though. Thats the thing. People havent been to a black hole but they can have the perspective of falling into one. Some peoples brains work in a way that they dont have to do the thing to understand the thing they can play something in their head and figure out the flaws.

Let me put it in another way. When you do a dungeon do you trial and error it the first go though or do you take hints thoughout in how bosses might be and what you would plan on doing? Ignore the dungeon journal, just you are seeing the boss blind. How do you handle it?

So you explain the idea of extrapolating based on prior experience and data. You can do that and it can lead you to mostly correct conclusions. It doesn’t however confirm things the same way doing the content does and it also has blind spots.
I can tell you right now that by doing the content I was exposed to information that I did not have before getting better at the game. Not least of which was due to getting to interact with more types of players.

Me not mythic raiding directly means I do not have the perspective of a person who does. I can extrapolate based on what they tell me about it but they cant communicate that level of data via words or even video. There is so much data lost in terms of qualia by not having done it your self.

Coming across as bitter with a big chip on your shoulder. I brought it up once to get under your skin. Which I think it did, and every time after that I recall I’ve been responding to you talking about it.

What timeframe from the prior experience and how much data?

I do not understand what you mean by this or how it is relevant. Please expound on your point.

What is the timeframe for the prior experience and how much data do you need?

Someone had to think of it right? Or even several people thought of it.

Tell me this, what content did I have to do to know that DW with Shattering Blade can return to 5 stacks of RI in 1 global? I know exactly what it takes and how its done. So what content did I have to do to get this information?

What does that have to do with the current topic. I still don’t get how time frame is relevant to what I’ve been saying obviously information becomes outdated and less relevant to speculation.

I wasn’t exclusively talking about new people introducing new ideas to me much of the information I gained was through just my own observations and testing.

All you would need to understand class mechanics is to have played it or the knowledge of several interconnected class functions. It’s honestly a lot of info for an uninitiated person to take in and speculate from without hands on testing.

All of that aside as its a bad example because its significantly less complex than an entire pillar of play which includes all of the specs roles and hundreds of mechanics.

The whole point is that second hand knowledge is inherently less valuable. Which may be why you have wierd ideas about tanks being the sole case for dungeons going “faster”. Which I find odd because I’ve played since Vanilla and have seen and been blasting dungeons well before active mitigation and tank self sustain, if that’s why you are talking about time frame its irrelevant to my point as gear curve as a reason for people running dungeons faster has been repeated ever expansion or season there by reupdating my information.

Why are you asking this?

There isnt a more simple way to ask it.

So that whole thing was just pointless and a stroke of ego… -.-

Played it where? To what extent?

Hands on testing where? Within the content? Just leveling? Target Dummies? Where is this stuff taking place?

What?

Wrong.

Suuuure you were.

Not the reason why. For someone who talks about these concepts you have a really hard time grasping something as simple as how long to you have to play to have prior experience and how much data do you need?

Do you need to play for 5 minutes or 5 years? What kind of content? Do you need to just do leveling content, or do the hardest difficulty? People have been trying to defend this dumb position of doing the content = unparalleled knowledge of the class. If thats the case why do so many people just get things fundamentally wrong. Oh and this thread topic is about class mechanics not being the same as that of another class that has it “easier”. If greener grass is elsewhere go to the greener pasture. If you live in a desert and can see a bountiful forest, its only your fault that you stay in the desert.

Oh good. You had been acting almost normal and I was getting bored, but were right back to abrasive!

Frist off I was asking because you communicated it in a way that didn’t make sense to me. I wanted clarification. There may or may not have been a simpler way to communicate what ever you were going for but there was certainly a better way as you can always get a person to understand things if communicating well.

Secondly. What part of me saying I learned a lot from improving at t he game by simply observing things is an ego stroke? OMG I have eyes aren’t I the best?

Thirdly your example was how fast Razor Ice stacks up to be used by shatter. Anywhere that it stacks at all would work so literally any combat content could be enough hands on content if they were actively trying to figure it out. If not they would have to gather a lot of data and do math.

This is obvious. Having first had experience provides additional layers of context for information.

I make an argument. You say, Nuh UH! Truely an intellectual titan.

I have a really hard time grasping exactly which topic we are talking about because you keep drifting from one to another bringing up random tangents about wrath that introduce new topic and now you are referring back to the original topic of the post? Buddy we’ve clearly moved through so many topics and arent on Class mechanics atm.

The most recent topic was your take that tanks have bean designed over time to be too fast and need to be slowed back down to levels similar to Cata so they aren’t making the rest of the game less fun for DPS players, and my counter to that was/is everyone moves through content as fast as possible when given the gear to do so.

Here’s a new example on that topic. Back in Cata when I would do my daily heroics by the mid point of dragon soul I would tank dungeons as frost to make them go faster and I wasn’t alone in doing similar stuff.

Are you not following the conversation because its been going on for so long and your forgetting? You keep coming back with responses that feel incredibly disconnected.

The people that say this are 100% correct.

1 Like

So you are just trolling, got it.

Sort of, but I’m doing so by charitably and honestly engaging with the topics you bring up. Because I think you cant stand on your ideas but absolutely must have the last word.
Notice how I used “I think” I’m not telling you what you actually feel Kelliste, don’t try and tell me I did again.

I assume from the ever increasingly incoherent and silly responses you cant come up with an actual counter to the ideas I’ve been presenting? I’ll be charitable and offer that maybe you’re just tired of the topic? That’s fine. If you want me to stop responding just ask me to without adding anything I will feel compelled to engage with, or just don’t respond.

Welcome to the ignore.