Frost dk might be saved!

This reminds me of the time when people were arguing that nfts were a really good investment, and me actually knowing something about economics and investments telling them that no actually, this is really bad and you shouldn’t buy it.

This was usually followed by something along the lines of: You’re just a boomer who doesn’t understand the market and live in the past.

Then when nfts eventually fizzled out, the same people said to me that “everyone knew that it was a bubble, you’re not smarter than us” This was all to avoid the shame of being wrong about something.

Guess what, i am smarter, as i actually have an idea of what’s going on, and im usually decently, if not really well informed about the subject i’m talking about, and this is the same.

There are a lot of people saying to me “those weren’t your ideas, you just copied it from someone else” Except where? Where are these people, i follow both the discords, and the forums, and i basically never saw them, is there the possibility that someone somewhere said the same thing as me? Most likely, was it everyone? No. Were there a few ideas from other people that i thought were legitimately good, yes, but not yours don’t worry.

In short it’s just people unwilling to admit that i was right, and that my track record of being right is pretty much perfect, as many of the changes that i suggested either made the spec where i suggested those things, more fun to play, or were just good for the game, like removing explosives, which was an awful affix, even though there were some people telling me that it wasn’t a problem… As usual i get my fair share of pushback for my “objectively” great ideas.

Am i saying am i smarter than you all? No, but actually… Yes.

And now, go cry me a river.

Bye bye.

I asked for more and man you delivered. Fantastic performance.

It’s either performance art or a lolcow in the wild. Love it.

“Am i saying am i smarter” claims to me smarter than everyone doesn’t capitalize the I and mixes word placement. Hilarious.

4 Likes

I know, i tend to “deliver” that’s what i do.

You tend not to, which is a shame. For you that is.

Do you have anything actually intelligent to say or you’re just gonna leave it at that? No? Ok.

I mean id rather you say nothing than some garbage, frankly speaking.

1 Like

NFT’s was an easy market to call BS on. Just like Frost was easy to call that something was bound to burst because its going to end up in not being able to be balanced, especially against itself.

It was never going to continue. We can see what people like right now with old design and new design and soooo many more people are playing the old design and its performance compared to other specs is way worse than it is in DF.

Cause you were the only person in the whole wide world that thought they were bad…
lmao

get off your high horse dude.

No i won’t.

Maybe you should actually read.

Wow. Busted a gut at this one. Hilarious.

Guys posting from an account he doesn’t play to avoid people seeing his level of play or to ban evade. Claims to be the guy behind changes that loads of people have suggested and then to top it all off has the most R/Iamverybadass way of typing.

Man I said keep it coming and you delivered!

5 Likes

You’re also hilarious.

The only difference is i have more style than you. If you try to s post, i can do it 10 times better than you.

If you wanna talk in a more serious manner i can also do it though. Your choice.

Well, i think this is a lost cause at this point. Let’s be real here.

1 Like

Oh man I knew it was a lost cause immediately. I’m just enjoying seeing you act like a 2014 reddit atheist.

3 Likes

Your words mean a lot to me.

Thank you for this “conversation”.

Signed
Me

1 Like

Just stop replying to him for crying out loud. He hasnt really dont much of anything to help Frost at all. Most of the people on these forums havent actually helped Frost change for the better. Only now are things moving in the right direction after 2 years of listening to the same people ruin this spec, being harassed on twitter to make foolish changes and so on.

Just move on. I dont think people are going to flock to DK, but this stuff is at least an improvement. This “silent assassin” developer (thats what Max said the developer that got ahold of the DK class this go around is called) was having a poor showing to what was claimed he does. A lot of bad changes were being made with band-aid fixes for things that just needed to be fixed. Things were going to be fixed when balance was going to become a nightmare. If you cant balance something then design is the only place that is left to go and I think they were seeing that they werent going to be able to balance the spec so some design decisions had to be made. Pillar ramp isnt a fun thing and it can also cause balance issues.

I tank 99.9% of the time – have little experience with dps – but was trying to get up to speed with frost on the beta. Without this, do you just make peace with capping on RP during pillar windows or what? Saw mention in the DK feedback topic that the top build currently takes oblit and breath, is that just the meta now?

(Sidebar…is there a guide out there with a beta rotation/priority list?)

Current (DF) Frost DK always massively overcaps RP during Pillar – so no difference there.

Oh no, yeah, I know that…its just that every other spec I’ve played has tried to hammer it into you that you should try to avoid capping resources where possible so it just seems odd for it to be a staple of the class. This seemed like a change to move away from that and give options to spend RP so I was just curious about why it seemed to be so hated.

DK, In particular frost, has historically been a very resource control based spec. The initial tree for frost was pretty half baked and has so many effects from previous tier/legendaries that were by themselves meant to give a moderate increase to overall resources.

In DF the over capping was so severe that I’ve had pillar windows that the optimally choice was to waste 90% of my RP to over capping.

The “Fix” to this was to make it so when you did spend RP in pillar you spent much more. These notes rolled all that back in favor of slowing down resources overall which is almost always the best for DK due to our resource system always needing to conform to the base 6 runes.

No guides that I’ve found and I doubt many will with how much more blizzard is changing in the lead up than any other expansion. Also jut not many Frost DK content creators.

However they choose to do it, the devs need to find a way to separate BoS from Obliteration. I am not a BoS enjoyer and this “omni-frost” build sounds about as much fun as finding a pile of Legos on one’s way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

1 Like

I think the only way its possible to stop players from taking both is to either make more 2 point nodes so its actually impossible to get to both, or to make one of the other capstones a must have.

That’s what I expected The Long Winter would’ve been before Pillar ramp got axed due to keeping high ramp for 5 extra seconds being crazy good and I think the massive buff to Icy Death Torrent may have been an attempt to conserve that line of talents as the must pick that stops players from picking both breath and Obliteration.

Appreciate the insight, friend. My DK expertise lies solely with blood because I tank more often than not…but the bit of testing I did with frost on the beta last night felt fun. It just felt odd to cap, or be close to capping, resources so much (which points to just inefficiencies on my part if they’ve already slowed down resource gen). I can definitely see this being a fun spec to play on the nights I may not want to tank a key… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh my god

We’re so back boys

New buffs to frost are feeling really juicy right now.