I wish Blizzard treated us as adults

So many times in BFA an item is garbage for me and I want to give it away but its 5 item levels higher than what I have and cant trade it. So the team of friends went in, defeated the big bad, and I dont need this item and cant trade it to my friend so I scrap it for 30 gold. And then that becomes the prize of spending 40-60 minutes in a dungeon not including the prep work before the dungeon.

I dont care much for master loot. But man do I hate feeling treated like a child that cannot make his own decisions on loot I earn because Papa Blizzard decided I should not be making any decisions.

This type of issue really hurts friends that like to play with each other early on in the expansion. I wish there was some kind of option that allowed players to just trade freely if they are in a guild or community group.

Do with that what you will Blizzard and my fellow WoW players. Its a bad feeling that is anti mmorpg in my opinion. Like we struggle together but cannot reap the rewards and share them.

We went from one for all to all for one and if one doesnt need it well then scrap it too bad you just lost a bunch of time for a pointless run.

Idk maybe let real ID friends trade with eachother?

16 Likes

I think Blizzard treats us like adults for the most part.

A shame many of us seem incapable of returning the favor.

35 Likes

Have you seen us? Most of us barely qualify as adults.

24 Likes

I try to always be respectful. But everytime I play with friends and cant trade them my trash that is their treasure I feel like I am treated like a child.

3 Likes

So many things are soulbound for no good reason. Why can’t I give this chest piece to my friend who deserves it if I can hand it over to any random vendor?

6 Likes

A lot of people never learned these type of adult skills you mentioned and throw a temper tantrum when they dont get their way. This is true in many other aspects of life than WoW.

14 Likes

The reason why Blizzard changed how loot works in regards to its distribution in group content wasn’t to punish players like you.

It was changed (among other reasons) to stop players not like you from punishing other players.

Just another case of everyone having to suffer due to the bad behavior of “that guy”.

14 Likes

Not only loot trading.

Why they can’t just let us play how we want instead of putting us on rails with different forms of deterrents for straying from their path.

I dont need a leash to keep me from running into the street.
If I want to skateboard on the sidewalk it should be my choice.

3 Likes

“Play how I want” is such an infuriatingly bland and meaningless comment.

11 Likes

True. Real men of culture channel someone else through their bodies while they play.

1 Like

Remember when we couldn’t find the PvP vendors? :crazy_face:

8 Likes

If you want to get a peek at the WoW playebase acting like adults go visit classic right now with the AQ war effort going on.

6 Likes

I think Blizzard treats everyone like adults, but the problem is that most people tend to not act like adults.

7 Likes

Timegating is now treating us like adults with impulse control? Weird

2 Likes

Timegating keeps you coming back to playing the game later. If you just got everything up front on day 1, then you would be done with the game most likely and be like. What’s there left for me to do? I guess unsub or maybe complain on the forums about lack of content.

1 Like

Because they have to keep you grinding somehow.

1 Like

Thats my point… they engineer systems that remove player agency constantly because they treat us like adults right?

This thread isn’t about time gating.

That said, time gating is a thing primarily for two reasons in my opinion:

First to extend out game time spent playing.

Second to put hard walls that prevent players from going all out and consuming all available content because they have no impulse control.

Again, the many suffer because the few can’t control themselves.

2 Likes

Does GD really strike you as a place full of adults ready to have adult conversations?

4 Likes

They’ve thrown a tantrum over almost every aspect of that game.

3 Likes