I wish Blizzard treated us as adults

This is where being treated like an adult has to come back. Are there abusers? Yes. Are the abusers greater than the general wow population? Probably not. I mean they are keeping covenants closed regardless of what min/maxers think. They should allow players to trade with their friends regardless of what bad guilds do.

If Blizzard intends to make choices meaningful then choosing who you raid with should have a greater meaning beyond if people are good or bad at dps/healing/tanking. A perspective of “these people actually share” vs “these people take everything for themselves”.

Furthermore Classic lead to Blizzard booming in sales of subs and is still going strong from what I hear. Yet classic still maintains that players are adults Guild Abuse Excuse is not even up for debate.

I don’t think they see us as adults after trashing us like children.

“Do YoU gUyS nOt HaVe PhOnEs??”

Still echoes.

People grow older, but they do not always grow up.

1 Like

Which is hilarious, because Vanilla/Classic was always painted as a friendly, welcoming playerbase with a strong, mature community…we all knew it wasn’t, and they’re proving it.

2 Likes

Are you not happy with the imp mother spec we have now?

1 Like

I’m just going to assume that you haven’t heard the latest guild news out of classic.

There’s a lot more bad guilds out there than people think. Having to dig through dozens of bad guilds to find a good one is a great way to permanently lose a customer. Good guilds rarely need to look for new players, bad guilds constantly do. Guess which one a player’s likely to land on.

I tend to focus on what my friends say versus what the public drama is.

Edit. Reading your links now. Thought it was just others replies. That sounds horrible but mostly like a reporting issue and blizzards over-dependence on automated suspensions.

Nah, at the end of the second one, a Blizz rep even states that there was no automatic action. If the original guy actually got a temporary ban, it was because a GM got conned. But a lot of people got themselves banned for trying that stunt.

Yea but thats a stunt and an internal blizzard issue. Yes people are mass reporting and its leading to wrongful bans but is this a problem that is affecting everyone and is limiting loot sharing the answer? I do not think thats the answer. I think the answer to the issue you presented is Blizzard having a proper look at their policy towards bans and false reporting to address this issue

For this case, sure, bans make perfect sense. Blizzard has a nice list of all the people that abused the reporting system. Blizzard doesn’t have a list of all the people who have abused the loot systems over the years.

This was just a case of a classic guild (or two) abusing a sensible tool.

Sometimes I wish I could trade more stuff too, but not that often.

1 Like

I hope Blizzard finds a solution. Doing things with friends and not being able to trade things with them feels anti mmo to me. It just ruins the experience when one person only loots 5 shoulder pieces in 4 weeks but no one else can trade them an upgrade they themselves do not need but could mean the world to the person that does not have anything. It also feels anti rpg because it devalues the group role in doing things for with and for each other.

If anything keep personal loot for pugs and remove it for real id friends (That are friends for like a week or more) and guilds. I think that would be good. And if some abuse it then make an option to let players choose. We dont need master loot but I do want options here.

Wow is just becoming more all for one than one for all and I think we should have some say in that. As someone pointed out earlier this game is just becoming more of a single player experience and any multiplayer interactions already has enough restrictions that you really do not have to speak to anyone or make connections.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that Blizzard are our parents?

Perhaps. They dont call him big daddy hazzi for nothing

I’m not sure if it’s an issue of being treated like an adult or if it’s an incapability to allow players to trade freely.

When they did that crz, I couldn’t give another player an item because they weren’t on my realm although there they were. I know crz was just to give the illusion of a more populated server but it seems they could have gone a different way so we could trade, etc… yet they didn’t.

So maybe the game engine is so old it can’t? Idk.

They can treat their players worse, the main problem is they don’t respect their in-game stories, their company history, and what they used to do that wasn’t motivated by cash.

It’s not that they don’t think you are smart enough to deal with your own loot, it is that they wanted to remove the option that was often abused. Look I liked master loot but there isn’t anyone who can’t say that at times it wasn’t abused, and when it was who did people turn to to solve the situation? They just got tired of having to try and sort out loot disputes for us.

Now I wouldn’t mind seeing it come back, making it an option that can only be used when the vast majority of the raid is in the same guild. It would also need to be listed in the “group finder” so people know in advance before they back fill open slots in someone another guild’s raid.

1 Like

So you mean return Master Loot. Because even if you mean otherwise, that’s what it would become.

The reason the restriction was imposed on trading in raids was to avoid the sorts of social consequences that arose from ML. Just as there are good people and guilds who do the right thing, there are bad ones who don’t, and the results of the latter were a lot more disruptive. Sadly, there are always people who do the wrong thing because they can - you only need to look at some of the craptastic behaviour going on in Classic at the moment; people killing a quest giver just to disadvantage others who are trying to gain something important and amazing.

Sometimes they have to err on the side of caution, as the saying goes. They have to impose a structure that protects against misuse. You can still trade items with your friends, as long as they aren’t upgrades for you. In the scheme of things, it’s a small price to pay, I feel, to avoid the actions of bad’ns.

1 Like

It is because more then a few people exploited master loot. Don’t blame blizzard, blame the people that enjoying ruining a good thing for everyone else.

2 Likes

I think I still blame Blizzard seeing as there is a chunk of innocent people still upset by it.

There’s definitely ways to put master loot back in specific situations.

so you want blizzard to treat you like an adult like they are already treating all of us and you?