If You Call Deadmines "VC", You're Wrong

Have to make that gold somehow.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. I’ve had dumberer.

I like pineapple on pizza.

1 Like

OP is completely correct. It’s not VC, It’s EV for Edwin VanCleef. Now also accepting CC for Cookie’s Cove.

You called deadmines DM if you weren’t including vancleef. If you were doing vancleef, you called it a VC run. I remember this very clearly. He was higher level than the rest of the zone and would usually be red to groups.

1 Like

I’m happy I was able to debate this topic before and provide time relevant reference points/data. VC and DM are both appropriate and have been used since World of Warcraft closed beta. For those saying that’s not what we did in vanilla or day 1 players used, you are factually wrong.

3 Likes

I’ll repeat it once more
People calling Deadmines = VC, are dedicated Discord group Sheitposters from Private servers and retail who claims 2 be Vanilla players, but they aren’t.

Said group also abused the old forum system to meme the #nochanges fallacy into reality.

You are literally wrong. If you would actually read, like my very detailed responses to another thread on this topic, you would see you are completely wrong.

2 Likes

Sorry, but people did call Deadmines VC in Vanilla… and DM. It was stupid then too. The majority of people forming a Deadmines group are doing so in Westfall General chat. If you are so stupid that you think a Westfall group is forming a Dire Maul group in that zone, then you’re way too stupid to bother grouping with. It’s DM.

Arguing over what to call deadmines

First world problems

popcorn

Everything you’re saying rests on faulty assumptions.

Since his first name is Edwin, then anyone using the Abbreviation VC is point blank wrong.

Why? There is literally no rule that people are required to use his first name for anything. Just like there’s no rule that conventionally defines that dungeon short hand HAS to be the name of the dungeon. Everything you’re saying rests on arbitrary limitation demanded solely by you.

DM is dire maul on horde side. Wth is this VC instance?!

Alliance problems.

But that treads on Blackfathom Deeps.

This cracks me up how passionate people get (or pretend to get) about this.

I joined a week after launch, as a complete noob. Did westfall quests on my hunter, got quest to kill VC, said LF VC run like everybody else on my server (Hyjal), had no clue what a dungeon was.

I would never have said I called the DUNGEON VC. I would never have said “There’s a lot of sweet tin nodes in VC”. I would never have said “I have all the other VC quests done, I just need to kill VC”. If people are doing that now, I think that’s weird.

In practice for me the dungeon itself is Deadmines. DM = Dire Maul. Sure, you say DM-East, etc, but when you’re saying “Good thing they did progressive content release, heck DM loot is better than MC” you don’t.

1 Like

yeah its just being amplified x100 by people trolling the westfall chat.

beating the dead horse at this point but if you look at old wowhead comments you have people refering to it as both vc and dm

1 Like

Stop making sense, this is General!

:joy:

Every server I’ve played in Vanilla.

I think it’s all the Wrath players that started calling VC DM.

He’s mad because he’s wrong.

Two word attention span. Real nice there, chief.

It also *says LOM instead of OOM. Good luck getting that to stick.