I think FOTM and Cookie Cutter should not influence game design going forward

TL:DR: No more “Be a FOTM Cookie Cutter Mythic Raider or Die to Gambling”

BFA serves as a lesson in that dungeon design shouldn’t mandate the existence of a FOTM spec with a Cookie Cutter build or else no invite.

The game should not be balanced around esports. It should be balanced around downing the content first, which isn’t even that appealing to begin with.

Customization in gearing and character progression should be brought to the forefront in 9.0.

Done are the days where you are locked into a build. Be whatever, be the best that you can be, and the only person you have to please is yourself.

Not this whole “Be a Mythic Raider or Die to Gambling” nonsense that was brought from maximizing content tuning to the top end players that make the game seem broken in favor of the house to those PUG’ing or even doing LFD/LFR content.

5 Likes

huh?  

6 Likes

All they need to do is remove the timer.

They can still do their eSports in an eLeague like they do for Arenas with premade characters. If people want to practice strats and rosters to get ready for the eLeague then fine but let everyone else play at their own pace using the class of their choice.

4 Likes

As long as there is a choice of some kind as far as talents, etc, there will always be a “best choice” that will result in the cookie cutter stuff. Cookie cutter specs were so prevalent in vanilla that they just built a lot of that stuff straight into the class and gave us the current talent trees.

4 Likes

And all they need to do to mythic raiding is remove the bosses.

3 Likes

“I want the game dumbed down so much that it doesn’t matter if I pick the worst abilities possible, and do my rotation as badly as possible, I should be able to complete the hardest content”

The game is clearly not balanced around esports.

The game is clearly not “mythic raiding or die”.

Players figure out what the cookie cutter build is. Not Blizzard.

5 Likes

Blizzard should at least make the underperforming specs/talents useful. It’s not all on players.

3 Likes

But there will still be optimal talents that players decide are the “cookie cutter” build.

This happened in Classic. This happened in every single expansion.

Any time there is a talent that gives any dps increase, it will be valued higher. The only way to remove cookie cutter builds is to remove all choice and give everyone the same talents.

3 Likes

There was a user on here, Wilkycat, who plays Feral Druid, an underperforming spec.

No matter what she did, she was declined constantly and even threatened/reported just for being a Feral Druid. She even “gut gud” and still got declined.

That means something is not right.

3 Likes

I 100% do not believe someone was getting reported purely for playing feral druid.

That also has nothing to do with cookie cutter specs.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised if her wording is correct.

if you believe anything wilky says, I have a bridge to sell you.

5 Likes
1 Like

Including you?

I remembered around the third or so confrontation about being called a troll and standing by it, you said I was lying.

You lied about me lying. That video is true, but you are not.

Yes. I said you were either a troll or out of touch with the game, I believe.

I stand by those statements. If you arent a troll, as you claim, you are out of touch with the game. This is seen by your statements such as “raid mythic or die”.

I tried fixing the problem. You said that. You say the problem is game design as intended and you are fine with it.

Again, I don’t want the game to die but you lie and say I do. I will carry on my grudge until you apologize.

Explain the bridge.

You really don’t understand the gamer mindset, do you?

Most player’s “beating the game” metric is to be wearing the ultimate gear, beat all the raids on hardest difficulty, etc. In order to achieve those things, people in their group need to be in the same sphere. They’re not bringing you or me to their mythic +20 to slow them down.

If you’re not spec’d and gemmed and meet specific ilvl and experience thresholds, you’re are not in their league.

That will never change - especially through some random thread on the forum written by a random nobody with zero accomplishments.

So just play the game your way, play as you want but don’t be trying to change the mindset of the general playerbase who have been gaming this way for years.

There’s a difference between a gamer and an Elitist. I’m not saying you are an Elitist, but a gamer is kind to all, an Elitist is like Akston.

Wearing the Ultimate gear is a fantasy of mine and helps tremendously, but I have to gamble for it.

I killed Xylem and got the Havoc Challenge Appearance. So not exactly zero accomplishments.

I am specced and gemmed. The problem has always been other people, as you said.

I guess I have to keep waiting for queue-able harder content.

1 Like

So, what you’re saying is the fact you’re Wilkycat on an alt spamming even more nonsense. Got it.

…no?

Nor am I Rastlin.