I think FOTM and Cookie Cutter should not influence game design going forward

How am I an elitist?

Being “kind” is not a requirement to be a “gamer”. There are a lot of jerky gamers.

I feel quite confident the issue is not always “other people”. Harder content can not be merely queue-able due to the nature of it being harder content.

To me it is. Different strokes for different folks.

Why are you adding to your own stereotype?

When I called for queuable harder content, you insulted me (either troll or out of touch, thanks) and stood by it. That’s pretty jerkish.

Also your behavior towards other people besides me. Disagreement and argument for the sake of such. It deserves way more than a once a month forum vacation.

Please show me where I insulted you for merely calling for queue-able harder content.

We both know that is not what happened.

Must I bring up that thread again?

Nah, I’ll have you do it. You did so last time.

Please bring it up.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769737366?page=2

I’m the farther gamer from Elitist. I’m a realist and I don’t expect the game nor the high-end players to help me get to the highest level. I just play the game and wear whatever is on dead things on the ground, try to kill bosses or die trying, lick my wounds and find something else to do. I’m the kind of player video game devs want - no complaints, no demands, no fuss. Just cruising thru the game on my own terms.

I’m in no hurry to get anywhere, just happy to login and do whatever goals I set for myself. I’ve been here for a long long time and I don’t expect to rage quit for any reason.

/shrug

I can’t express how much I agree with this. This esport feel has compeltely changed the nature and feel of so much of the content, yes it may be fun for people to watch, but tis not fun for the majority of players.

Really Mythics having a time constraint is the biggest problem of the design. FOTM wouldn’t be such an issue if I could just slog my way through it with my friends with suboptimal specs. I understand that there needs to be some extra reward for time, but how about not both upgrading the key and gear?

1 Like

Ok. And now show me where I insulted you for ONLY asking for queue-able harder content

Around the first confrontation post-new forum.

Our history can be found on Google, “ammathostus akston” to be specific.

Yet they are indulging these approaches to the game for some reason, to the point they actually advertising events which are centered around this approach to the game itself.

If they aren’t balancing the game around them (despite all evidence to the contrary), they are certainly condoning the behaviours which it has brought forth.

1 Like

Show me.

What evidence do you have that they are balancing the game around them? Is it the fact that the meta for Season 3 MDI is basically exactly the same (or worse) than the meta for Season 2? If they were balancing around it…wouldn’t there have been changes?

And are you pretending they clearly aren’t “indulging” the whims of the casual player to get gear? Through Warfronts, WQs, and TF/WFing?

Why the cookie cutter methodology?
Because companies actually believe we’re all singing this old song.

YOU WANT ALL THE CONFRONTATIONS!? YOU GOT THEM!!!

You happy now? (Go look it up on Google.)

I’ll keep at it until you apologize.

Why would a casual player care about gear?

They generally aren’t interested in the endless progression curve, doubly so if there’s far too much randomness involved. A casual will often choose an arbitrary point at which they can comfortably do whatever content they’re interested in…

… and stop gearing right there.

They have all they need, why bother bashing their heads against a wall for an extra 1-2% more stats from titanforging? That just seems delusional to a player who, by definition, isn’t all that interested in optimization.

If anything, a casual would be more interested in a non-random progression curve with a well-defined endpoint they could choose to stop at.

1 Like

I did not ask for confrontations. People disagreeing is not a bad thing.

You stated that I insulted you for doing nothing but asking for queue-able harder content. I asked you to back that up and show me where. You aren’t doing it.

You are complaining about people being toxic and elitist, while apparently making up things about those that disagree with you.

Plenty of casual people care about gear. You are being incredibly naive if you think casuals don’t care about gear. If that is a cornerstone aspect of your point, then I don’t know how to continue a discussion where you are clearly just making up statements for the sake of disagreeing.

I remember that person, told him/her I often play with ferals. Feral druids can do quite well but is hard to launch yourself from the bottom upwards, partly due to spec but also because of the DPS competition.

It’s hard to get started is the problem, when Pugging. Go look in LFG for arenas, most people want 2k plus xp. It is hard in wow in general to move forward especially in the middle of an expansion.

1 Like

It’s one thing to disagree, it’s another to stand by being rude.

I mean they could just make it nigh-impossible for people to be bad. They could front load your damage to like 3 or four abilities that have a set rotation, and as long as you keep pressing those 3 or 4 buttons you’ll do enough damage to make it through most content. But Blizz would never ever do such a thing. I mean, of they did player would probably say something like, “classes are too boring,” or “there’s too much homogenization.”

Yes. Its very rude to make up things about people. Since you haven’t shown me where I insulted you for merely asking for harder queue-able content…is this what I should conclude?